The ORAS OU Metagame Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about Manaphy. Also with Rain Dance and its ability he can also protect himself against statuses from stall without using sub. And yeah, it is great against offense.
Hoopa-U's best advantage over these 2 then must be its unpredictability and its much greater access to great moves. Hoopa-U can set up Nasty Plot/Calm Mind and has so much moves both on its special and its physical sides.
It has Taunt to stop setting up. Thunder Wave to slow down fast switch-ins. Trick to screw switch-ins.(Although nobody uses these moves and rather focusing on its punching holes abilities) Knock Off to remove items. Gunk Shot so destroy fairies. Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Dark Pulse, Grass Knot,Energy Ball,Psychic,Focus Blast, Hyperspace Fury and Hyperspace Hole to ignore subs and protect by attacking from either its special or physical attack.
You just can't tell what Hoopa-U is going to do.
I can't tell if it will keep being so hyped like it is right now but I still think it has a great place in the OU metagame. If Hoopa-U had a good speed/priority I really think it would have been banned on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back