• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Return of Big Basics/Garb

momand

Aspiring Trainer
3x Buzzwole GX
3x Trubbish BKP
2x Garbodor BKP
1x Garbodor GRI
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Drampa GX
1x Tapu Koko PR
1x Hoopa SHL

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
4x Guzma
2x Skyla
2x Brigette
1x Lillie

4x Ultra Ball
3x Float Stone
2x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Choice Band
1x Special Charge
1x Heavy Ball

2x Po Town

4x Strong Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x DCE

r8 my list

I r8 your list 8/10. I feel like Acerola can be good here. Pick up Buzzwole and slap him right down. Also needs Basic energy. You dont want to lose to Xurkitree ._.

EDIT: Realization of garb .-.

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
I actually like your list. Buzzwole GX does need competitive play but I'm surprised nobody realized the 190( with a max 270) damage! I also agree with mixing this with ability lock Garb. The only threat I can think of Is Xurkitree, but your ability lock does wonders towards countering it. I like the use of Non meta cards infused within a great competitive deck!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
How much testing have you done with this? Balancing out your energies seems tough to handle, especially when you have one that can only be attached to Buzzwole.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
How much testing have you done with this? Balancing out your energies seems tough to handle, especially when you have one that can only be attached to Buzzwole.
I wouldn't say that this is a good list to be completely honest with you (more of the gimmick with Landorus-EX pretty much being reprinted), and no I haven't done much testing.
I'm honestly going more towards Buzzwole/Zygarde/Garb for a Buzzwole list, since it seems more consistent.

triplemo

Aspiring Trainer
3x Buzzwole GX
3x Trubbish BKP
2x Garbodor BKP
1x Garbodor GRI
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Drampa GX
1x Tapu Koko PR
1x Hoopa SHL

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
4x Guzma
2x Skyla
2x Brigette
1x Lillie

4x Ultra Ball
3x Float Stone
2x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Choice Band
1x Special Charge
1x Heavy Ball

2x Po Town

4x Strong Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x DCE

r8 my list
I would change the following:
-2 guzma
-2 skyla
-1 lilie
-2 choice band
- 1 heavy ball
+3 FFB
+2 po town
+ 3 acerola

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I am a former Big Basics with Garbodor deck player; so, when I saw that Landorus EX (one of my all-time favorite Pokémon) was going to be released in the form of Buzzwole GX, I had to build a Buzzwole-Garbodor deck.

@TSA123 - what is your deck strategy? This is important to know since follow-on comments will take that under consideration. In my case, I intend to Jet Punch my opponent's "strategic" Pokémon as long as I need to and then devolve my opponent's Staged Pokémon for multiple (hopefully) prizes. So, I run Espeon EX.

Lusamine is also another good card to use too in order to recover discarded Stadium(s) and/or Supporter(s). By incorporating this Supporter, you could drop a Guzma and a Skyla.

Further, IMO, the Hoopa is not that effective since so many players run 3 Guzma; so, your opponents will just Guzma around your potential "wall."

Why no Acerola or Max Potion?

Lastly, I prefer Fighting Fury Belts to Choice Bands. Thoughts?

Last edited: