Ruling The New Giant Plant Forest Stadium Card for Bandit Ring

Chipadat

Garchomp Lover
So I'm trying to make a Mega Sceptile deck for the new Bandit Ring set (or Ancient Origins in the English release) I was wondering about this Giant Plant Forest stadium. I want to run Vileplume and here is my main question. If it's my first turn and I evolve into gloom (because of the stadium card) can I evolve into Vileplume in the same turn I evolved into Gloom?

Each player can evolve his or herPokémon during his or her first turn or the turn he or she plays that Pokémon.
-From Bulbepedia

In order to prevent ruling discrepancies between the Japanese and English text of a card, we do not provide rulings for cards that have not been printed in English. The reason for this is because wording is very important on Pokemon cards; the inclusion or omission of a single word or phrase can change the way the card works.

Neo Genesis Slowking is the best example of this; the English version is missing a clause present on the Japanese card which would have restricted its power to only be usable while Slowking was active. Because the rule was to play as written, that mediocre card became so powerful that it ended up being banned from play altogether.

Apologies for not being able to help you, but I thought you would be better served with an explanation as to why we don't make rulings on cards that aren't out in English yet.

Oh, OK I get it.. so I guess i'll ask again on the English release (or I maybe have already found the answer by then)

Back