The Other Game: Yugioh

DerpyMartian

6th Generation... Is AWESOME!
Did anyone ever play Yugioh? If you did, did you just collect the cards, or actually play? Finally, if you quit, why did you?

I used to play. Just cassually with friends, nothing big. I quit due to lack of money (I was a wee child), and the fact i couldnt go to real tourneys.

Yeah, I thought I could enter contests than i realized something: Nerds probably spent HOURS working on decks. So I knew I had no chance and went to Pokemon: Where you can almost never lose!

I could have the best cards in the game in yugioh, but somebody could still beat me if they are bigger nerds. At Pokemon, it's kind of even. I sometimes buy the new cards just to look at them because some of them have impressive designs.

I stopped playing yugioh when syncro monsters came out, because honestly to me they're dumb. I still ran my chimeratech otk deck that I've had for like..4 years now since it came out. I went to a few major tournaments in columbus, and there were a few places that had weekly pay to play tournaments with prizes..I have over like 20 decks for fun, only a few are tourny competitive

The Synchro monsters is what made kids get out of Yugioh. Fusion monsters were enough and almost nobody had polymerazation. but the artwork for some of the Synchros are really good.

The idea of it wasnt too bad, but they made it so complicated ex. only this can synchro to this and nothing else

@LillipupFTW:

yeah..to me fusions made sense...syncros were like.."ok..lets put together monsters that have NOTHING in common..yay" lol. I only have a few syncros because I bought the stardust and red dragon tin just to see what they were like

Yeah, it was alot less complicated in the beginning with nothing but now there is fusions and sychros and it is very confusing.

I've never collected but my friend used to play well, and I would play him to help him practice so eventually I got okay. I never had any cards though, and I am as clueless to Yugoih as a person who thinks Salamence is OU in the 4th gen.

@mlouden03: It's not that they confused me it's like,"Dang, where is that Polymerazation?! I can't summon it now and.... i am going to lose now because I have nothing." And synchros are like,"Oh, I'll put this cute little guy and this KILLER dark big guy and BOOM! I got a dragon that will destroy you." That is what they should have put as the Fusion and Synchro description.

@Hyperbeem: It's either you like Pokemon, liked yugioh and then found out it was terrible, then liked Pokemon, or you like both of them. This is the percentage of each
Pokemon=83%
Yugioh and then Pokemon=10%
Both=7%

Ahem. @Hyperbeem: Salamence in OU in the 4th gen is playing by Smogon's rules and all of the unoriginal websites following them.

Now back on topic: I used to play, but not anymore. I ran a Magnet Warrior deck.

I stopped actually collecting the cards around 2004 when Soul of the Duelist came out. Nowadays I just bought Tag Force 4 to get back into the swing of things, so today I just make decks entirely out of proxies, just for fun.

And they work. =D

Synchro Monsters > Fusion Monsters because they're much easier to summon and you don't need to worry as much about getting dead draws making you unable to summon them. Although, King of the Swamps did make everything easier.

@DNA: It is easier to summon them, but you could take polar opposites, and put them together.
@EHNH: I had the magnet warriors, but I lost the best one along with other amazing cards a long time ago.

And you have a problem with putting polar opposites together?

No, no, no. To me, it is just weird. Think of putting Kuriboh and Rainbow Dark Dragon together. But this sounds stupid, but imagine Yugioh and Pokemon has a crossover movie. I know it sounds REALLY bad, but let it sink in.

I used to play, but quit when 5D's came out. That series just ruined whatever interest I had in the game.

It wouldn't happen. Trust me, it just wouldn't. I know it sounds really bad too - probably because it is really bad.

Back