Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
For Chandelure, you could use EdgarAllan, named after that ever-so-famous poet Edgar Allan Poe. But because it is a girl, Poe could just work.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait
Arceus of Heaven, thanks for the reply. Like I said, I'm trying to get nicknames that have some significance in Platinum Version as well... perhaps something in a book, something Cynthia tells you... I dunno. I do appreciate your ideas and will consider them.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Robot3300 said:
For Chandelure, you could use EdgarAllan, named after that ever-so-famous poet Edgar Allan Poe. But because it is a girl, Poe could just work.

I don't get how he relates to Chandelure. Explanation?

~AoH

(Hey, look. My 150th post...)

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
Edgar Allan Poe wrote 'horror' poems. Sure, they were not that 'scary', but that's not the point. Chandelure is Fire/Ghost, and based off of a chandelier. You might find chandeliers in 'haunted houses'. Edgar Allan Poe started writing poetry in 1827, so he must of wrote by candlelight (I think). It's kinda hard to explain, but it works for me.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
I just don't think people are right for me, Robot. Thanks anyways.

Scizor: Red Menace, Scissa, Skyza (If you want the little aerial reference), Ninjette (Female ninja), Lin (After the ninja girl from Fire Emblem), I don't know. Never was too good at Scizor.

Still open for the Female Chandelure and Archeops. For the latter, I'd like Male and Female suggestions. I might go with Chandler on the former though. Thoughts?

~AoH

Quentin

Nomadic Kitten
Nickname for a shiny Snivy, anyone?
I'm looking for a few male names and a few female names, just in case.

Argentine

WTF= Welcome To Finland... Yes I am Argentine.
Quentin said:
Nickname for a shiny Snivy
"Jormungadr", the god serpent from Norse mythology? xD

For Chandelure, maybe it may be "Lumânare", the candle in Rumanian. I dunno...

Myself I am giving names from anime, manga, games and real life characters to my Pokemon. Sometimes I have lack of names, so I need also help with these guys:

-Zebstrika (male)
-Haxorus (male)
-Serperior (male)
-Emboar (male)
-Zoroark (male)

Uralya

*ponders everything*
-Zebstrika (male)... I had Zapra (Zap+Zebra) for mine. Maybe Usain Bolt, Secretariat, or find a way to mix stallion with a word.
-Haxorus (male)... MC Hammer (Random "Hammer=Axe"), Marluxia (A scythe), ReaperDino (Lols...) or just Reaper.
-Serperior (male)... Nag (from Rikki-Tikki-Tavi), Cobroot (Cobra+Root), Salazar (Salazar Slytherin from Harry Potter) or Slytherin.
-Emboar (male)... SumoBacon (Lols...), Pooh, Shaquille or Shaq, maybe even ShaqFu (Since it's fighting-type, relating to Shaq's movie).
-Zoroark (male)... If it were female, would've said Rihanna due to the red hair. Male? Xemnas (Organization XIII; Has control to create things (illusions) from nothing), Voldemort (A great wizard to create things from nothing, not to mention evil), Malfoy (From Lucious Malfoy, also Harry Potter), or Xigbar (Organization XIII; both have shy and reluctant personalities and can seem to make nothing into "something". He just seems cool).

I also went with Vassaga for the Chandelure, after one of the 9 Princes of Darkness, Vassago, and Lucifer's followers, and changed it to female. Still looking for Archeops though. I haven't found anything too special.

~AoH

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Zebstrika: Usain Bolt is fun.
Haxorus: TPO3 (his alt name is Master of Hax or something) or Ares.
Serperior: Basilisk (Harry Potter stuff yay)
Emboar: Ganon (Deal with it)
Zoroark: Osama (I find it funny. You may not. Everyone has different styles of humor.)

Argentine

WTF= Welcome To Finland... Yes I am Argentine.
Voldemort is name that was given to my Typlosion already. :p My female Zoroark also have name, Darktegra, random OC. Now the names of these that needed the names are now:

-Zebstrika (male) = Zabure (random Japanese name)
-Haxorus (male) = D-Reaper (from Digimon Tamers)
-Serperior (male) = Jormungandr
-Emboar (male) = Ganon
-Zoroark (male) = Xemnas

Thanks, everyone for help.

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Welcome.

I need a better name for Haxorus than HAX. I got tired of that. It's male and non-shiny.

Also, what do you think of the name Exxon for a Klinklang? Any other suggestions?

~AoH

SpaceBehemoth

The Behemoth of Space
Quentin said:
Nickname for a shiny Snivy, anyone?
I'm looking for a few male names and a few female names, just in case.

I dont really know, I named my shiny snivy royal (color and refference to him being the "regal" pokemon) but thats just me...