The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System: Check last post for updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

afnlsjg

Stuck In The TCG Past
RE: The New Spelling and Grammar Rankings System

I'm just about to give a negative to every person that gives someone else a negative (or anything else for that matter) for "good spelling and grammEr". Honestly, when you're going to grade someone else, at least take a moment to check yourself...

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~

^-Completely

Well, if your grammar and spelling isn't good, improve on it. As for those people who have fail grammar and spelling too, give them their negative back. If you have bad grammar and spelling, it does not mean they don't have a right to give negative reps to others without good grammar and spelling either.

Sonic Gal

Poke and the Man!

Hmm, I found this interesting when I first saw this. However, reading all these posts make me realize this is more of a reputation system than a direct Spelling/Grammar system. It appears people are giving negatives just because someone made a harsh critique or spammed a bit... or a lot. None of which are related to spelling or grammar (depending on how that person spammed). Though it's necessary to have these things because a reputation system notifies members that their behavior is childish, spam, ect. So on...

Spelling/Grammar comes with knowledge of the English language. Some people can't help that; some people can. Hence, I stand for this system. ;)

Phoenix

Aspiring Trainer

Piplup 321 said:
He's talking about how it should of been you're instead of your...

You're is short for you are. Your is like saying your apple, or your picture.

Piplup 321 said:
He's talking about how it should of been you're instead of your...

You're is short for you are. Your is like saying your apple, or your picture.

**Good thing there is a edit button,right?** Sure. Hey everybody! Pick on me for mixing up you're with your.-_-' Well atleast I don't talkz liike thes. Beside the point: How could the guy notice that?!? Forget it,I'll get over it:D

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member

Sonic Gal said:
Hmm, I found this interesting when I first saw this. However, reading all these posts make me realize this is more of a reputation system than a direct Spelling/Grammar system. It appears people are giving negatives just because someone made a harsh critique or spammed a bit... or a lot. None of which are related to spelling or grammar (depending on how that person spammed). Though it's necessary to have these things because a reputation system notifies members that their behavior is childish, spam, ect. So on...

Spelling/Grammar comes with knowledge of the English language. Some people can't help that; some people can. Hence, I stand for this system.

Relax. n00bs are what they are. They can't mature in an instant and realize that they are foolishly taking the system over the line. If you wish to report it on this thread, then feel free, as it is the point of this thread.

But, and this is a big but (Gah! Bad image!! >_<), it can be helped. It is not hard to slowly adapt and dedicate towards better English.

Sonic Gal

Poke and the Man!

Relax? I didn't mean anything with that comment. I just simply stated that some people use it more as a user rating system than for spelling/grammar.

Sorry for the misconception. I was agreeing not protesting.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

Sorry, I misinterpreted your meaning. I apologize.

But really, some people take this as a big deal :(.

darkrai1246

Waiting for new DS (Mines broken)

Zyflair's reputation said:
Darth Caedus (0) - Last updated 10-03-2008, 02:08 pm

Negative (-1): Don't give people spelling and grammar reps and say they have good grammer!
What's that supposed to mean?

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.

This system is okay but it is heavily biased and theere is much revenge and hatred in it. IE: I gave LV a bad ref for her bad spelling and she gave me one 2 seconds later and my spelling is certainly fine. Especially when I have +5 refs. So it is an OK system...

Zyflair

Advanced Member

darkrai1246 said:
Zyflair's reputation said:
Darth Caedus (0) - Last updated 10-03-2008, 02:08 pm

Negative (-1): Don't give people spelling and grammar reps and say they have good grammer!
What's that supposed to mean?

I don't understand it either. I didn't do anything negative to that User, and he just came out of nowhere and tossed me this nonsense...

I really wish that the system could work better, but it really has its flaws.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I think he maybe could be referring to giving people negative reps...

pikakid88

Aspiring Trainer

T-Tar Master said:
This system is okay but it is heavily biased and theere is much revenge and hatred in it. IE: I gave LV a bad ref for her bad spelling and she gave me one 2 seconds later and my spelling is certainly fine. Especially when I have +5 refs. So it is an OK system...

ha ha I went and looked she even spelled grammar wronge in bad rep.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=4655

guest said:
Positive (+1): shhh thats our little secret ;).

Woah, wait. Guests can rep too?!

INFERNAPE

Aspiring Trainer

I'm not sure if you remember a story called the lost Mudkip. It was written very badly...on purpose. The reason why it was written so terribley is because a Mod made a fake account to see if the members would rate his 'Spelling/Grammar' system correctly. And I knew it was a Mod because his writing was so terrible. So I gave him a rep saying; "This is obviously just a Mod, testing to see if the members rate him correctly". He then rated me saying; "shhh thats our little secret".

Then he deleted his account....that's why it says he is a guest. Just thought I would clean that up. =]

darkrai1246

Waiting for new DS (Mines broken)

zyflair said:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/reputation.php?uid=4655

guest said:
Positive (+1): shhh thats our little secret ;).

Woah, wait. Guests can rep too?!
Actually the account was deleted so the name was changed to "guest".

Staraptor

Awake

INFERNAPE said:
I'm not sure if you remember a story called the lost Mudkip. It was written very badly...on purpose. The reason why it was written so terribley is because a Mod made a fake account to see if the members would rate his 'Spelling/Grammar' system correctly. And I knew it was a Mod because his writing was so terrible. So I gave him a rep saying; "This is obviously just a Mod, testing to see if the members rate him correctly". He then rated me saying; "shhh thats our little secret".

Then he deleted his account...that's why it says he is a guest. Just thought I would clean that up. =]

Now the thread about "The Lost Mudkip" is counted as mine, as I was the first person to post, thinking that it was an actual member who created it. ><
Oh well..

Wiseman.

Gengar will banish you to the Lost Zone.

pikakid88 said:
T-Tar Master said:

ha ha I went and looked she even spelled grammar wronge in bad rep.

Exactly! As the bible states: "Take the log out of your own eye before you can take the splinter out of your neighbors eye." WHich means that you should recognize your own faults before others...
LV: You cannot or at least should not give a negative rep for omeone giving you a bad ref! Would you do taht to KG? I am not being mean...

It sets an example for all...SOMEONE MUST HAVE BAD GRAMMAR TO GIVE THEM A NEGATIVE REP. I even see friends just giving their friends/enemies bad ones for no reason...come on, it is spelling, not 'recognize your enemies and pick on them system'.
Most things are flawed, they have pros and cons...deal with it.

Zyflair: Yeah that post is stupid. I have seen it...it DOES not even say you have bad grammar...I say we have someone who is like a PB secret agent looking for stupid posts and reporting then, to make the system better ya know?

Wow, I should be PB's official philosopher :D

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

T-Tar Master said:
Wow, I should be PokeBeach's official philosopher :D

Let's not get carried away now. :eek: So far, it has worked minimally, but there's still been some wierd reps that might appear to be abused. ;f

dmaster out.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

T-Tar Master said:
Zyflair: Yeah that post is stupid. I have seen it...it DOES not even say you have bad grammar...I say we have someone who is like a PokeBeach secret agent looking for stupid posts and reporting then, to make the system better ya know?
Wow, I should be PokeBeach's official philosopher :D

A secret agent? Hmm... It wouldn't be very secret to be honest though, and we can always report it on this thread.

And don't declare yourself a philosopher yet. You're not completely there to call yourself one.

Status
Not open for further replies.