Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

RE: The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Noble Victories, seems a bit random ? I would of thought Boundaries crossed or Two Plasma Freeze. They must be running out of Emerging Powers, now Noble Victories is the new EP haha.

The difference between EP and NV is that NV actually has good cards unlike EP, so people won't mind NV as much as EP (besides catcher)

Yeah, but still would of been nice to have another pack of Freeze or Storm since it is "Plasma Box".

Yeah, but still would of been nice to have another pack of Freeze or Storm since it is "Plasma Box".

True, but it's better then EP

I personally prefer the chance of getting Catcher, it's great trade bait and I seem to have rather good luck pulling them.

Noble Victories, seems a bit random ? I would of thought Boundaries crossed or Two Plasma Freeze. They must be running out of Emerging Powers, now Noble Victories is the new EP haha.

I'm fine with NV as when I came round to finishing that set with bought singles is when I saw them constantly throwing BW and EP packs into things, and then it took about a month to sell the packs of those I didn't need (from the Mewtwo, etc. tins) for barely anything. So I've been waiting for this.

Although watch me get a Meowth or Virizon FA that I did buy singles of when I get the Plasma Box.

I think the incentive of getting an N Full Art from it is better than the possibility of a Catcher.

Which reminds I bought a Victini tin and pulled an N Full Art with it.

This was when I was pulling full arts left and right from tins. (Seriously, first tin was Zekrom, then Reshiram, then Tornadus then N, i almost thought they were guaranteed.) Now ever since the EX tins came out I have not been so lucky. Even with old tins.

I suppose getting a Full Art is nice, but it would only be to trade or sell. I'd prefer newer packs. Boundaries Crossed maybe, I still need to pull a Pikachu and Reverse Holo Pikachu. I've opened about 8 packs and none yet. Though I've pulled a FA,EX and a Holo.

I'd prefer newer packs. Boundaries Crossed maybe,

Agreed.

It is a farce, when you buy a promo released with the current set and you get packs of whatever is the oldest not selling set.

It's just a waste of money really, I have no need for anything from before Dragons Exalted. Even then it's only a few cards from DX. It's just a nuisance, and looks bad on TPCI.

Got myself the Team Plasma Box today. I really love the FA's!

Anyways NVI: Virizion Holo
PS: Beeheeyem
PF: Dragonite holo

Not too bad I guess. I'm definitely happy with Virizion. I barely purchased any packs from NVI so I'm glad they added that one in.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
What does NVI stand for?

Noble Victories ____

I never really thought of that before. I'm assuming the "I" is part of victories. I think the reason three letters are used is mainly for decklists. So BW Base would actually be BLW. Unless I'm totally wrong and the "I" actually does stand for something else.

ForeignDude said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
What does NVI stand for?

Noble Victories ____

I never really thought of that before. I'm assuming the "I" is part of victories. I think the reason three letters are used is mainly for decklists. So BW Base would actually be BLW. Unless I'm totally wrong and the "I" actually does stand for something else.

I thought a 3 letter code was used to differentiate between sets with the same initials. Like BW - Dark Explorers & BW - Dragons Exalted, so it should just be NV.

I didn't mind the Noble Victories packs at all, as I¨m trying to collect one of every card from the 5th gen pokémon and was missing Carracosta, Cobalion, Archeops, the whole Reuiniclus family and Volcarona. Got Cobalion holo and Reuiniclus, but still no Solosis :p Don't have any of the FA's either. But I can understand that players and collectors who already have completed the set think its lame..

Well I suppose, NVI is better than nothing. Only problem I have is, I haven't opened many packs of the English set but I have opened loads of Korean Packs most of the B/W sets really. So it kind of ruins it a bit, but hey I pulled a Cobalion FA once in English.

TheTPCProductionz said:
I suppose getting a Full Art is nice, but it would only be to trade or sell. I'd prefer newer packs. Boundaries Crossed maybe, I still need to pull a Pikachu and Reverse Holo Pikachu. I've opened about 8 packs and none yet. Though I've pulled a FA,EX and a Holo.

But you first said you prefer EP for the Catcher.

I too would prefer something from more recent sets but I just added my two cents of why I like NV more than EP. Plus the full art from EP I always get is Tornadus. And no one spends more than 6$ for it now. The full arts in NV are worth a bit more and there's a Meowth which while worthless, it's nice get an ultra rare while EP has none other than the two FA.

Just saying, EP = awful set. Pretty bummed my tins came with them and not Next Destinies like everyone else had.

If given the choice out of NVI and EP. We have had EP for a while, so it was my assumption we would have the same.

o_O

You're not making any sense to me man. We both agree new packs are better. But our convo was like l..

You: I prefer EP cause of Cather
Me: I prefer NV cause if full art N
You: yeah full arts are cool but new packs are better
Me: well yea but I'm just saying. NV > EP
You: (post above)

I think now what you're saying is that you would think we'd get EP over NV. But we're talking what packs I'd prefer of those two.

Anyway I see no pony in continuing this topic cause there's no value to it. I'm personally glad these packs don't contain EP but wish for Plasma Storm instead.

Ok I will rephrase myself, I would prefer newer packs. Maybe Boundaries crossed, but until now we always usually get Emerging Powers . Now we have got Noble Victories packs, I would rather go back to EP than have Noble Victories.

:| I highly disagree with that statement, but anyway...

Two boxes...

One blah. No holos.

One with a full art Thunderus EX. Sold it for 40$ to my friend immediately. WHOO, "free" boxes!

Back