• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Most Underrated EX Ever (Diance EX / Aromatisse)

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Pokémon - 15
  • 4 Diancie-EX FAC 72
  • 2 Spritzee BKP 84
  • 2 Aromatisse XY 93
  • 2 Xerneas XY 96
  • 1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 32
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
Trainer Cards - 35
  • 4 Trainer's Mail ROS 92
  • 3 N FAC 105
  • 2 Fairy Drop FAC 99
  • 1 Lysandre FLF 90
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
  • 4 Hard Charm XY 119
  • 2 Battle Compressor PHF 92
  • 3 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 3 Fairy Garden XY 117
  • 1 Skyla BKT 148
  • 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
  • 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
Energy - 10
  • 6 Fairy Energy GEN 83
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
Strategy:

Hey guys! I built this deck based on the most underrated EX in Fates Collide: Diancie-EX! Yes, it only has 150 HP (pretty underwhelming for an EX), but it has an outstanding ability: Sparkle Veil! As long Diancie-EX is your active Pokémon, any damage done to your Pokémon by an opponent's attack is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). Pretty cool! Your opponent is forced to inflict 180 damage for the 1HKO*. And its attack, Wonder Stage, is very good too! For 1 Fairy Energy only and 1 DCE you can inflict 110 damage, as long as a Stadium card is in play. That's great, since you will have 3 Fairy Garden in deck to take advantage of the Fairy free retreat cost. And even if your opponent replaces the Fairy Garden with another Stadium, your attack will do 110 damage. 2HKO on everything that counts in the actual metagame (and 1HKO on Dragons like Giratina-EX, Hydreigon-EX etc).

*We said that Diancie-EX's ability can absorb 30 damage from your opponent's attacks. Right. But what if we attach to it some Pokémon Tool card? When I seen this card for the first time, my thoughts gone immediately to Hard Charm. Hard Charm absorbs 20 damage from your opponent's attack and, if my math is right, your Diancie-EX will absorb 50 damage. Pretty awesome, isn't it?. In this way, one of the most dangerous and feared deck in the meta, Night March, will be in a lot of trouble. You can consistently absorb their 1HKO (that's the main Night March strenght), turning them into 2HKO or 3HKO, and return fire with Wonder Stage, 1HKOing their Marchers, even if they have Fighting Fury Belt attached.

Now, this is the decklist I created by myself, It's pretty fast and consistent. If you open with Diancie-EX is good. If you open with Xerneas is ok too, you can charge your benched Diancie-EXs with energies. Aromatisse can move Fairy Energies around from a seriously damaged Diancie-EX to another, avoiding the risk of losing energies from the board (I find this pretty useful in late games, when you could lose 1 or 2 DCEs). Octillery provides a constant draw power. Jirachi is here as a tech, to get rid of Night March's Special Energies and make their life even harder. I play Hard Charm over Fighting Fury Belt, but these Pokémon Tools can be switched.

Feel free to try it and to write here your impressions, improvements etc.
Waiting for your response guys! Let's make the Princess of Diamonds smash the meta!! ;)

This deck wants to be bulky against all the meta! Hahah ;)
The entire meta DOES use special energy. Only ones that don't are the placement decks so hard charm/vest wouldn't matter anyways. And MegaMan which is seeing less and less play everyday.

If you're using Aromatisse to move about energy, you could also use Max Potion for more hilarious KO denials?

Am I the only one whose brain is screaming FURY BELT? This way, Diancie hits for 120, and gets 190 HP. With the ability, it has 220.

Edit: Oh, just read what you said above. But I don't suggest Hard Charm over Fury Belt because it has so much more potential

Am I the only one whose brain is screaming FURY BELT? This way, Diancie hits for 120, and gets 190 HP. With the ability, it has 220.

Edit: Oh, just read what you said above. But I don't suggest Hard Charm over Fury Belt because it has so much more potential

I would definitely recommend FFB over Hard Charm as well, if you're assuming a potential OHKO then FFB gives you 20HP more, if you're assuming a 2HKO then they're doing the same job but FFB is also lending extra damage, so it's win-win really for FFB! Assault Vest I suppose lends the effective extra 40HP in the 2HKO situation, but wouldn't be useful 100% of the time. Just providing some mathematical reasoning, aha!

We said that Diancie-EX's ability can absorb 30 damage from your opponent's attacks. Right. But what if we attach to it some Pokémon Tool card? When I seen this card for the first time, my thoughts gone immediately to Hard Charm. Hard Charm absorbs 20 damage from your opponent's attack and, if my math is right, your Diancie-EX will absorb 50 damage. Pretty awesome, isn't it?. In this way, one of the most dangerous and feared deck in the meta, Night March, will be in a lot of trouble. You can consistently absorb their 1HKO (that's the main Night March strenght), turning them into 2HKO or 3HKO, and return fire with Wonder Stage, 1HKOing their Marchers, even if they have Fighting Fury Belt attached.
And if Night March uses Megaphone or Hex or Lysandre? Also, most Night March lists run a way to get around Jirachi.

If you're using Aromatisse to move about energy, you could also use Max Potion for more hilarious KO denials?
With Aromatisse you can only move Fairy Energies and since you can't move the DCE's, I use Fairy Drop (healing 50 is good) over Max Potion ;)

And if Night March uses Megaphone or Hex or Lysandre? Also, most Night March lists run a way to get around Jirachi.
Wait guys, this deck is not intended to only be an anti-Night March deck. It was created to be good against the majority of the decks in the meta ;) If they use Megaphone ok, you still have the ability. If they use Hex, they only stop your ability for a turn, and you still have the Pokémon Tool attached. If they use Lysandre... well, this depends on what you have on the bench, but most of times they only buy useless time. I faced a lot of Night March decks, and trust me, they struggle A LOT and lose easily most of times. NM almost never run Megaphone and some other could run 1 Hex as a tech, but not all of them. They need a looot of resources to hit the big numbers they need against the strong defences of Diancie-EX, and you can constantly return fire with 1HKOs. Jirachi can make you buy some time when you are in trouble, but in normal circumstances you don't depend from it. Try it ;)

It was created to be good against the majority of the decks in the meta ;)
Ok... So how about Vespi/Vileplume or Trees if they go first and hit their item-lock? Vespiquen will usually do 180 by turn 2 if you go for discards and Trees will be a 2 hit KO... if they don't play hammers. Against Toad/Hammers, your energy will be denied and you'll never properly set up, even if it takes them forever to get a KO (40-30=10, 150/10=15). And even then, they still have a mill option. Those are 4 of the top 5 decks. The next is Yveltal, which admittedly, you should wreck...

Have you thought about Giovanni's scheme? It helps you hit 130, which OHKOs baby yveltal and opposing xerns.

Have you thought about Giovanni's scheme? It helps you hit 130, which OHKOs baby yveltal and opposing xerns.
What? In the format, who plays Xerneas? and why are you worrying about a baby Yveltal? It can't damage you without 3 energy better spent on an Yveltal-EX.

Ok... So how about Vespi/Vileplume or Trees if they go first and hit their item-lock? Vespiquen will usually do 180 by turn 2 if you go for discards and Trees will be a 2 hit KO... if they don't play hammers. Against Toad/Hammers, your energy will be denied and you'll never properly set up, even if it takes them forever to get a KO (40-30=10, 150/10=15). And even then, they still have a mill option. Those are 4 of the top 5 decks. The next is Yveltal, which admittedly, you should wreck...
Dude, an unbeatable deck does not exist in this game (and nobody said Diancie-EX is invincible). Vespi/Vileplume is a pain for every deck, but this does not mean it's invincible, they rely on DCEs and 90 hp is something to laugh at... Why would be a 2HKO against Trevenant? They could item lock you if they are fast, yes, but you can Lysandre something else to buy time, and their damage output is still too low. Toad/Hammers... are Toads still a thing? Lol. 10 damage per turn... you put in play 3 basic Fairy Energies like 100 years before they KO Diancie. Yveltal's not a problem at all... add the resistance to the defence.

Please guys, add constructive comments, thank you :)

Why would be a 2HKO against Trevenant? They could item lock you if they are fast, yes, but you can Lysandre something else to buy time, and their damage output is still too low.
I meant that you 2HKO a tree. All I am trying topping out is that there are more flaws in the deck. Right now, there are two major deck categories: Night March and Night March counters. I believe it would lose to most of these.

I might suggest a pokemon center lady. You have no switches or escape ropes. So things like sleep and paralysis will hurt quite a bit.

Serperior may become a thing. Since it deals with night March pretty well. Paralysis flips are pretty huge.

Jolteon or regice could be a problem as well. As you have no way to get around either effect. New safeguard carbink is also another threat to deal with.

Zygard carbink is also a threat as it can hit huge numbers as early as turn 2.

Last edited:
14-pokemon

2-Diancie EX FAC72

2-Sylveon EX RC32

3-Spritzee BKP84

2-Aromatisse XY93

3-Xerneas XY96

2-Lugia FAC79

32-Trainers

2-N

2-Sycamore

2-Lysandre

2-Pokemon Fan Club

4-Fairy Garden

3-VS Seeker

3-Trainers Mail

4-Max Elixer

2-Max Potion

2-Ultra Ball

2-Fighting Fury Belt

2-Hard Charm

2-EXP Share

14-Energies

11-Fairy

3-DCE

I made this deck as a replacement for my Mega Gardevoir EX deck R.I.P. :(. I used it since I started playing last year and got tired of the 50/50 winning percentage and the good week of playing followed by a losing streak. I do like using Diancie EX and switching out with a Sylveon EX to heal her when I don't have Max Potion. And of course I do use Aromatisse for energy manipulation as I see fit. I do like the idea of perhaps using fairy drop in case I haven't gotten Aromatisse out and if Lugia has a DCE attached to it. I'm thinking of putting in AZ or Switch to use against Special Conditions though. I usually attach Fighting Fury Belt and Hard Charm to both a Lugia and Diancie EX, whichever I have at the time and EXP Share to Sylveon EX. Thank you for reading and I apologize for how this is written, it's my first post/reply.

Safeguard Carbink can be countered by Xerneas.

Also, you could try to add as a 1-of the Klefki who boost your [D] resistance from 20 to 40, so your opponent [D] deck will be in an auto lose instead of a difficult game. (Yveltal EX would do 90 less damage if you're ussing Hard Charm, lol). Also, as posted before, think about adding Jamming Net

I'm failing to see how Diancie EX will stop a NM OHKO... So if you absorb 50 dmg from use of ability and hard charm, NM can still OHKO with 10 NMer's in the discard pile. But that's not what you should be worried about. NM DL aren't building for the OHKO of all EX's, they're being built for OHKO shaymin EX. Hence the addition of target whistle and extra Lysandre in most DL. Seeing as you aren't running any Shaymin's you should be alright, but I wouldn't fear NM as much as other DL such as item locking decks which will completely shutdown your strategy.

Back