The Hunger Games - Catching Fire

phenom98

charizard rules!
Well as in the title I want to ask your opinions on catching fire and what you hope to see in the movie coming this October 22!!! Personally I can't wait for the movie and will definitely be going to the midnight premier. I love josh hutcherson!!!!

So what are you thoughts. You can see the trailer on YouTube. It is pretty epic looking:)

*Please Remember to use
tags for any plot-related content!* ~ Jay

RE: Hunger Games Catching Fire

I for one just hope they don't screw up the ending again. How do you make spoilers?

zappy800 said:
I for one just hope they don't screw up the ending again. How do you make spoilers?

This is a particularly important point.
If they screw up the last line, then EVERY HG fangirl will want to kill the person responsible.
I have an idea of how they could do it:
-Gale comforting Katniss
-Katniss asks Gale about District 12
-Screen goes black
-Gale's voice: "Katniss, there is no District 12"
-Credits
(I hold no blame if anyone reads that and dislikes the spoiler in there)

That aside, the film is shaping up to be one of my faves this year.
I love the casting decisions (Jena Malone is THE perfect Johanna), the filming looks great, and I absolutely love the small details (Effie looking sadly at Katniss when she's reaped for the second time).
Jennifer Lawrence's acting looks a-mazing as usual. (I wouldn't be surprised if Catching Fire - or Mockingjay part1 or 2 for that matter - got her more Oscar nominations)

I hate to be the one person who nitpicks all the little things about the movie, but the first film really annoyed me with all the changes it made. The worst offense, in my mind, is the scene with the muttations. They were just wild dogs, instead of the wolf-beasts engineered to look like each of the dead tributes. Where's the fun in that?

....but regardless, I'll still be at the movie theater in October. Lets just hope it's a bit more accurate this time.

And P.DelSlayer, that ending would be masterfully perfect.

TwistedTurtwig said:
I hate to be the one person who nitpicks all the little things about the movie, but the first film really annoyed me with all the changes it made. The worst offense, in my mind, is the scene with the muttations. They were just wild dogs, instead of the wolf-beasts engineered to look like each of the dead tributes. Where's the fun in that?

....but regardless, I'll still be at the movie theater in October. Lets just hope it's a bit more accurate this time.

And P.DelSlayer, that ending would be masterfully perfect.

Unfortunately I can't stop making fun of katniss's choices in the movie the book was way better.

This is the only movie (that is a sequel) that I've been hyped for all year. I'm actually considering seeing it in October which is unheard of for me (I usually wait a couple months until the movies move into a cheaper theater).

dmaster out.

TwistedTurtwig said:

I so agree! I loved that touch in the book, it really made you feel a bit ... I dunno the word, but it just gave an emotion.
With the film, it's just large dogs.

I also thought the scene where Katniss and Peeta threatened to eat the Nightlock berries was really inconclusive. In the book, they actually had the berries in their mouths before they were told to stop, but in the film they only raised them to their mouths.

I can be really nitpicky about the film for someone who considers themself a Hunger-Games-Obsessed.

I really didn't like the way the first film attempted to emulate the events of the novel, but I will definitely attent this sequel to see if it's any better. Perhaps not a midnight premier, but ill definitely watch it within the first couple weeks of it's release.

I loved the books and the first movie, so I'm definitely looking forward to Catching Fire. Despite the nitpicks, I think the movie was actually a very faithful rendition, and the casting and design really brought the world and characters to life. Some of the changes (such as showing scenes from District 11 instead of focusing solely on Katniss's point of view, for example) actually strengthened the movie in my eyes. I'm so glad this is not being released in 3D so I'll be able to see it shortly after it comes out.

ok some stuff

there have been new trailers released - we've seen some Arena footage, including Katniss shooting an arrow at the force field, the monkey mutts, and a small part of the tidal wave

we also have confirmation that the film ends with the same line as the book - now all we have to do is hope they don't mess up the screen

Only 17 more days!!!1 (well, for us UK-ers at least)

So frickin' hyped. ERMAHGEERD

I really loved the books! The movie was like, amazing for the first couple of times I saw it, but then I realized it lacked a little... something. I don't really know.

From what I know so far is that we'll see the movie in the beginning of December here in Finland. Definitely a movie I wanna go see with my friend I went to see the last one with too. ;3

I still gotta see the first one.

As someone who works at a theater it's kind of ironic that I don't see too many big name movies. (Downside s that if a movie is terrible according to people, I really don't wanna give it a watch, but from checking I can honestly see WHY people hate The Counselor) Though I did see Thor: The Dark World yesterday~

I gotta give the first Hunger Games a watch to see if it gets my interest. c'B It looks great though.

I'm not a fan of the changes from the book, however do not forget that 99% of books adapted in films underwent changes and cuts. To expect a strict book-following movie is kinda utopian.
Anyway, Catching Fire was my least favorite among the books but I'm curious to see how they will adapt it. The arena timed events are numerous and some of them are harder to produce, so I doubt they'll keep all of them intact.

I think it'll be cool. I read all the books and saw the first movie on opening day with a friend. I'll be doing the same thing, hopefully!

So I went to see the film last nite and I have to say:

It. Was. Brilliant.

They were very close to the book, aside from these few points I noted:
-Bonnie & Twill telling Katniss their theory of District 13; this is probably the part I felt should most have been included.
-Katniss didn't fall out of the tree and onto the ice; this is only minor and doesn't have a huge impact on the storyline.
-Plutarch Heavensbee's Mockingjay watch - this doesn't have a huge impact on the overall plot, it's more a hint to Katniss about the way the arena is set up.

I loved the book quotes they used, and the acting was brilliant (particularly Jena Malone who did an amazing job of Johanna)

the only thing I would've changed is the ending, with it just going to a blackout and then Gale saying his line.

I saw the movie the night before it was officially released and I loved it!!!!! Peeta was as hot as ever!

I must say, I rather enjoyed the movie. I loved how they portrayed Mags and how they did the clock arena. In general I was kind of scared that they were going to change the whole lightning tree and the barrier things, but happily they didn't. P.S. The Morphling's death is the only one I teared up at.

Went to see the movie this week, having only watched part of the first movie and never having read the books.

I still really liked it. Much more than I thought I would, in fact.

P.DelSlayer said:
-Plutarch Heavensbee's Mockingjay watch - this doesn't have a huge impact on the overall plot, it's more a hint to Katniss about the way the arena is set up.
Evidently they filmed it and planned to include it, but they thought it made it too obvious. From a Reddit AMA with the director...
There's a very easy reason. We shot the watch, we tried the watch in the cut, and we took it out. Because we don't have the option of having Katniss wonder and doubt the meaning of the watch in the film, it becomes way too clear what the watch means in the movie, and that would have been a mistake.

I liked it! I won't give any spoilers but how the movie ended has me not wanting to wait long for the other. I suggest paying attention throughout the movie. :)

I went and saw it with the gf and a group of friends. I don't follow the series, but it was an ok movie.

Back