Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
Writer's Corner Rules and Guidelines

I would like to update my critic form to:

Critic: Morsus

Contacting Methods: Private Message - Profile Comment - mIRC

Days Available: Monday to Sunday

Hours Available: 3:00 PM MST to 8:30 PM MST

Genres Covered: Thriller, Angst, Dystopia, Science Fiction, Mystery, Action, Horror, Myth, Fantasy, Historical Fiction

Areas Covered: Dialogue, Plot Flow, Plot Sequencing, Character Development, Character Creation, Description, Story Outlining/Planning

Done. ~IA

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
Updated critic form.
Critic: [member]Prometheus[/member]
Contact Methods: Private Message - Profile Comment
Days Available: Monday to Friday
Hours Available: 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Genres Covered: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery, Thriller
Areas Covered: Character Creation and Development, Plot, Subplot, Conflict, Dialogue, Description

Done! ~Turtwig

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
woohoo962 said:
Can we do writing about Pokemon?

Definitely! I myself have written solely about Pokemon; there are actually very few stories not about Pokemon. We have several Pokemon contests and games dedicated to it as well :D Stay tuned for tomorrow because our latest project will be coming out!

Terra Force

WarGreymon FTW!
Apologies for bumping, but I need some clarification:

I'm in the midst of writing an origin story for one of my characters, who ends up being found and raised by a pride of Pyroar and Litleo, some time after the pride has had a successful hunt. Would it be considered PG-13 to describe the hunt in its entirety, including the aftermath? I was thinking I should tone it down to an extent, but then again I want it to be as much like a nature documentary as is allowed on here.

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Apologies for bumping, but I need some clarification:

I'm in the midst of writing an origin story for one of my characters, who ends up being found and raised by a pride of Pyroar and Litleo, some time after the pride has had a successful hunt. Would it be considered PG-13 to describe the hunt in its entirety, including the aftermath? I was thinking I should tone it down to an extent, but then again I want it to be as much like a nature documentary as is allowed on here.

It's difficult to rule one way or the other without actually seeing the passage in question. I'd suggest sending the passage to the moderation team and we can rule if it it's within the boundaries or if it needs to be toned down before posting it publicly.

Terra Force

WarGreymon FTW!
Redoing my previous story, using a bit more inspiration from various works by Rudyard Kipling, primarily The Jungle Books.

The protagonist will be still be a human boy raised by a pride of Litleo and Pyroar.

The equivalent to Shere Khan will be a Krookodile named Temujin, but unlike his feline counterpart, Temujin prefers more challenging prey.

Trying to include some 7th gen Pokémon in the new version (including a Gumshoos who will be a minor antagonist who is obsessed with treasure, and a Salazzle who uses her pheromones to get what she wants, but it won't affect our protagonist since he's human)

And before you ask, the Gumshoos will be a soft-core parody of a certain someone (but I'll try not to have him be too obvious). And the treasure he wants most is a mysterious orb that apparently "controls the minds of other Pokémon". (obviously some prototype of a Poké Ball).

EDIT: I am re-writing the first chapter as we speak, and I'm wondering how I should depict the females of the pride during/after a successful Zebstrika hunt to be as much like a nature documentary as possible but still be within reason for this forum's rule's sake. I'll try my best to tone it down.

Last edited: