Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

I was wondering what everybody got from the prerelease of the new set BREAKthrough.

So lets start with myself: I didn't get a single ultra rare, no break, no EX, no nothing... :(
The funny thing though is that I did win all of my 3 matches, and i pulled all 3 different chespin from 1 pack. :p
I hope you got better luck!

I was wondering what everybody got from the prerelease of the new set BREAKthrough.

So lets start with myself: I didn't get a single ultra rare, no break, no EX, no nothing... :(
The funny thing though is that I did win all of my 3 matches, and i pulled all 3 different chespin from 1 pack. :p
I hope you got better luck!

I'm pretty happy with my pulls, out of 9 packs I got Raichu BREAK (along with Raichu and Pikachu in that exact booster pack) and both variants of half-art Mewtwo EX as well as a bunch of trainers I wanted (Giovanni's Scheme, Brigette, Judge). There was a few things I was wanting like the Cresselia or Brigette in full art but I'm glad out of all the rares I could pull I got two of the ones I was wanting (Photon Wave Mewtwo EX and Raichu BREAK).

Complete rare/holo etc. pulls (sorry for lame quality pictures):
S9pI03L.jpg
QB2xbsr.jpg
TXD2bli.jpg
mhJDf3I.jpg
zlE1wCT.jpg
I did have them all laid out neatly but the pictures turned out in even worse quality than these, and I couldn't be bothered to take them all back out again so I left them where they were among other things (which are crossed off).

My last Ancient Origins booster box

M Tyranitar FA
Primal Kyogre FA
Trainers' Mail
Hoopa Ex
Ampharos Ex
M Ampharos Ex
M Tyranitar Ex
5 holos

Totally random but I just opened up a booster box of BREAKthrough. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE BREAK CARDS (so shiny)! Also they must have screwed up the poles. I got 3! Full arts, 4 ex's, and 3 BREAK cards. WTF!!!!!

Okay, from what I got:

Mewtwo Y ETB: Florges BREAK, Zorark BREAK (guess they replaced the EX's in this box)
Mewtwo X ETB: Mewtwo EX #62. M. Mewtwo EX FA #160
Mewtwo X collection: M. Rayquaza EX FA
Mewtwo Y collection: nothing
Swampert set: Winona FA, Houndoom EX
Blaziken set: Gardevoir EX, Houndoom EX FA
Zorark pin blister: nothing

Opened a Breakthrough booster box today. Very good ratios in this set!

Holos (6)
  • Empoleon (#38)
  • Magnezone (#54)
  • Raikou (#55)
  • Meloetta (#85)
  • Zoroark (#91)
  • Yveltal (#94)
BREAK (3)
  • Raichu BREAK (#50)
  • Florges BREAK (#104)
  • Noivern BREAK (#113)
Reg. EX (2)
  • Houndoom EX (#21)
  • Mewtwo EX (#61)
Reg. Mega EX (1)
  • Mega Glalie EX (#35)
FA Mega EX (2)
  • Mega Glalie EX (#156)
  • Mega Mewtwo EX (#159)
Secret Rare (1)
  • Mewtwo EX (#163)

That's a total of 9 ultra rares, counting the Break cards. Break appear in the Reverse spot though (a la Ace Spec's) so it might be possible to get an EX with a BREAK? Not sure.

I am actually pretty surprised by how nice the Break cards look. I thought they were quite ugly in scans, but the holographic effect with the gold silhouette actually looks pretty decent in person.

I was most excited to pull the Mewtwo EX secret rare, because it was the one of the two I wanted due to having Meloetta in the background. :3 Also happy to have pulled a Meloetta holo, though I would've liked more of her. Mega Glalie EX FA also looks really cool in person.

Bought a BREAKthrough ETB, a Jirachi promo pack, and a Hawlucha promo pack.
http://imgur.com/i4vBdpg

Highlights:
- FA Glalie EX
- Chesnaught BREAK
- Octillery
- BKT Hawlucha (because Hawlucha)
- Burning Energy

The craptastic pulls continue!

I opened a Mega Mewtwo X box today and pulled this, my first ultra rare from Breakthrough.

5_zpsrwtq7ufh.jpg

Also pulled a M Tyranitar FA and some heavily damaged with edgewear full art promo cards in a Hoopa ex box.

I opened a Booster Box of BrEakThrough and all I pulled was crap!

Gallie ex
Mewtwo ex 62
Mewtwo ex 164

Noivern break
Zoroark break
Raichu break
Marowak break

I cried a little of disappointment

Last edited:
Opened a Celebi 3 pack promo thing and 2 packs of breakthrough
Got FA SR Mewtwo EX (blue one) and Empoleon holo in the Celebi thing and scatter shot mewtwo EX and Gallade holo in the other 2 packs.

What exactly comes in a box (pre-BREAKthrough)? How many regular EXs, ultra-rares (full-arts), and secret rares do I get? Do they come balanced out across both sides of the box or not? I'm trying to figure out if splitting a box (one side per person) is going to be relatively fair to both people, or if one person may get all / almost all of the rare cards.

What exactly comes in a box (pre-BREAKthrough)? How many regular EXs, ultra-rares (full-arts), and secret rares do I get? Do they come balanced out across both sides of the box or not? I'm trying to figure out if splitting a box (one side per person) is going to be relatively fair to both people, or if one person may get all / almost all of the rare cards.
The number of Ultra Rares varies from box to box. For example, I had two Roaring Skies boxes and received 6 ultra rares (counting an SR) in one box, and a measly 3 in the other.

I've never personally paid attention to which side ultra rare pulls tend to occur, if there's any difference at all. I'd imagine the packs are distributed randomly, but maybe someone else has different experience with that.

As for what comes in a box, just 36 packs. They haven't done box toppers and the like for a while now. :/

Ever since approximately Plasma Blast, booster boxes have been completely random. So, splitting a box in half is fair in the sense that it's just as random as opening a full box would be, but there's still a change that someone might get all of the EX/FA cards.

Ever since approximately Plasma Blast, booster boxes have been completely random. So, splitting a box in half is fair in the sense that it's just as random as opening a full box would be, but there's still a change that someone might get all of the EX/FA cards.
Thanks. If that's the case, am I any more likely to get good pulls by splitting a box in half than by just buying 18 packs?

If all things are equal, you'd have the same chance of getting pulls with 18 packs vs. half a booster box. However, with loose packs, there's also the chance that they've been weighed (how high this chance is depends on where you buy the packs from), and you'll pay more per pack than you would if you bought a booster box, so a box is still likely the better option.

Celebi 3 pack blister: Mewtwo EX (photon wave)
Sableye 3 pack blister: Mewtwo EX (photon wave)
Hawlucha 1 pack blister: Zoroark reverse
Jirachi 1 pack blister: Nothing
Pikachu EX box: Reshiram reverse holo, Tyranitar EX
Hoopa EX box: Mewtwo EX (photon wave)
Collector's Chest: Zekrom holo
A couple of random packs also resulted in a Glalie EX and a Mewtwo EX FA (Scatter shot).

Still this is how you know a set has too many of one Pokémon.

Got a triple pack of BREAKthrough today (Thanks to Smyths Toys in Tralee for actually getting some in for once). Got a Florges BREAK and FA Giovanni's Scheme in one pack.

Tesco upgraded their packs to Ancient Origins and have the new tins in, but I can't go crazy with getting cards at the time being, got a preorder for a collectors edition of a game out on the 1st of December so I gotta keep €130 aside for that XD). Might get the Hoopa tin next week if they have any left... also depends on how much the blu-ray of Inside Out is ^^; so many things out almost at once and I gotta keep my spending under control, sucks to be me right now XP

Back