• nah

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • tiers are for queers

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers - Post if you want to stay a member - Discussing Meta Knight

Funny, last time I played jirachinick he was a scrub using Thunder spam... :p Not kidding, but this must of been in like January before he died. :3

lol, this was. I've improved a lot over the year(though Thunder spam is used once in a blue moon when the situation calls for it)
@TFO: Why is it, after I played you, I started using Ganon

I hope I'm still in the group (I'm back from vacation).
I find MK incredibly easy to use, even though I am ridiculously bad at every character but sonic :(

meta knight is epic. I like to pin my opponent on the edge and use my side special.

I don't really like Meta Knight. It has little blow back, and is pretty light. Although he has Quick Hits and stuff, he just dosen't suit me.

RE: The Smashers - Post if you want to stay a member - Discussing tiers

The Fallen One said:
Gimp is when you hit someone with a move while they're offstage that will make it either harder to recover, or will stop them from recovering completely. This is different from a spike, however. I already explained DACUS and desynching earlier in this thread so just look back a few posts.

I'M SOOO GOOD AT READING PAST POSTS!

Anyway, yeah, I've never been great with Meta Knight, but I can see how he would be a good character. My friend who had never played Brawl before beat me, LORDY JONES, and Vulpix Yolk with Meta Knight, but I guess that's probably more of a show of how bad we are :p

Meta Knight is a jerk. That's pretty much all there is to it

new poll \o/

Meta Knight: Not as annoying as Pikachu. Every now and then, though, I like to fly around as MK. :3

I think Meta Knight is an easy character to use. He is very good for multiple things like speed.

meta knight= th3 sux0rz

Seriously, I hate this guy. Especially when they just nado spam you to death then u-air spam and f-smash to kill you =p

The poll gives me an idea. If the poll shows that Meta Knight is too good for tournaments as a unanimous decision of our group, he will be banned from tournaments.

Carry on with discussion please. Reminder than if you don't post by Wednesday 11:59pm, you will re removed from the clan member list.

He shouldn't be banned from tournaments, and here's why. Does anyone on the team know how to use him to the point where he's even NEAR full strength? I don't, and I don't believe anyone else does, more importantly, I think Meta Knight is beatable at full potential(as long as invisible cape glitch is banned) Though the reasons he can't be beat work against the tough people, I actually believe the characters who will beat him are the lower tiers(Ganondorf)

I agree completely Meta Knight is defeatable but it's kinda hard if that invisible cape glitch isn't banned

jirachinick said:
He shouldn't be banned from tournaments, and here's why. Does anyone on the team know how to use him to the point where he's even NEAR full strength? I don't, and I don't believe anyone else does, more importantly, I think Meta Knight is beatable at full potential(as long as invisible cape glitch is banned) Though the reasons he can't be beat work against the tough people, I actually believe the characters who will beat him are the lower tiers(Ganondorf)

Yeah right. The only characters that can consistently give MK a headache are Snake and the Ice Climbers. Good luck winning with Ganondorf, it's kind of hard to surmount a 10/90 matchup.

Well, Snake and Ice Climbers obviously can hurt Meta Knight, but here's the biggest problem with Meta Knight. He's to fast, good combos, and to hard to combo against. Now, what if you try killing Meta Knight using full out 1-2 power hits, by taking attacks, and at the right moment, getting a powerful move. This is why Snake has a chance against Meta Knight. I was thinking Ganondorf would work well for this, but then I remembered, that Ganon is to slow to hit Meta with anything

Meta Knight is beatable, like everyone else said, and like TFO pointed out, it helps to have a character with a good matchup.

jirachinick said:
Well, Snake and Ice Climbers obviously can hurt Meta Knight, but here's the biggest problem with Meta Knight. He's to fast, good combos, and to hard to combo against. Now, what if you try killing Meta Knight using full out 1-2 power hits, by taking attacks, and at the right moment, getting a powerful move. This is why Snake has a chance against Meta Knight. I was thinking Ganondorf would work well for this, but then I remembered, that Ganon is to slow to hit Meta with anything

No, Snake has a chance against Meta Knight because Snake is ridiculously strong, has absotively nutso freakish reach on all his moves, which in turn have crazy knockback, and has trouble with the concept of losing a stock.

Ganondorf has Snake's strength*, but that's it. He has zero mobility, a terrible recovery, and if you let Meta Knight kick you around until you "see an opening," you're gonna lose.

* - Ganondorf's strength is so high that it can't be accurately measured by any sort of number, whether it be real or imaginary, but for the purposes of programming the game, Sakurai gave Ganondorf a high level of strength as homage.

True, I just forgot the reason why Meta Knight is beatable :p so I made up a reason and wanted to see what people would say, and know I know

RE: The Smashers - Discussing Meta Knight

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Front Post has been edited. Hopefully it looks more organized. Let me know how I can make it better.

If your friend code is listed as TBD, please PM it to me. Thanks.

RE: The Smashers - Discussing Meta Knight

Bippa201 said:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Front Post has been edited. Hopefully it looks more organized. Let me know how I can make it better.

If your friend code is listed as TBD, please PM it to me. Thanks.

My internet for the wii is down so when I get it fixed I'll definitely PM you. Does anyone know when Project Melee'll come out? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back