The Pokedex Fakeing Project

Thanks SZ, I'll be sure to fix that soon. I have decided on the next Pokemon* in the set: Spiritomb! I've added his spoiler to the list, and I'll actually be using my own artwork for a change. I think I'll just devote today to working on the artwork and adding more spoilers.
EDIT: It took me all day, but I finally finished the Spiritomb* artwork. Click here to go see it.
EDIT2: Spiritomb's card is finished, go check it out!

Thanks David :)

If anyone has, or knows of a tutorial on how to fake DP cards, PLEASE let me know. I wanted most of the cards in the set to be DP style, but I can't find a tutorial anywhere. If I can't find one soon, I might just do them using EX series blanks. Thanks to anyone who can help.

P.S. I fixed SZ's watermark on Scizor*

On Spiritomb I would suggest not holoing the blue area, only the purple, it looks a little busy. And one more thing, you can't see the swirl in his eye clearly, lighten up the shadow.

As for the Tutoring/Tutorials I have no idea, but it is alway your best bet to just scale down/up an actual D/P card and the alingments on that will be perfect. I would suggest to take the time in this process to figure it out because the D?P scans will most likely be more excepted in general. Anyway, good work, all of your cards a very cleanly done.

thanks sz. I've tried a dp card, the alignment part is going smoothly, it's really just the font for the flavor text that I need now. I wont be able to do much anyway, because my pc is down at the moment. oh well :(

I added Bulbasaur, my first DP style card. Take a look and tell me what you guys think. I know it's not 100% accurate, but I think it's pretty close.

My ratings-
Deoxys (all)- 5 points. They didn't strike me as, well... interesting.
Bulbasaur-9 points. What is the thing on it's head?
Ho-oh/Lugia EX- 7 points. Again, it looks kind of simple.
Scizor*- 8 points. Great job. The red shadow confused me for a moment.

looks good!!!

It is a bandage? (lol)

q: Are you going to redo them all D/P style while there are still only a couple to redo? Also, how will you redo a * DP style?

And could you PM me a link to where you got thse scans? Plz n' thankyou!

Yup, it's a band-aid on his head lol. *Sends link to DP Blanks* No, I'm not going to redo all of them, as I want it to be a mixed bag of cards, not necessarily a set so to speak.

Are you going to continue to use Ex blanks or will everything from now on be DP?

DP cards are upside down looking to me....I wonder why Nintendo shifted so many items like he illustrators position...of course they did it last time :p too...

I'm not quite sure, it'd be easier of course to use the ex blanks though.

Back