Collecting The Jumbo Card Collection

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Was just wondering, are therre people out there who collect the giant promo cards? I have enough for 1/6th of a deck, myself, and they're mostly all my favourite Pokémon :) tmp_8364-IMG_20150621_134544-1270637930.jpg

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I have a lot of the giant promos myself. Not that Yveltal though or the Xerneas counterpart. Or that Shadow Lugia.

I kind of dislike the fact that some of these jumbo promos are basically only over in Europe

Hemos

I have a lot of the giant promos myself. Not that Yveltal though or the Xerneas counterpart. Or that Shadow Lugia.

I kind of dislike the fact that some of these jumbo promos are basically only over in Europe

Yeah, i do like my birds and dragons/draconic birds.

I guess they must think is we'd hurt ourselves with the figures, which is ANNOYING. I want to get that Mega Rayquaza figure, but I'll probably have to import it from the states.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I know the feeling. When I finally decide to do so I'll have to import Yveltal, Xerneas, Kyogre and Groudon cards from the UK. Last I looked I knew where to get them I just haven't done it.

Hemos

I know the feeling. When I finally decide to do so I'll have to import Yveltal, Xerneas, Kyogre and Groudon cards from the UK. Last I looked I knew where to get them I just haven't done it.

The only places I could try to recommend getting UK Pokémon TCG items on import would be sites like Magic Madhouse or Chaos Cards, but I don't know if either of those stores ship outside of the UK and Ireland. It's always worth a try, though.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again

I dislike the fact that it'd cost me over £1500 to go to Worlds.

Truth is, Pokemon is always screwing over a region no matter what it does.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Sweet, very nice collection! :) My favourite Jumbo card that I own is a Darkrai & Cresselia Legend. The Legend cards are so beautiful that it's really nice to have all of the artwork in one.

Hemos

I dislike the fact that it'd cost me over £1500 to go to Worlds.

Truth is, Pokemon is always screwing over a region no matter what it does.

Yeah, the TCG in Ireland is kind of a black spot. Doesn't help that I'm here more than the UK, so I end up falling behind on collecting cards and taking part in events. I still remember the one time I got an invite to Regionals (or Nationals, I forget which one), and due to plans I had to decline, only time it's happened and I've never had a chance since then :(

Sweet, very nice collection! :) My favourite Jumbo card that I own is a Darkrai & Cresselia Legend. The Legend cards are so beautiful that it's really nice to have all of the artwork in one.

My favorite would have to be the Shadow Lugia. Might tie with the Shiny Mega Rayquaza when I eventually get my hands on it.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
The only places I could try to recommend getting UK Pokémon TCG items on import would be sites like Magic Madhouse or Chaos Cards, but I don't know if either of those stores ship outside of the UK and Ireland. It's always worth a try, though.

Chaos cards is the place I'd go through, I have done so before, they ship internationally thankfully.

Hemos

Chaos cards is the place I'd go through, I have done so before, they ship internationally thankfully.

I can vouch for that, I've ordered through them before (though sometimes it's through their eBay store), and their service is pretty good.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Cool Jumbo's :)

Been having a hard time lately here in the states buying them in stores then pulling them out and there already damaged somehow.

Also *bro-hoof* /) Nice comic you got there :)

Hemos

Cool Jumbo's :)

Been having a hard time lately here in the states buying them in stores then pulling them out and there already damaged somehow.

Also *bro-hoof* /) Nice comic you got there :)

Sounds like they aren't taking good care of them then :(

*Bro-hoofs back* (\ Thanks :p

TheStrictNein

I can vouch for that, I've ordered through them before (though sometimes it's through their eBay store), and their service is pretty good.

Can concur, Chaos Cards have always been pretty good and when I did have an issue (only sent half my crate and the packs were water damaged by the courier) I had replacements within the week.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Hello, I'm new here.
They should make Trainer and Energy cards in jumbo size so that you can build a deck using only jumbo cards XD
Yes, Chaos Cards ships worldwide; I live in Canada and I have ordered from them.

Hemos

Hello, I'm new here.
They should make Trainer and Energy cards in jumbo size so that you can build a deck using only jumbo cards XD
Yes, Chaos Cards ships worldwide; I live in Canada and I have ordered from them.

I don't see why they shouldn't, I know with the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG they've done some giant card-themed events and giveaways (I do remember seeing giant-sized versions of cards like Monster Reborn at least once about a decade ago when I played that game at some events as part of a 'how to play' thing), so having jumbo versions of Energy and Trainer/Supporter cards isn't that far fetched.

level80snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't really care much for the giant cards until getting my first one. Picked up a Rayquaza box cheap today and the giant card is really nice!
The holo effect matches the regular sized card which is a nice touch, how do you all store/keep these cards though? Can't fit them in a binder, anyone tried framing them?
Rayquaza Giant.png

TheStrictNein

I didn't really care much for the giant cards until getting my first one. Picked up a Rayquaza box cheap today and the giant card is really nice!
The holo effect matches the regular sized card which is a nice touch, how do you all store/keep these cards though? Can't fit them in a binder, anyone tried framing them?
View attachment 8558

If you find a binder that is designed to hold A4 documents in sleeves, then you can easily fit the cards into those sleeves.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
My local game/card shop that hosts Pokemon TCG tournaments raffles off goodies to the players pretty much every tournament (great TO). One time the prize was 2 jumbo base set Pikachu cards in jumbo top loaders (one for each player in the pairing). Me and my opponent were 1 number off :(