Pokemon The outrage of having a favorite Pokestop taken down

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Rant incoming:

Last night, my city of Lafayette, LA got hit hard.
Our best and favorite Pokemon GO hangout spot has been taken down. The area we had had three Pokestops in a tight area so that you could stay in one spot in range of all three, plus there were six other stops and two gyms if you would rather walk around, all in a close area. There were lures set 24/7.
It was huge, people from all over the city came and it was such a fun spot for people to socialize. Our city isn't even that big, so it was amazing for me to see such a large population of people coming together to play Pokemon. Im not a bar person at all, so this was a great opportunity for me to get out and meet new people. Before POGO, this area in particular was dead, people never came to it. The sudden population of the area has been in the local newspapers and news channels: http://www.katc.com/story/32518478/parc-lafayette-regulates-pokemon-go-players

Now, the entire area is GONE. Literally all 8 Pokestops and both gyms were deleted as of 1am last night. There were reports of people saying that they saw a Niantic representative or van in the area, and important looking people reading off the plaques of the stop's monuments in the days prior. It definitely was not just some glitch, someone or multiple people requested to have this area as a whole removed.
The whole city is heartbroken, and some of the local businesses in that closed-in shopping center are disappointed and have lost the business they were getting.

2gso0wj.png
2u9pwgi.png

It technically was owned property and ACCESSIBLE by the public, but not actually public. The area was known as River Ranch and of course its full of wealthy uppity old people that want kids off their high-dollar lawn. It really sucks for all of the planned events that were expecting a good revenue from the POGO players, they had a food truck round-up planned for this Saturday as a matter of fact, but there goes that.

EDIT: A few minutes ago, the Parc page just posted this. Its a shame, really.
2j3o41t.png
Now, I wish I could say that all of the POGO people behaved accordingly. People were there until 4am, not picking up after themselves, unlicensed selling of merch, driving the wrong way down the parking lot circle, taking up parking spots, tracking mud on the sidewalks, general disrespect for the area. I had thought that it had gotten a lot better, but no matter what, a large gathering of young adults will always be seen as a bad thing. I only wish I had gotten to experience more of it with the little transportation I have.

RIP Parc Lafayette. :(

TL;DR: My city's very large POGO hangout area of 8 total pokestops and gyms were all taken down last night and I am bitter.

Have you lost your favorite POGO hangout area and as bitter as I am? Or, has your area GAINED a new Pokestop or hang out spot yet? Talk about it here.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed anything yet but a few nests have changed here in SoCal, a known Dratini nest is gone with a few more having their main Pokemon swapped out for others (except for a known Bulbasaur nest in the West Covina area, I still hit that one up after work on Wednesdays).

I'm just thankful that all of the PokeStops and Gyms in the Disneyland area, CityWalk, and most of the ones in Santa Monica are still there. I can see the last one seeing a massive drop in business if businesses there lose 'em.

So here in Houston, Discovery Green is one of the top 5 places in the city. However because people are coming during closed hours and trashing the place, Discovery Green has requested to remove the Pokestops and gyms there all together, which sucks because most of us played by the rules anyways. Unfortunately, this is probably something Niantic will listen to for a change, and take away the best spot for Pokemon in my area, because why not?

So here in Houston, Discovery Green is one of the top 5 places in the city. However because people are coming during closed hours and trashing the place, Discovery Green has requested to remove the Pokestops and gyms there all together, which sucks because most of us played by the rules anyways. Unfortunately, this is probably something Niantic will listen to for a change, and take away the best spot for Pokemon in my area, because why not?

I was over there a few times and people were jumping in the water, and yeah they have been there all night :/

Back