Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

Zekrom:shadow, yang, darkness, Hecate, blkshadow, black veil, etc.

Conkelder: slabby, guts, concrete, etc. (by the way, there is a really good one on page 1)

@Zekrom: Starscream. For some reason I find Transformers nicknames fitting for them.
@Conkeldurr: Noobushin =D

Zek: REBD (Red-Eyes B. Dragon), Red-Eyes, WildBolt, Thundracon/Thundragon/Thundraco, etc.
Conkeldurr: Balboa (My own...), Concrush (Obvious...), Roadkiller (His concrete blocks can be used for roadways), Thor MK-3 (No idea...), etc.

Jellicent
Female
Non-shiny

Terakkion
Genderless
Non-Shiny

Any names for these would be great! I currently have Peach for Jelly, and Cerberus for Terrakion, but I want to hear your suggestions.

Escavalier
Shiny:no

Reshiram
Gender:Well,Reshiram is depicted as being more femenin,so I'll go ahead and say it's a female
Shiny:I wish

Escavalier, you could go with a name like Galahad, or if you like Fire Emblem, go for something like Oswin.

As for Reshiram I picked Jetfire for mine (since I don't think it looks feminine whatsoever), so I don't think I have a nickname in my head that can suit you. Or if you want, Flaria.

Anyone have a good nickname for the following:

Magnezone
Garchomp(female)
Jirachi
Rhyperior(male)
Hippowdon(female)
Tyranitar(female)

I'd like these to be in a different language than English, like Latin or Spanish. Thanks!

^I actually take latin and spanish, but lI have a easy latin one for you. Fortuna is Fortune and Bonus means good (conjugated to match it would be "bona")

So bona fortuna means good fortune. You good do a combination of this or just do fortuna, your pick!

^I thought that Fortuna meant "fate" in latin. Where did you get that information?

Garchomp: jetburst
Jirachi: Stella or stellarus
Rhyperior: tanker
Tyranitar: sandy, Godzilla, sand crush, etc.

Non-shiny Female Chandelure anyone? I have no idea what might work.

Also, ratings on: (1st,3rd,5th are Fem., 2nd,4th,6th are Male, and no shinies)
Mienshao- Chevalieur (Chivalrous knights)
Eelektross- Leviath (Leviathan shortened)
Hydreigon- Okoya (Named for a female soul devourer in the Star Shards trilogy by Neal Shusterman)
Haxorus- HAX (Insane luck on getting Outrage in Doubles)
Volcarona- Blitzkrieg (Obvious firestorm reference)
Jellicent- King Zora (A giant Zora from LoZ)

~AoH

I'd like more of a reference to its fire abilities, with a hint of "ghostly" touch, but more menacing than Boo-esque. Thanks anyways. Also, any for a Male Archeops?

~AoH

How about Taboo for the Chandelure.They're these creatures fought in the manga Psyren.Besides,it it eats souls,right?Last I checked,Taboo is basically a misfortune.

Alright guys, I just caught a Modest Dialga with 31 IVs in Special Attack and I need a nickname. I don't want it to be "Time" or anything with Time in the name unless its very good. In that case, still suggest it, but I am looking for something with more depth to it. I'm considering Chronos, and I'm sure that will be suggested, but I want something that has a connection to Platinum version itself, my second favorite Pokemon game.
Yes, I want this to be a deep and memorable nickname. Don't let me down! :)

^Dimension X is one that I took a few minutes to think of. I can't remember the inspiration I had for it, though. (oh yeah, I remember, it's from Werewolf...)

@AoH: I'm liking Archie, or maybe Pterodactyl. I don't know I'm just throwing out some suggestions.

I think a good name for your Dialga is Kronos. Yes, it sadly has to do with time. Kronos was the Greek Titan of Time.

Just so people know, it can also be Cronus.

Dialga names, eh? Hmm... I had Temportal awhile back for its ability to travel through time, made from Temporal (Time-related) and Portal. Adamantine for its diamond-plated chest. Silicron from the Silicon metal and Cronus, Greek God of Time. Vector from a random Neal Shusterman reference to the Temporal, Spatial and ____ Vectors in the Star Shards trilogy. Even Winston, a main character from the Star Shards trilogy that could control how things aged or became young.

Still looking for suggestions on Chandelure and Archeops and ratings on my already-named ones at the top of the page. Make them count? Sure.

~AoH

Back