RMT The Stall Offensive

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Introduction
It has been awhile since my last RMT, The Antithesis, which peaked at 1563 in its final form, since I have bothered really making a team. Recently, laddering on Pokemon Showdown, I've notice Celebi floating around, and not just using special attacks! Swords Dance Celebi has been on the rise it seems, and I figured I'd get in on the prospect. It plays like stall at times, but other times it is a harsh and unforgiving sweep, or, if one of my sweepers goes down, there's always stall to pressure the foe out... Unfortunately I haven't been able to fit Stealth Rock on and I feel the team could be a lot better.

At A Glance

251.png
534.png
376.png
113.png
145.png
036.png

Up Close
251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
The main point of the set, Celebi finds itself in use a lot. It not only makes for a solid Baton Passer, but as a decent physical wall as well, having 300 Def. Seed Bomb is a decent mono attack, and combined with Swords Dance can at times make Celebi a threatening Pokemon. Both Pokemon receiving Baton Pass function as really well receivers, Conkeldurr having solid bulk with solid recovery and Metagross with already high attack and Rock Polish for speed.

534.png

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
Standard Assault Vest, with Conkeldurr's nice bulk and offensive recovery, as well as making for a powerful status absorber makes a single Swords Dance boost very dangerous. Drain Punch is main STAB, and keeps Conkeldurr alive and kicking. Mach Punch is a very powerful priority move when given a boost, and compensates well for Conkeldurr's low speed, allowing Conkeldurr to pick off faster threats. Ice Punch is for Landorus, Dragons, Zapdos, or anything pretty much that Drain Punch or Mach Punch can't, and definitely fits well. Knock Off rounds off the set perfectly, allowing me to predict and/or take out incoming Psychics, or take off an item.

376.png

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
Standard Rock Polish set, with 427 attack, Mega Metagross is threatening, with a speed boost as well as a chance to boost attack is pretty powerful, so of course Metagross is a good candidate as well. The Ground-types that Metagross can't hit are okay, I'm not in an exact hurry to sweep through everything, that is why I have walls of course, as well as Ice Punch Conkeldurr. Meteor Mash is really the main STAB, very helpful with the random boosts, even if Celebi doesn't BP a boost. Zen Headbutt makes for good neutral damage, KOing Rotom-W and other walls that resist Meteor Mash, but aren't worth the speed drop, after a boost. Hammer Arm takes care of Steel-types (Ferrothorn), Balloon users and ensures Chansey won't survive and get a Thunder Wave off.

113.png

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
We've gone into the Stall Side, with the classic pink blob. Thunder Wave cripples the threats that are faster to this team, taking the pressure off of Metagross and the need for Rock Polish. She pairs really well with Zapdos, Clefable, and Conkeldurr, with the former being able to resist fighting moves, and the former being able to take the odd Stone Edge (I'm looking at you, Landorus-T, Terrakion, and Tyranitar). Soft-Boiled provides for instant recovery. Seismic Toss ensures I'm not Taunt bait, and a guaranteed 25% damage each time isn't bad. I decided to go with dual Heal Bell, because why the hell not? I at least have more of a chance against status abuse, and burns, and other status conditions.

145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
Physically defensive Zapdos is cool, walling Scizor outright which would otherwise give the team a problem. Thunderbolt is the main move, and does a decent amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist or isn't a special wall, and the paralysis chance is always nice. Roost keeps the health up and ensures Zapdos is in the game for awhile. Defog keeps annoying hazards away. Heat Wave is for the Steel-types like Ferrothorn that like to come in and try to set up for some odd reason.

036.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Fire Blast
- Moonlight
Unaware Clefable ensures that if I for some reason let a set up sweeper boost, I'll at least have a form of combat. Moonblast is main STAB and is decent, but the side affect is useless because of Unaware unfortunately. Dual Heal Bell again takes off the pressure of taking off status condition. Fire Blast is for predicting Scizor and taking out other Steel-types that think they can come in on Clefable. Moonlight, as any form of recovery, is important, as it keeps Clefable alive and able to perform its role.​

Export
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Fire Blast
- Moonlight

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Very nice concept of boosting Mega Metagross's both speed and attack via SD BP Celebi and RP :)

I think that Stealth Rock is very important for that team to function as Focus Sash users such as BP Sub Scolipede can ruin your team with passing defense boosts to other teammates.
Obviously Chansey and Clefable are great candidates for this move.
I think that running Wish on Chansey could be very good on that team instead of Heal Bell as you already have it on Clefable and Conk loves to eat Will-oWisp so it is a half status absorber on your team. This gives your Mega Metagross and Conk another chance to sweep or wallbreak. Especially when you consider their bulk- They will be weakened most of the time and rarely OHKO'd. In addition, most opponents would try to attack Chansey with a Fighting move or Psyshock which Metagross resist, enabling you to switch into it easier. Although the opponent could predict that.
Unaware Clefable is extremely good for this team to put pressure on set up sweepers- Especially Mega Gyarados.
Stealth Rock could replace Fire Blast as you already have Heat Wave on Zapdos and Fighting moves on MegaGross and Conk.
Soft-Boiled is much more viable over Moonlight as the metagame is full of Sand teams.
Zapdos is a great addition for the team to handle Skarmory which can use Whirlwind to ruin your set ups.

Last edited:

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Oh look, an Equinox team where KOing is more important than causing ragequits. Looks like Celebi grew on you.

Lack of SR is a major problem for you indeed. It may be a bit of a bold suggestion, but have you considered replacing Clefable? The Unaware set doesn't go well with rocks, and honestly with the bulk and status of the team setting up isn't very easy for your opponent, so adding an Unaware user is a bit of overkill. Then again, without Clefable you're left with a weakness to MegaZards if you don't manage to keep rocks up. Alternatively you could try replacing Conkeldurr with a more offensively oriented SR user like Garchomp or Terrakion (if you believe Ice weakness becomes troublesome) or even Heatran.

Also, I will back up scattered mind concerning Heal Bell. 2 Heal Bell, Natural Cure and Guts aren't really needed. One Heal Bell is always helpful, but two are not necessary, especially if half the team already has no problem with status. Replace HB with Wish or Chansey, and as I said before, you can look into replacing Conkeldurr.

Last edited:

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think you may consider trying Iron Head over Meteor Mash on Metagross. It is only 10 less base power, but it has perfect accuracy and with Metagross' Speed, you may get some flinches. I'm with the others about having 2 Heal Bell users. I'd say to take it off of Chansey to either have Stealth Rock or Wish which would benefit your team more.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
I'd say remove it from Clefable so you can run Wish+Protect instead of Moonlight. You look massively weak to Zard X, so how about replacing Conk with Hippowdon, Quag, Heatran, etc?

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Oh look, an Equinox team where KOing is more important than causing ragequits. Looks like Celebi grew on you.
I tried something different!

Lack of SR is a major problem for you indeed. It may be a bit of a bold suggestion, but have you considered replacing Clefable? The Unaware set doesn't go well with rocks, and honestly with the bulk and status of the team setting up isn't very easy for your opponent, so adding an Unaware user is a bit of overkill. Then again, without Clefable you're left with a weakness to MegaZards if you don't manage to keep rocks up. Alternatively you could try replacing Conkeldurr with a more offensively oriented SR user like Garchomp or Terrakion (if you believe Ice weakness becomes troublesome) or even Heatran.
Hmm I'll try replacing Conkeldurr with one of the two (probably Garchomp) and see what happens. I'd rather not take out Clefable, but if I do it'll be for Quagsire, because so far, I can't do too much to ground-types (mainly Landorus-T and Gliscor) as it is besides Conkeldurr's Ice Punch.

Also, I will back up scattered mind concerning Heal Bell. 2 Heal Bell, Natural Cure and Guts aren't really needed. One Heal Bell is always helpful, but two are not necessary, especially if half the team already has no problem with status. Replace HB with Wish or Chansey, and as I said before, you can look into replacing Conkeldurr.
Yeah I'm trying out a Chansey set of Soft-Boiled / Seismic Toss / Wish / Protect right now. Conkeldurr isn't bad at all, I especially like the status boost after receiving a BP boost.

Very nice concept of boosting Mega Metagross's both speed and attack via SD BP Celebi and RP :)

I think that Stealth Rock is very important for that team to function as Focus Sash users such as BP Sub Scolipede can ruin your team with passing defense boosts to other teammates.
Obviously Chansey and Clefable are great candidates for this move.
I think that running Wish on Chansey could be very good on that team instead of Heal Bell as you already have it on Clefable and Conk loves to eat Will-oWisp so it is a half status absorber on your team. This gives your Mega Metagross and Conk another chance to sweep or wallbreak. Especially when you consider their bulk- They will be weakened most of the time and rarely OHKO'd. In addition, most opponents would try to attack Chansey with a Fighting move or Psyshock which Metagross resist, enabling you to switch into it easier. Although the opponent could predict that.
Unaware Clefable is extremely good for this team to put pressure on set up sweepers- Especially Mega Gyarados.
Stealth Rock could replace Fire Blast as you already have Heat Wave on Zapdos and Fighting moves on MegaGross and Conk.
Soft-Boiled is much more viable over Moonlight as the metagame is full of Sand teams.
Zapdos is a great addition for the team to handle Skarmory which can use Whirlwind to ruin your set ups.
Yeah I'm running Wish on Chansey right now, it's decent. I might keep Fire Blast on Clefable because I find Scizor to be an issue whenever Zapdos goes down, however, I'm finding Talonflame to be a bit of a problem actually, as my best answer Zapdos doesn't resist Flare Blitz unfortunately. Also Soft-Boiled is incompatible with Unaware.

So far I've peaked at 1452

Last edited: