Writing The race for Eible

Nitro

Shiny Charm :)
Hey I have been writing a story and I want to share it here.

Title: The race for Eible
Chapter 1:
I was walking along the concrete path through the middle of the school oval. My bag strapped on my back, I was trying to catch up to my friends. The School bell rung. The ring was somehow too loud. I realised something. Something was going to happen. Like something apocalyptic. I have never felt this before. But it happened all of a sudden. As I was walking to my classroom, I was thinking all about these things. I opened the bulgy door. I grunted as I pushed the rusted door open.

“Oh, hello!” our substitute teacher said to me. “You must be Adrian. You seem like a nice person, especially being the first student here” the teacher spoke in the sweetest voice. The teacher was wearing a black skirt, white top and red bow in her long black hair. I must admit, she looked like a wonderful teacher. All of a sudden, my best friend bust through the door panting and gasping. He looked up and saw the teacher. His dripping red face looked up in a dazzled way. “Hello there!” the woman said.
“Why are you so sweaty mate?” I asked Ben.
“Been playing too much touch football today” he replied.
“Oh” I replied.
“But we won” he said in an excited voice.

A few minutes later, the class burst through the door. “Please take a seat” the woman said. The class settled down after a bit and all the students sat down. “Hi, my name is Miss Dover and I am here to replace your normal teacher, Mr. Gordon” she said. “He had to go to an appointment for one of his sons”. “Today he asked me to talk about the mind and the universe”.
“Wow, that is a coincidence” I mumbled to myself.
“Huh?” Ben asked.
“Oh, nothing” I replied.
“Quiet down the back” said Miss Dover. “Ok, we might start with the mind”. “The mind is what tells you what you are doing and what you are thinking. This also tells you to pay attention or when you feel emotion. There are many theories surrounding the mind” Miss Dover explained. From that point on, my mind drifted off on the other topic. “Adrian, what does the mind tell you to do?” she asked.
“Err” I slurred.
I looked around for anything that might help me. Nothing.

Then out of the blue, my mind turned into stars and pictures of galaxies roamed around my mind. A little blue portal with stars twinkling formed a little silver device formed in front of my eyes. I was in amazement.
In my mind, I could hear voices whispering "give it back, give back the Eidle Cube. Earthlings stole it". Stole what? The device was given to me. And in no way did it look like a cube. I checked around the device and there were no buttons to be found.
I turned to the person next to me and asked “do you see anything in front of me?”
“Yeah just Tason Stanford” replied the person. What was happening?
“Your answer please, Adrian” said Miss Dover. All of a sudden, the device opened up and a projection of a figure.
“To give emotions and pay attention” the figure said.
I said what the figure said.

“Your mind should be paying attention” said the teacher. A few girls giggled. Among them was Caitlyn Grations, the love of my life. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and lovely, long brown hair. I don’t think we will ever be together but I did hear some of their group talking about me. The bell started ringing. “Ok, everyone but Adrian Noclen can go”
“You’re in trouble” said Caitlyn in a mocking voice as she walked out the door. But I saw her face. I think I have a chance. Once everyone was out, Miss Dover asked me to close the door.
“Ok, Mr. Gordon told me you were a good student. You are not acting like one” Miss Dover said.
“My deepest sorrow” I replied.
“That was a well said statement” she said.
“I was having an off day” I said.
“Well, what is bothering you” asked Miss Dover.
I looked at the device. It opened and the same figure appeared. I looked very closely and the figure was an exact copy of me!
“Don’t tell anyone about me or else” said the figure. I gave him a look to say ‘I won’t’
“Adrian!” yelled the teacher.
“Sorry” I replied. “Ouch, my head hurts!” I screamed. It didn’t hurt in reality. I was using this to tell a lie so I can talk to my ‘doppelganger’.
“Are you ok” asked Miss Dover.
“Yes, I am fine now” I replied. “Is that what’s bothering you?” I would
“Yes, and it is better now” I replied. I can’t believe I just lied to the teacher. I would never do that, especially to a substitute teacher. But I had to. I had absolutely no choice.
“Are you completely sure that you don’t need to go to sick bay?” she asked.
“Yes, Yes” I replied.
“Ok, because I just wanted to ask if you could carry something from the sport shed for PE to this classroom at break two?” she asked.
“Yes, I will” I replied. Is she blind!? She asks me to do a favor and I just faked a big headache. I had my suspicions.
“That will be all” she said. She addressed me and let me leave.

But like I stated, I have my suspicions. So I slid right next to the door and peeked in. Miss Dover lifted her hair and a small speaker of some sort was revealed. I knew my instinct was right. She started a conversation of some sort. “I think he might be the one we are looking for. His last name is Noclen and keeps staring into nothing. I assigned him a task which is in the position the Eible Cube or a.k.a The Eible meteor will hit him. We have to keep him and the Noclen Empire away” she said to the head piece. Noclen Empire! All of a sudden, the device in my pocket started vibrating. Miss Dover heard it so I dashed to the playground.

You need to double space the paragraphs, it should look like this

You said:
I was walking along the concrete path through the middle of the school oval. My bag strapped on my back, I was trying to catch up to my friends. The School bell rung. The ring was somehow too loud. I realised something. Something was going to happen. Like something apocalyptic. I have never felt this before. But it happened all of a sudden. As I was walking to my classroom, I was thinking all about these things. I opened the bulgy door. I grunted as I pushed the rusted door open.

“Oh, hello!” our substitute teacher said to me. “You must be Adrian. You seem like a nice person, especially being the first student here” the teacher spoke in the sweetest voice. The teacher was wearing a black skirt, white top and red bow in her long black hair. I must admit, she looked like a wonderful teacher. All of a sudden, my best friend bust through the door panting and gasping. He looked up and saw the teacher. His dripping red face looked up in a dazzled way. “Hello there!” the woman said.
“Oh” I replied.

A few minutes later, the class burst through the door. “Please take a seat” the woman said. The class settled down after a bit and all the students sat down. “Hi, my name is Miss Dover and I am here to replace your normal teacher, Mr. Gordon” she said. “He had to go to an appointment for one of his sons”. “Today he asked me to talk about the mind and the universe”.
“Huh?” Ben asked.
“Oh, nothing” I replied.
“Quiet down the back” said Miss Dover. “Ok, we might start with the mind”. “The mind is what tells you what you are doing and what you are thinking. This also tells you to pay attention or when you feel emotion. There are many theories surrounding the mind” Miss Dover explained. From that point on, my mind drifted off on the other topic. “Adrian, what does the mind tell you to do?” she asked.
“Err” I slurred.

Then out of the blue, my mind turned into stars and pictures of galaxies roamed around my mind. A little blue portal with stars twinkling formed a little silver device formed in front of my eyes. I was in amazement.
In my mind, I could hear voices whispering "give it back, give back the Eidle Cube. Earthlings stole it". Stole what? The device was given to me. And in no way did it look like a cube. I checked around the device and there were no buttons to be found.
I turned to the person next to me and asked “do you see anything in front of me?”
“Your answer please, Adrian” said Miss Dover. All of a sudden, the device opened up and a projection of a figure.

“Your mind should be paying attention” said the teacher. A few girls giggled. Among them was Caitlyn Grations, the love of my life. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and lovely, long brown hair. I don’t think we will ever be together but I did hear some of their group talking about me. The bell started ringing. “Ok, everyone but Adrian Noclen can go”
“You’re in trouble” said Caitlyn in a mocking voice as she walked out the door. But I saw her face. I think I have a chance. Once everyone was out, Miss Dover asked me to close the door.
“Ok, Mr. Gordon told me you were a good student. You are not acting like one” Miss Dover said.
I looked at the device. It opened and the same figure appeared. I looked very closely and the figure was an exact copy of me!
“Don’t tell anyone about me or else” said the figure. I gave him a look to say ‘I won’t’
“Sorry” I replied. “Ouch, my head hurts!” I screamed. It didn’t hurt in reality. I was using this to tell a lie so I can talk to my ‘doppelganger’.
“Yes, and it is better now” I replied. I can’t believe I just lied to the teacher. I would never do that, especially to a substitute teacher. But I had to. I had absolutely no choice.
“Yes, Yes” I replied.
“Ok, because I just wanted to ask if you could carry something from the sport shed for PE to this classroom at break two?” she asked.
“Yes, I will” I replied. Is she blind!? She asks me to do a favor and I just faked a big headache. I had my suspicions.

But like I stated, I have my suspicions. So I slid right next to the door and peeked in. Miss Dover lifted her hair and a small speaker of some sort was revealed. I knew my instinct was right. She started a conversation of some sort. “I think he might be the one we are looking for. His last name is Noclen and keeps staring into nothing. I assigned him a task which is in the position the Eible Cube or a.k.a The Eible meteor will hit him. We have to keep him and the Noclen Empire away” she said to the head piece. Noclen Empire! All of a sudden, the device in my pocket started vibrating. Miss Dover heard it so I dashed to the playground.

Double Spaced said:

“Oh” I replied.

“Huh?” Ben asked.
“Oh, nothing” I replied.
“Err” I slurred.

“Yes, Yes” I replied.

MrGatr, dialogue lines are paragraphs too. There should be a new line every time the current speaker becomes someone else.

It looks like you have a nice start here. There's obviously some mistakes (like the spacing every time there is a new speaker), so let me see how I can fix them.

mpain0 said:
I was walking along the concrete path through the middle of the school oval. My bag strapped on my back, I was trying to catch up to my friends. The School bell rung. The ring was somehow too loud. I realized something. Something was going to happen. Like something apocalyptic nice vocab.!. I have never felt this before. But it happened all of a sudden. As I was walking to my classroom, I was thinking all about these things. I opened the bulgy door. I grunted as I pushed the rusted door open.

First off, this intro paragraph is definitely tense, but I want to see more of it. Something like heavy breathing, or sweat dripping, something that shows the fear that is building up. I also enjoy that this a first-person perspective in the beginning, so it really gives you an idea of the thoughts of one person, which can be easy to follow, but be careful about how you use first-person (I'm not saying it is wrong in any way; just make sure you don't involve the FPP too much).

mpain0 said:
“Yeah, just Tason Stanford,” replied the person. What was happening?
“Your answer please, Adrian,” said Miss Dover. All of a sudden, the device opened up and a projection of a figure and a projection of a figure what? No verb here..

This paragraph confuses me, but in a good way. It makes me want to read more. Why is the narrator repeating what the projection says? Is this something I have to read the rest of the story to find out about? Do I have to read the whole chapter? Those are questions you want your readers to think about, and you did an excellent job at that.

I see lots of grammar/spelling mistakes, and I might get to the first chapter later, but I have to go now, so please take those suggestions I made into consideration, and hope this story continues.

Thanks for all the replies! @Yoshidude10, Thanks for the advice on how to build up the tension. I will edit it and add chapter 2 soon.

@Zy
I didn't notice that :'(
*MrGatr goes back to English school

@The Story
It is pretty good, the tension does need some working though

Other than what Yoshi did, I don't see anything else, correct me if I'm wrong.

Back