The Official Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky Thread

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
PMD1 music was good enough so that a few of its tracks got remade into the sequel as well (the Blizzard Island medley, both of the boss musics, and a few other things as well). EoS added yet more PMD1 remixes (I remember Buried Relic and Thunderwave Cave remixes are present in the Sky Peak areas, and Marowak Dojo got the Makuhita Dojo music). That isn't to say that PMD2 didn't have great tracks as well (Hidden Land, Craggy Coast, and Dusk Forest), but PMD1 was good enough that the stuff came back.

~Passion~

Lol I dunno anymore
DNA said:
PMD1 music was good enough so that a few of its tracks got remade into the sequel as well (the Blizzard Island medley, both of the boss musics, and a few other things as well). EoS added yet more PMD1 remixes (I remember Buried Relic and Thunderwave Cave remixes are present in the Sky Peak areas, and Marowak Dojo got the Makuhita Dojo music). That isn't to say that PMD2 didn't have great tracks as well (Hidden Land, Craggy Coast, and Dusk Forest), but PMD1 was good enough that the stuff came back.

Yeah. But I'll never forget the music from the first one. And I did find a few remixes on my own in MDoS

~Passion~

Lol I dunno anymore
Love 'em. Just asked my mom yesterday about buying a new gameboy. She ask me why I wanted one, REALLY strangly, and I said, "My favorite game!" Mystery Dungeon Red for life!

Was Sky an option? Alot more features, but Darkness is still fun. You just don't wanna be Cyndaquil. Been there, failed that. -.-'

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
Yes Sky is a option. I beat the game and had lots of fun after the game. Now I'm trying to beat Darkrai. It's sooo hard.

DNA

Advanced Member
Sky is basically like Emerald version, in comparison to EoD and EoT being Ruby/Sapphire. Calling Sky to be PMD3 is not really correct - it's the same basic plot, just with a lot more extras.

I've got EoD and EoS, but I can say if you already have one of the Eo_ games, don't bother getting Sky - it isn't that much different. Got a bunch of extras, but still a waste of money imo. Unless, of course, you want new starters and all the extras. It's your choice, really.

I should probably pick up Sky and actually work on getting Grandmaster Rank someday...and finish the extra dungeons. But right now I've got other games I want to finish up...

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
I hope I'm not reviving a dead thread. I need help in the Surrounded Sea. I don't know what level I'm on, but please help.

DNA

Advanced Member
Help with what? Getting through the dungeon? Being rescued? Tips on what to do when you're at the bottom? Who to bring?

DNA

Advanced Member
Just get EoS. It's got more stuff, more choices for starters, and is basically superior in every way. If you don't have any of the Eo# series, just get EoS and play that.

The plot's the same in all 3. It's just that EoS has a LOT more stuff to do besides that.

Quagsire

Love and Tolerance. c:
I really need some help... I'm playing Explorers of the Sky and I'm stuck on Steam Cave and the Groudon boss... Can anyone help?

Typhlosion

I Feel Epic, Don't Stop Me
The Groudon boss can be hard depending on the pokemon that you chose. I recommend just staying in the stem cave and grind until you can beat him. It sounds as if you've tried multiple times, if so you probably don't have anything too valuable, so dying sound be very worrisome. I personally have never had any problems with him but then again I take my time through most of the dungeon prior to him, and some after too.

DNA

Advanced Member
1) Save at the midpoint. That way if you lose, you can just turn your system off and try again.
2) The best way to beat him is just throw some sort of seed at him, like X-Eye Seed, then just start pelting him with attacks (or thrown items like Iron Thorns). When a seed wears off, throw another one.

To be honest, Groudon in Steam Cave is not that hard of a boss. It just requires some planning and staying on your toes.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
what starter you picked helps. Grass is good because it hits him for super effective damage and fire is good because it is boosted by his sun. Water isn't that great despite being super effective because it is weakened by sun.

Typhlosion

I Feel Epic, Don't Stop Me
But the only problem with choosing your starter and your partner around a certain boss, is that our going to find other bosses hard as well, maybe even harder. So as DNA said planning your boss 'run' is probably the most important part, as the bosses are very predictable.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Typhlosion said:
But the only problem with choosing your starter and your partner around a certain boss, is that our going to find other bosses hard as well, maybe even harder. So as DNA said planning your boss 'run' is probably the most important part, as the bosses are very predictable.

Yeah I found easy way to beat bosses that don't have allies is confuse them with one of those seeds and just chase after them if they try to leave, eventually they'll turn around and give you a chance to attack.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
I just collect up useful seeds like the Sleep Seed, which is most effective, through the whole game and make sure I take them all the way through Temporal Tower. That's how I beat Dialga at Lv. 30 something.