Collecting The Jumbo Card Collection

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Hemos, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Was just wondering, are therre people out there who collect the giant promo cards? I have enough for 1/6th of a deck, myself, and they're mostly all my favourite Pokémon :) tmp_8364-IMG_20150621_134544-1270637930.jpg

2. I have a lot of the giant promos myself. Not that Yveltal though or the Xerneas counterpart. Or that Shadow Lugia.

I kind of dislike the fact that some of these jumbo promos are basically only over in Europe

Reggie McGigas likes this.
  3. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Yeah, i do like my birds and dragons/draconic birds.

I guess they must think is we'd hurt ourselves with the figures, which is ANNOYING. I want to get that Mega Rayquaza figure, but I'll probably have to import it from the states.

4. I know the feeling. When I finally decide to do so I'll have to import Yveltal, Xerneas, Kyogre and Groudon cards from the UK. Last I looked I knew where to get them I just haven't done it.

5. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

The only places I could try to recommend getting UK Pokémon TCG items on import would be sites like Magic Madhouse or Chaos Cards, but I don't know if either of those stores ship outside of the UK and Ireland. It's always worth a try, though.

6. TheStrictNein Has tried turning it off and on again
    TheStrictNein

I dislike the fact that it'd cost me over £1500 to go to Worlds.

Truth is, Pokemon is always screwing over a region no matter what it does.

7. Athena The Cooler Danchou
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

Sweet, very nice collection! :) My favourite Jumbo card that I own is a Darkrai & Cresselia Legend. The Legend cards are so beautiful that it's really nice to have all of the artwork in one.

8. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Yeah, the TCG in Ireland is kind of a black spot. Doesn't help that I'm here more than the UK, so I end up falling behind on collecting cards and taking part in events. I still remember the one time I got an invite to Regionals (or Nationals, I forget which one), and due to plans I had to decline, only time it's happened and I've never had a chance since then :(

My favorite would have to be the Shadow Lugia. Might tie with the Shiny Mega Rayquaza when I eventually get my hands on it.

9. Chaos cards is the place I'd go through, I have done so before, they ship internationally thankfully.

10. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

I can vouch for that, I've ordered through them before (though sometimes it's through their eBay store), and their service is pretty good.

11. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

Cool Jumbo's :)

Been having a hard time lately here in the states buying them in stores then pulling them out and there already damaged somehow.

Also *bro-hoof* /) Nice comic you got there :)

12. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Sounds like they aren't taking good care of them then :(

*Bro-hoofs back* (\ Thanks :p

13. TheStrictNein Has tried turning it off and on again
    TheStrictNein

Can concur, Chaos Cards have always been pretty good and when I did have an issue (only sent half my crate and the packs were water damaged by the courier) I had replacements within the week.

14. The-Kaiser Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
    The-Kaiser

Yeah I'm assuming at what ever factory their made at has some severe QC issues.

15. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

Probably, but I've never had any problems with the jumbo cards I've gotten.

The-Kaiser likes this.
  16. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

Hello, I'm new here.
    They should make Trainer and Energy cards in jumbo size so that you can build a deck using only jumbo cards XD
    Yes, Chaos Cards ships worldwide; I live in Canada and I have ordered from them.

17. Hemos The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
    Hemos

I don't see why they shouldn't, I know with the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG they've done some giant card-themed events and giveaways (I do remember seeing giant-sized versions of cards like Monster Reborn at least once about a decade ago when I played that game at some events as part of a 'how to play' thing), so having jumbo versions of Energy and Trainer/Supporter cards isn't that far fetched.

18. level80snorlax Aspiring Trainer
    level80snorlax

I didn't really care much for the giant cards until getting my first one. Picked up a Rayquaza box cheap today and the giant card is really nice!
    The holo effect matches the regular sized card which is a nice touch, how do you all store/keep these cards though? Can't fit them in a binder, anyone tried framing them?
    Rayquaza Giant.png

19. TheStrictNein Has tried turning it off and on again
    TheStrictNein

If you find a binder that is designed to hold A4 documents in sleeves, then you can easily fit the cards into those sleeves.

level80snorlax likes this.
  20. Pinecone A Pinecone on the Beach
    Pinecone

My local game/card shop that hosts Pokemon TCG tournaments raffles off goodies to the players pretty much every tournament (great TO). One time the prize was 2 jumbo base set Pikachu cards in jumbo top loaders (one for each player in the pairing). Me and my opponent were 1 number off :(

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?