The Rules Consistency Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
you only see us complaining. Look @ the list of professors banned from hosting leagues and tournaments.. Then google their names, odds are you will find their myspace, or facebook along with a journal entry or note detailing how/why they got barred. Usually, it's for complaining about the rules, or the way they handle things like, well, complaining.

some of them even have lifetime bans. I've even seen people barred from competitive play for exactly what I am doing now with this post.

pokémon USA is essentially a PR company as stated before. They essentially just rerelease what is done in Japan and so people complaining about what they do = bad press. So, they ban them and then there is a feeling of "oh, they're just complaining because they're banned" which in the recent psyduck incident, is true. But in this case, would not.

here's hoping I can still play @ regionals after this post. 100% serious about p!p banning people for saying what I've been saying in this thread.

Apache, no, the pokemon trading card game is a game. We, the players, are the only ones on the gaming table doing anything. If they don't respond to us, less product gets sold, their reputation suffers, and business slowly degrades. Or, like happened with a lot of tabletop wargames, an independent group takes over rules maintenance entirely, and you end up with private errata and a slightly different, but more complete, rulebook.

I'd really like to see P!P just man up and solve this problem instead of responding to support calls with force. If you look at how other gaming circles talk about P!P, it's a laughingstock. News trickles down from ex players, gaming sites and industry zines, and parents of pokemon kids, and everybody gets a good chuckle. Even Games Workshop fanboys, which given that they're the poster child for poor rules development and have been for THIRTY YEARS, that's bad. :p

Kittymew said:
Apache, no, the pokemon trading card game is a game. We, the players, are the only ones on the gaming table doing anything. If they don't respond to us, less product gets sold, their reputation suffers, and business slowly degrades. Or, like happened with a lot of tabletop wargames, an independent group takes over rules maintenance entirely, and you end up with private errata and a slightly different, but more complete, rulebook.

I'd really like to see P!P just man up and solve this problem instead of responding to support calls with force. If you look at how other gaming circles talk about P!P, it's a laughingstock. News trickles down from ex players, gaming sites and industry zines, and parents of pokemon kids, and everybody gets a good chuckle. Even Games Workshop fanboys, which given that they're the poster child for poor rules development and have been for THIRTY YEARS, that's bad. :p

Well, that's fine. You play by your own rules, and if we ever get paired we will see who the event organizers and staff side with. Also, it has been said multiple times that the Competitive Playerbase does not constitute a large marketshare of the firsthand sales. Most players buy singles and wholesale to save money. The money is from the millions of kids who think energy is a boring card and will throw away DCEs.

Ugh. You're such a good troll.

This topic was so promising up until the point it downgraded into outright flaming. Then I stopped paying attention to it because very little intelligence or new material could end up coming of it. (I'm not saying it's void of intelligence, but I am saying that the topic content is steadily dwindling.)

Really, guys? Really?

Good job ruining this thread, it had great potential. I'll see no more bashing on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back