The Student Lounge Thread

Same here hypnolux but I'm going to eighth since I skipped second. It's pretty early but I'm already going to geometry. I hope it's not hard.

What's wrong with the applications the college's use? Or were you hoping that you can just fill out the same form for each one to make your task simpler? :p

My Geometry final is tomorrow... but geometry is like meh not so hard. I just need to study rotations and a few other things... Wow, you guys are all talking about college. But I guess all of the middle/high schoolers are on break.

Zyflair and SOMALIA, good luck to you two as well. I'm definitely excited, but also nervous (naturally). So many new responsibilities are going to fall on me within the next few weeks.

I'm gonna enter 7th grade in one month and three days. And I'm taking the "highest" classes possible (in 7th grade), which means Enriched English, Accelerated Math, Accelerated Science, and Enriched History, which taking Orchestra and either Chinese or Spanish. Oh, and Phy.Ed is stupid.

Choose your language wisely. Pick the one that you think you'll enjoy more and would more likely use. If you're not planning on heading to China anytime or want to be a translator, it's not the best choice if you have a better chance of applying Spanish.

Spanish is always a good second language to try to learn if you already know English, due to the abundance of cognates and borrowed words from both languages, making it easier to learn.

Spanish is my first choice and Chinese is my second choice. the reason is that Spanish is easy and if I take Chinese, I know I will have a big advantage when I get a job (I want to be an engineer).

OU Pokemon said:
Spanish is my first choice and Chinese is my second choice. the reason is that Spanish is easy and if I take Chinese, I know I will have a big advantage when I get a job (I want to be an engineer).
Wait, you're taking level of difficulty over future practicality?

Last day of summer for me. I have meet the teach night tonight, and then start class and everything tomorrow. (Funnily, a lot of my classes are already online and I'm thinking about doing homework because of the fact that it's so boring today)

I have like two more weeks of summer. I'm going to a new school that gives college credit for standard classes, so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, you can participate at sports programs at other schools, since this one doesn't have them. I'm gonna be trying to make the basketball team from my school last year, because I think some sports would be good for me, and I could use some variety in my resume.

I've recently signed up for the second year of my BA program. I'm trying to get my 4 year BA done so I can go and do a 4 year BS program.
Currently I have all my courses picked out

English -
Modern Celtic Literature
Special Topics in Contemporary Irish Drama

History -
Modern Ireland - 1603-1848
Modern Ireland - 1848-2000
Modern Scottish Highlands

Folklore/History -
Vernacular Architecture

I'm a HUGE fan of celtic studies. I love Scotland and Ireland so I've made my BA focus around them. Since I love school so much and the university allows me to take what I want, I made this set up be my best one for the program. I'll be starting September 12th so I've still got a while before I go back (That actually makes me sad)

Well, here's the schedule for the beginning semester:

IDH 1920H - HONORS SYMPOSIUM I (Required to complete Honors College program)
COP 3223H - HONORS INTRO PROGRAMMING WITH C
COT 3100C - INTRO TO DISCRETE STRUCTURES
ENC 3241H - HONORS WRITING FOR TECHNICAL PROFFESSION
MAC 2313H - CALCULUS WITH ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY III HONORS (Love how they make it sound so complicated)
TOTAL: 15 CREDIT HOURS

Should be fun with two math classes.

You're so lucky. I'm not able to take math because it doesn't fit in with my program. I would love to enter a math program just so I could tak a whole bunch of them.

Back