The Recent Rise in TCG Prices?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
omahanime said:
You did not mention that some Japanese cards are never released in English.

Yes I did. :p

Athena said:
There are also some Japanese cards, usually promos, that don't get translated into English at all.

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
The quality made me go all 'WAAAANT'. They're cheaper, pull rates are better and now a box is actually affordable for me! I also like everything Japanese, so I wonder why it took me so long to start collecting Japanese cards.

I might sell some of my English stuff, but most of them are pretty damaged.

JungleBeatz

Financial Genius
If I could play Japanese cards I would.

Better Quality
Cheaper Prices
Access to all cards

In a time long ago, that was so. Then they said X amount are allowed to be foreign. Then X were allowed to be Japanese. Now finally its only English Cards are played in the United States

Hell my deck would be entirely Japanese just for "Swag" purposes :shy:

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
bagoly14 said:
TheTPCProductionz said:
I have decided, to stop collecting English cards.

Welcome to the club. Just the other day I decided I would sell off my whole English collection this summer since I never look at it or manage it and just plain and simple don't want it anymore.

English cards are boring, it just doesn't seem like they care well we know they don't.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
Actually Japanese cards are more expensive once you get seriously collecting, especially if you go towards any PSA card collecting. Trophy cards go for almost 5 figures and there are many exclusive prize cards and promos that are expensive as well.

Modern collecting is less expensive for Japanese for the most part though due to cheap booster box prices and high resale value.

TheTPCProductionz said:
English cards are boring, it just doesn't seem like they care well we know they don't.

I personally HATE the yellow bordering around English cards. I prefer the gunmetal grey border of Japanese cards much more. It's why I liked the ex series English ex cards and hated everything else.

JasonRox

Aspiring Trainer
I spent a long time studying Chinese, and I can't imagine wanting to learn another language just so I can save a few bucks on Japanese Cards.

And if you can't read what the card says and need to get translation, that seems boring to me.

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
I don't need to know what's on the card, I just look at the art for hours xD

I really dislike it when people don't really look at the common cards, just because they're commons. I just look at the art and some art for the commons is really good.

adam44

Aspiring Trainer
bagoly14 said:
I personally HATE the yellow bordering around English cards. I prefer the gunmetal grey border of Japanese cards much more. It's why I liked the ex series English ex cards and hated everything else.
I'm kinda like the the other way around, I like the yellow border and I think the grey border look wierd, might be because I've grown up with the yellow border and I like the nostalgic feeling I get with the yellow border.

Riraito said:
I really dislike it when people don't really look at the common cards, just because they're commons. I just look at the art and some art for the commons is really good.
I totally agree with you on this one!
The art is one of the reasons I collect pokemon cards :D