• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Iron Curtain (Melmetal TT / Aegislash / Mismagius)

Yog

Rogue
n5FHJpQ.png

It's been a while since I've posted a rogue deck. A while since I played at all in fact, and I came back to find fire on top of the meta. Perfect time to play Metal so. :D

I would like some help deciding what to cut, so I can add cards that'd up the T1 consistency.

I wanted to take advantage of the combination of dusk stone Mismagius with Lt. Surge, to try establish a strong set-up. Of the other dusk stone candidates, Aegislash was the most appealing to me. So I've built a deck around opening with Lucario/Melmetal's GX-attack to reduce damage by 30. Building to Aegislash to reduce by 40. Add Brock's frying pan and it's a further 30 reduced, and weakness cancelled to boot. If all goes well, you can be blocking 100 damage at a time, even on the bench.

Here is my current list:
SCDhKUb.png

Or in textual format for those that prefer;
Pokémon
3 Lucario/Melmetal TTGX (UNB 120)
2-2-2 Royal Guard Aegislash (TEU 109)
2-2 Mysterious Message Mismagius (UNB 78)
1 Stellar Wish Jirachi (TEU 99)

Supporters
2 Lt. Surge’s Strategy
4 Cynthia
2 Guzma
1 Tate & Liza
2 Bill’s Analysis
3 Pokégear 3.0

Trainer Cards
4 Nest Ball
2 Ultra Ball
4 Dusk Stone
2 Switch
1 Escape Rope
2 Escape Board
4 Metal Frying Pan
1 Field Blower
2 Mt. Coronet

Energy
4 DCE
6 Metal

The ideal first turn is to go second, and get the tagteam into the active with a DCE attached. Jirachi with an escape board or Mismagius to disappear herself away. Should you get stuck with Honedge, you can at least try stall for energy on a coinflip attack. Try to Mismagius into a Surge/Pokegear, and from there you get two supporters to set yourself up.
Use the GX attack asap probably, although hitting for 50 and attaching an energy can be valid in certain scenarios. Get some Honedge to bench.

By dusk-stoning to Mismagius early, you are put at an immediate prize disadvantage. This allows you use Lt. Surge in the early game to set up your stocky defense, and to but some time to get energies on and evolve the Aegislash. You probably only want to use one of your Mysterious Message, to keep right with the prize trade. This plus eventually losing you TT will put you at -4, so you are relying on keeping both Aegislash alive later.

Biggest issues:
  • Turns where you don't get the T1 you want.
  • Fire is strong in the meta right now, and you're only ever a field blower away from regaining weakness to it.
  • No hand shuffle effects on opponent (Judge etc.)
  • Jirachi helps a lot with consistency, but that leads to a lot of dedicated switching cards, since the main attackers have fat retreat costs.
  • Expensive attacks leave it a bit suspect to energy denial decks.
  • One Acerola would be a great 61st card.

Alternate Options:
51ieHqv.png

• Cobalion is a great add if/when conditions take over the meta.
  • I tried an zerg-rush 4-Jasmine build, but unfortunately a cluster of pokémon early is not all that essential, and it's a dead card for the rest of the game. Useful in a build with more Cobalion/Dugtrio support.
  • I used a thin 1-0-1 line of Bastiodon for quite some time, and it's hilarious. Unfortunately there's not enough Special Energy in the Meta to really justify it. Outside of Whimsicott which is an auto-win, and Zoroark decks which will struggle to hit numbers on you anyway.
  • The current Mt. Coronet is mostly there for the sake of knocking away Prism stadiums, so Power Plant could be better in a lot of situations. Mt. Coronet helps a lot with energy denial decks though, which is a bit of a weak spot here, and even just allows you use energy as Ultra ball fodder if needed.
  • Lastly, Dugtrio further reduces damage, but becomes a target in itself, as well as clogging up the chances of opening like you'd want.

I think most cards explain themselves here, so I won't go through every single thing. What I'd like is someone to cast an expert eye over my counts - particularly items and supporters - and see how you might change the build if it was yourself. It performs pretty damn good online, but when you do lose, you usually lose badly.

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Why not use the honedge that puts 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponents pokemon if your opponent knocks it out?