The Official Pokebeach TCG Season Thread! Season:2009-2010!

ShayminSky

I see what you did there...
Hello guys, and welcome to the Official Pokebeach TCG Season Thread! Here you discuss all the new cards, tactics, and the metagame for the seasons. Currently, we ended the 08-09 Season with worlds, and the 09-10 Season will be kicked off this fall! I hope you guys are ready for HGSS, and Arceus!

Seth1789110

Yeah, thats true. Why display Arceus alot in its own set. Totally agree. Except for that it has a broken rule. And can make decent combos. I am very excited for Legends though.

ShayminSky

Arceus is overhyped. It does better as collecting, well, from my point, but I havent really looked at it....

I cant wait for the HGSS set though!

ragingphantom

Currently in a Paradox
Arceus is overhyped? People bash it left and right, that is NOT hyping IMO. Anyways I plan to just get a set of all the non-x Arceus's and the pantheon Arceus for collection purposes, as the other Arceus X's really don't look awesome and suck at attacking.

LEGENDS will be a great set, and with just the cards shown, there are already a bunch of combos for rogues and archtypes for States/Regionals (btw I always forget when they are, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Not only will the LEGEND block be for players, and also collectors, but also the art enthusiasts I think, as this block looks promising illustration wise.

And also, won't the metagame be changing from tournament chunk to tournament chunk because of sets (like BR's=DP-SV, cities=DP-AoA, States/Regionals i think=DP-LEGENDS likely but not sure)? So I'd say let's discuss the cities meta for now as I think people have already pretty much said what they think BR's will be like in countless other threads.

Believenstyle

Aspiring Trainer
Each Arceus card itself... yes it's mediocre at best, but imagine a great typing coverage of them all in one deck, with a few Lucario GL or Lake Boundary cards...
Now that can help cream some (not so polished deck) faces =]

ragingphantom

Currently in a Paradox
ShayminSky said:
I know that, but they printed A LOT of Arceus cards in ONE SET!

Well they printed all the known deoxys forms in one set, AND they printed an EX for each of the known forms, so it would make sense to stick all of the arceuses in one set together.

And @^, yes you can try to aim for x2 weakness, but remember that you need Ultimate zone to get setup, AND you have to run a thick trainer line to get out 6 Arceus's in one turn. While the best that the deck can do is 160 (double weakness and not counting any of the bad Arceus X's attacks), type coverage is hard as you have to have the right energy on the right type of Pantheon Arceus X for the KO. But a good line I think would be
{D}-For comeback KO's
{M}-For guarding against X's
{R}-For coverage against Dialga G and for massive damage
{L}-For switching and coverage against Palkia G
{C}-Vital for getting setup in one turn
{W}-For getting by effects that guard against basics, such as Mewtwo X's body
Maybe {G} for healing and for coverage against the new LEGEND cards

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
You don't need to get all six out. I don't see why everybody thinks that. There are more ways of attaching Energies, and these leave you room for Claydol and Uxie.

ShayminSky

Hes right. And if you play Leafeon RR, you can heal when you attach energy. look at his card. Its full of win. Combined with Venusaur and Leafeon Lv X, it is AWESOME!

J

Juliacoolo

Even if a good ardeus deck is possible, think about how expensive it will be. It's not really fair to players to have a good deck be extremely expensive.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
They are just Arceus cards, and how good the cards are seem to fit towards any old Holo card. The Lv.X's will indeed be expensive, but the normal ones shouldn't be.