RMT The Kill Switch

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Introduction
For awhile now, I've been playing on and off, either with Stall or Baton Pass Stall, and it has been fun. Recently, however, I've been wanting to make the game a little more fast paced, so I decided to make a more offensive team, and this is it. While still dedicated to keeping each Pokemon alive as long as possible, it is more for taking the opponent out directly more than chipping the opponent's health down, anyways, have a look!

At a Glance
excadrill.gif
azumarill.gif
landorus-therian.gif
494.gif
chansey.gif
altaria-mega.gif

Up Close
excadrill.gif

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
Excadrill has always been a Pokemon that has thrived, it has been in OU, moved up to Uber, and finally with the weather nerf, has been brought back down to OU again, and it is still good. Bulky Excadrill can take some surprising shots and can fire back some surprising shots. Iron Head takes on annoying fairies (Clefable I'm looking at you) and cleans up what Earthquake can't. Excadrill makes for a good Rapid Spinner, as he causes switches and plenty of opportunities. Toxic is a great move with prediction, hitting bulky mons that try to come in and weakening them.

azumarill.gif

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
Azumarill creates great synergy with the team, being able to cover Landorus-T, Chansey, and Excadrill and punching right back with her own move. Waterfall is probably the most commonly used move, as having 100% accuracy helps more, as well as the occasional flinch. Thanks to Aqua Jet being a priority move, I can usually finish off weakened foes, and even without KOing the opponent, Aqua Jet does good damage in its' own right. Knock Off helps take recovery away from the foe, and having a 120 BP move is very useful. It takes the pressure off the match and makes sure I don't have to rush with taking out the opponent. Play Rough is the final move, taking out pesky Dark and Fighting-types, which is very good because there are powerful Pokemon of each type that can be threatening to this team.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Standard pivot set, Landorus-T works well as a physical wall, Intimidate helps minimize the damage taken. Not only defensively, but offensively Landorus-T is a behemoth. Earthquake dents anything that isn't immune to it. Adding to that, Stone Edge dents anything that Earthquake can't hit. U-turn rounds out Stone Edge and Earthquake, allowing Landorus-T to hit everything in the OU tier for neutral damage at least, and helps keep offensive momentum. Stealth Rock of course, to help deal extra damage.

494.gif

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- Thunder
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast
Victini is a rather amazing Pokemon with alright stats. This little mini nuke's mixed set has a super effective move for nearly every Pokemon in OU. V-Create is a physical move, that, with the addition of STAB, is a 180 BP move. It 2HKOs Chansey and 3HKOs Clefables, and anything else barring Water-types, Dragons, and Rock-types. Thunder covers Flying-types and the Water Pokemon that think they can come in and stop Victini. Glaciate is a very interesting move, because it reduces the opponent's speed, and with prediction, can cripple incoming threats, allowing Victini to possibly win a match it normally couldn't. Focus Blast covers Heatrans, Tyranitars, and anything the above moves can't hit.

chansey.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
One of the oldest Pokemon, Chansey is still also one of the most viable. Chansey does her job well as a cleric, and often she does her job. Thunder Wave eliminates faster Pokemon, letting my slower Pokemon move first. Seismic Toss makes sure Chansey has a decent attack, isn't just Taunt bait, and breaks Substitutes with ease. Soft-Boiled is for recovery.

altaria-mega.gif

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake
Mega Altaria is very interesting, being a Dragon-type immune to Dragon-type moves. Mega Altaria is also more powerful, having base 110 in Atk, Def, and Sp. Atk with 105 Sp. Def. Thanks to these great stats, Mega Altaria is suitable as an amazing mixed attacker. Altaria isn't even fazed by Heatran, Earthquake hits him very hard, scaring the magma quadruped away. Hyper Voice is the main move used by Altaria, blasting away Dragons, Rotom-W, and really anything that isn't Steel or Poison. Fire Blast gets rid of the Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and other Steel-types people cockily bring out. Roost finishes off the set, giving Mega Altaria longevity throughout the game.

Exportable:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- V-create
- Thunder
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Last edited:
This team looks great overall and would be perfect but there are 2 ground types, 2 fairy types, 2 flying types and 2 water types. All these pokemon might be great on their own but offer a LOT OF weaknesses. I'd suggest switch Rotom and Landorus. Switch Landorus for either Scizor, Tyranitar or (personally I'd choose) Talonflame:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

For Rotom-Wash, I'd give you Raikou as a special sweeper and/or cleaner:
Raikou @ Sitrus Berry
Evs: 152 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 100 HP
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Subsitute

Tell me if I helped! :)

This team looks great overall and would be perfect but there are 2 ground types, 2 fairy types, 2 flying types and 2 water types. All these pokemon might be great on their own but offer a LOT OF weaknesses. I'd suggest switch Rotom and Landorus. Switch Landorus for either Scizor, Tyranitar or (personally I'd choose) Talonflame:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

For Rotom-Wash, I'd give you Raikou as a special sweeper and/or cleaner:
Raikou @ Sitrus Berry
Evs: 152 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 100 HP
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Subsitute

Tell me if I helped! :)
Thanks for taking the time to post your input! However, I find the type combination just fine, as everyone covers each other surprisingly well, the only annoyance I've had so far is Venusaur, just because I have nothing that can hit it hard (other than that it's just annoying). Landorus-T is valuable to the team too, I really don't want to replace him, and your suggestions would make me more vulnerable to M-Diancie. I do agree that I could switch out Rotom-W, but Rotom-W makes a very good pivot, and sees a lot of use.

Great team overall. It is covering a large portion of the metagame and the team seems to be easy to use. (Good old lando-Rotom-W combo). Why did you decide to go with DD Altaria and not special or mixed one? Seems like it would help against Skarmory and other physical defensive Pokemon since you have no special attacker on your team. (I can't consider Rotom-w as a special attacker really). Or maybe replace Rotom-W for Raikou which is a great bulky offensive pivot with AV. If so I would give Azumarill Choice Band to punch holes early on so Altaria may have easier time to attempt a sweep.

Great team overall. It is covering a large portion of the metagame and the team seems to be easy to use. (Good old lando-Rotom-W combo). Why did you decide to go with DD Altaria and not special or mixed one? Seems like it would help against Skarmory and other physical defensive Pokemon since you have no special attacker on your team. (I can't consider Rotom-w as a special attacker really). Or maybe replace Rotom-W for Raikou which is a great bulky offensive pivot with AV. If so I would give Azumarill Choice Band to punch holes early on so Altaria may have easier time to attempt a sweep.
I wanted an offensive edge, and Mega Altaria's unique typing and stats made him the prime candidate, but I think I'll try a support or mixed set, even as good as DD Altaria has been. The only thing I don't like is that then this would mean my only true answer to Steel-types is a Fairy-type. Also I have been wanting to get rid of Washtom, as having two water-types is kinda redundant, but I haven't found a good replacement yet. I've tried Raikou, and it just doesn't perform as well as I need it to.

Yanmega would be great against Venusaur you know. Air Slash with a bit of luck will KO him in no time. He won't do anything to attack back and you'll also get a great special attacker. She's a huge threat with Speed Boost.

Yanmega would be great against Venusaur you know. Air Slash with a bit of luck will KO him in no time. He won't do anything to attack back and you'll also get a great special attacker. She's a huge threat with Speed Boost.
Thanks again for your input! However, Yanmega would also make me more vulnerable, as it has a crippling SR weakness, and with SR both defensive and offensive Mega Venusaur 1HKO you, and without it, you both 2HKO eachother anyways.

Update: So far changing Rotom-W to Victini has been a good decision, as everyone thinks it's Choice Band and never sees Glaciate hit than me changing to the proper move. It's weird, I find myself more often than not using Glaciate more than any other move. V-Create eats up Chanseys and certain Clefable. It's also really good with handling Talonflame surprisingly, as for some reason I guess people aren't investing speed on most sets that I've come across (outside of Choice items or offensive SD). It also deals with Landorus-T really well, as most are also slower than Victini, and regardless, they suffer a speed drop, letting Victini either get the KO or make the next Pokemon they bring in slower.

Changing Mega Altaria's moveset has its own ups and downs. Rotom-W and Clefable become even easier to get rid of, but Mega Medicham and Lopunny are harder to play around.

Back