• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Perfect Counter Attack (Aromatisse / EX Toolbox)

Chipadat

Garchomp Lover
Pokemon:16

• 3 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse XY
    2 Mewtwo EX
    1 Suicune PLB
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Seismitoad EX
    1 Manectric EX
    1 Charizard EX (Coubustion Blast)
    1 Virizion EX
    1 Xerneas EX
    1 Kyurem EX PLB
    1 Hawlucha EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 3 Max Potion
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Muscle Band
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Town Map
    1 Dowsing Machine
    4 N
    3 Professor Juniper
    3 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    4 Fairy Garden
Energy: 11

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    5 Fairy Energy
    2 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
This deck may look super complicated, but it's straightforward. It's a deck to counter all other decks in the meta game but in a form of EX Toolbox. Aromatisse moves fairy and rainbow energy to any of the main attackers to power them up. Suicune is to stall, Keldeo is to rush in if needed, and Mewtwo is an emergency attacker and good to counter too. Seismitoad is good in general and can counter mainly counters decks that rely on items. Here's where it get's complicated.

Manectric EX- counters Yveltal EX and soon to be Mega Rayquaza EX (If Altaria isn't out)

Charizard EX- counters Virizion/Genesect

Virizion EX- to obviously heal special conditions

Kyurem EX- counters Landorus EX

Hawlucha EX- counters Manectric EX

Xerneas EX- Just in case

And I need a good counter for Seismitoad EX, any suggestions?

RE: The Perfect Counter Attack (Aromatisse/EX Toolbox)

I would add a Tropius. It's good against Siesmotoad EX and the Primals and can get you out of dead hand at times.
and the answer to your question is Yes

Good, thanks, Tropius would work, but Seismitoad decks usually only have a DCE on them and that hits for 120 with weakness, muscle band 160, I'm twenty short, should I run silver bangle, or would that be a waste.

I /guess/ the Map and the Ash could be useful at times... IDK. Maybe Trump Card for the latter?

-1 Kyurem-EX (Why use an EX when the baby version uses 1 prize and is actually really good?)
-1 Mewtwo-EX (I don't think you need 2 if you consider your strat is to hit for weakness)
-1 Suicune PLB (IDK, I think you can use this space much better)
-1 Hawlucha-EX (Waaaaaaay too low HP for an attacking EX. Try Lucario-EX, Lando-EX, Hawlucha baby or Lando baby)
-1 Xerneas-EX (I think a normal Xerneas may be better to hit for Dragon weakness)
-2 Fan Club (You rarely want to use Fan Club, as it takes up your supporter for the turn, which is much better as a Sycamore for the cards)
-1 Colress (You don't want to start with him on Turn 1, or you probably will fall behind lethally)
-1 Lysandre (2 is a bit too much, IMO, especially if you run Town Map to get it out of the Prizes when necessary)
-1 Dowsing Machine (I'd say Computer Search is better in this deck so it is more versatile)
-1 Sacred Ash (Less useful compared to Trump Card)
-1 Fairy Garden (4? Way too much.)
-2 DCE (It can't move via Aromatisse, and only 3 of your attackers - Toad and Mewtwo - actually use it efficiently)

+3 Xerneas (You /need/ that energy in the early game, and therefore you need Xerneas)
+1 Tropius (Best counter for Toad ATM, I guess)
+1 Kyurem PLF (As stated above)
+1 One of the fighting guys (As stated above)
+2 Ultra Ball (Consistency)
+1 Skyla (I would consider one of these)
+1 VS Seeker (Consistency)
+1 Muscle Band/Bangle (You've got no way to retrieve this; I suggest 3 in any deck anyway).
+1 Trump Card (Better than the Ashes IMO)
+2 Fairy Energy (Replace the DCE with more useful energy)

Definitely play Trump Card over Sacred Ash. It does the same thing, but better. I don't like the "it helps your opponent" argument because if it helps your opponent more than it helps you, then just don't play it.

WOW, that's a lot of info. I actually was thinking about a normal Hawlucha and Xerneas but still wasn't 100% sure. I do agree about a lot of it, but I'm still not sure about the Tropius. It still can't OHKO Seismitoad EX with muscle band, I need silver bangle. Should I do 3 silver bangle instead of 3 muscle band?

I definitely, do agree that Trump Card is Better, I'll run it.

2 Mewtwo EX - Appreciates Band
1 Suicune PLB - Appreciates Band/Bangle
1 Keldeo EX - N/A
1 Seismitoad EX - Appreciates Band
1 Manectric EX - Appreciates Band to 1-hit KO Baby Yveltal
1 Charizard EX (Coubustion Blast) - Appreciate Band to 1-hit KO 170-HP EXs
1 Virizion EX - N/A
1 Xerneas EX/Xerneas - Doesn't really matter
1 Kyurem PLF - Appreciates Band/Bangle
1 Tropius - Appreciates Band/Bangle
1 Hawlucha FUF - Appreciates Bangle
Most of your EXs need an Band to function properly, so I recommend keeping 2 of them. If you really need another bangle, you could add another, but in reality, Toad will have locked you out of bands/bangles in the first place.

I also forgot to add the Computer Search in my suggestions; I'm wondering -1 Toad-EX +1 Computer Search might be good since you've already got Kyurem for [W] weakness, and if you want quick KOs I wouldn't use Toad. IDK, though, cause Toad can be useful in many situations.

What about the dowsing machine? I'm going to hold on to the Toad and switch the ACE SPEC's. I guess I could do 2 band and 1 bangle.

Computer Search is simply much more versatile than Dowsing Machine - especially with Trump Card; I personally would find Dowsing Machine only especially useful for Max Potions, which I would Trump back from the Discard anyway.

I'd like one more suggestion, should I try to play this at the Regional Championships, or is it too risky? If not I was going to play Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad.

Considering there is likely going to be a lot of Seismitoad and you don't really have a good counter to it, I'd say the deck could be too risky. Yveltal/Garb/Toad is much more 'solid' as matchups go. I personally suggest use the deck that you're more familiar with, but I think Yveltal/Garb/Toad will get better results compared to a Fairy Toolbox.

I would drop the Hawlucha EX for a different fighing EX like Landorus EX, or Lucario EX. Both would require less energy and both are harder to knock out.

Hey! I am also running a version of fairy toolbox, I find that "the toad" is one of the weaker match ups against the deck (well my deck) i found that i relied on supporters more than items, i found adding malamar into my deck was a very good call, as it potentially disabled my opponent for a turn, i would add in suicune as it really does prove its self against landerous EX.

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I was out of town for the weekend:(

I never thought about Malamar, it sounds like a terrific idea but I'm not entirely sure who to replace...

I was thinking of replacing Hawlucha EX with Landorus EX from the beginning and it seems like a perfect edition now that I think about it.

One final thing, it may not have to do specifically with this list but I'd like some suggestions. I said I was going to run this deck at Regionals and bbninjas gave me a reply saying that my other deck that I was planning on playing (Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad) wouldn't be as risky. Should I play Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad or Seismitoad/Slurpuff, because I have both and I'm not quite sure which one would work the best in the new meta after Roaring Skies.

I suggest removing a Kyurem PLB, Toad-EX or [Y] energy (probably a [W] type due to you having enough already :p) for a Malamar (you're also missing that type completely!)

Chipadat said:
Sorry I haven't replied in a while, I was out of town for the weekend:(

I never thought about Malamar, it sounds like a terrific idea but I'm not entirely sure who to replace...

I was thinking of replacing Hawlucha EX with Landorus EX from the beginning and it seems like a perfect edition now that I think about it.

One final thing, it may not have to do specifically with this list but I'd like some suggestions. I said I was going to run this deck at Regionals and bbninjas gave me a reply saying that my other deck that I was planning on playing (Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad) wouldn't be as risky. Should I play Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad or Seismitoad/Slurpuff, because I have both and I'm not quite sure which one would work the best in the new meta after Roaring Skies.
I would play Fairies still, they have proven me very good, and if you can attack for weakness, it'll have a good advantage.

I'd use fairies, ill post my list if you want?

It seems like a good idea, but I honestly have no idea how to play a fairy deck 100% clean of misplays. I'm still trying to figure out how to play this deck. Like bbninjas said, it would be too risky.

Back