The HeartGold and SoulSilver TCG Disscussion Thread

PheonyxXx

The Answer To All Is Q
Ok since I just got back into pokemon tcg, I just finally understood how to use the lv.x's but what is this whole new thing with the primes. Granted I do have 1 ex as I saw people talking about it on the front page and how the primes compare. But I got my ex on mistake by buying out of date packs when I just started again. So how do these Primes work exactly? I still don't fully understand the legend cards either.

Pokeplayer44

Down with the Metagame.
I think that depending on player experience, and what cards people like to play, this set may be extremely popular, or a total flop. I like the double colorless coming back, and I'll probably pick up a few for myself when they come out. DCE will help many slow decks speed up and make a comeback (if they were ever popular). :p

Shiny Weavile

Black Ice
I look forward to building a deck based around Crobat PRIME. Crobat is one of my favourite pokemon anyway and that 40 damage a turnm poison is crazy

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Crobat Prime is being set off until the 2nd HGSS set. :( Same with Ursaring.

RareCandyAwesomeness

Om nom nom
Anyone want to mention Jumpluff?

I created a Jumpluff deck a couple of weeks ago (printing out the jap cards though) and it's amazaing. With Shaymin Land X and e-belt. Possible 140 damage and 150 health. It can easily get 50-100 damage by T-1, it's really amazing and overlooked. The only problem is it's x2 weakness to fire, but Exploud counter's that perfectly.

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
However, if you don't go second, you will need back up as the basic form of Jumpluff is major Gengar bait due to its low HP.

chefz11

Latias???
Thanks for all the commetnts! I will be playing BlissPhan for states. (Blissey prime and Donphan prime) if I can get the cards.

INFERNAPE112892

hidding with my buddy gengar
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NO CROBAT OR RAICHU PRIME LAME HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO HAVE EVEN ROTATIONS WITH THEM DOING THIS UGH!!!

Tone down on the Caps as it makes it look like you're screaming to some people.

dmaster out.

Shining Rotom

Do the Chillarmy dance!
What do you guys think the types from the theme decks are?

I think;

Mind Flood (Feraligatr) {P} & {W}
Ember Spark (Typhlosion) {R} & {L}
Growth Clash (Meganium) {G} & {F}

And also what holo's? And the uncommon Stage2 starters? Or are they gonna be rare?

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
The names strongly suggest that Mind Flood is {W}{P} and Ember Spark is {R}{L}, but there's no telling what Growth Clash is, except that it's {G} and something else, or nothing else. but {G}{F} does seem likely. There are no {D} or {M} pokemon in the set so that would cover each kind of energy.

chitownkid

Aspiring Trainer
Shining Rotom said:
And also what holo's? And the uncommon Stage2 starters? Or are they gonna be rare?
Yeah I think they'll change the uncommon Stage 2 starters in rares and the holo's will be exclusive to the theme decks. I also wonder how they are releasing 004/L-P - 009/L-P. Hopefully in they put them in the set.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/HeartGold_%26_SoulSilver_Blister_announced