The HeartGold and SoulSilver TCG Disscussion Thread

chefz11

Latias???
Here you can talk about the new set, HGSS!

Deck ideas, regular talk about the trainers pokemon and the awesome energy being released next set.

FIRST POST! I personally love this set, and I like how Pichu is the Prerelease card (As I'm a fan of Pichu).

EDIT: Awww... I just found out that we're missing Ursaring Prime, Crobat Prime, Raichu Prime, and Slowking Prime... (the latter two are not from the main set)

eh, not much i care about in his set but trainers. DCE gonna make things semi-fun. other than that it's meh

It's OK. I'm gonna like the Legend cards, but the "Prime" cards are lame IMO. They should've just gone back to ex's instead.

Why? No, every time they do something new, so now they are Primes. Primes ARE EXs, but without that double prize bonus thing, because if an EX had expert belt, the opponent would take 4 PRIZES. NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.

BUT. I like this set. Gonna miss Crobat and Ursaring, love those 2. Crobat will be game breaking once Unown G goes away...

^Actually, an E-Belted Ex would only give 3 prizes, not 4.
On topic: I´m probably going to play Plox again. DCE will make it faster, and Slowking is very disruptive with Psychic Lock.

Edit: about the ex thing, now that I think about it, maybe an E-Belted ex only gives 2 prizes. The way it´s worded makes it seem like the number of prizes taken is set in 2. Not sure about that.

I hope that they dont print the stupid energy cards as Rev holos. It would really suck for us collectors, its hard enough to find a specific rev holo for a set much less the odds decreasing because of worthless energy cards.

Yeah but who doesn't love shiny energy in their decks? :D Players would like it a lot more than collectors.

I don't like having the shiny energy in my deck. I think it just looks dumb why have all holo energy if the rest of the deck isn't, especially since once the energy is in play no one will see it since it has to be played underneath the pokemon card it is attached to so there is no way to show it off.

It only has to be touching the pokemon a bit it can stick out as much or as little as you want in any direction as long as it's under the pokemon at least a bit.

This set is getting underhyped IMO. I think this set has a lot of interesting new ideas and will add a lot to the metagame. This set is so cool, I'm going to start hardcore collecting when it comes out.

I agree I think everyone is vastly underestimating the postential in this set. It has so many new strategies it introduces, and helps out some old ones too.

Yeah I think it's a great game-changing set, and because of that and since I have a lot of X-mas money and soon b-day money I'm gonna try to complete it, which I've never done with a set before. That binder's perfect.

Can someone help me understand how Donphan Prime is a great card to most people? I'm kinda new to Pokemon TCG and can't figure it out myself : ( what am I missing?

^^^Possible T1 80 damage (with expert belt) as well as a -20 protection which gives Donphan a virtual 160 HP (120, +20 belt, +20 pokebody)

I like the set a lot, and the DCE is probably my favorite addition to the metagame. SO many new decks are going to be viable IMO, and I can't wait to see what gets big.

Donphan can also be made even more powerful by throwing in Nidoqueen RR and healing off the damage to your bench each turn.

I like the new set, I think DCE will open up a bunch of overlooked cards and help out my current obsession, Burmy, being a little better.

Now, as far as everything else, I see Energy manipulation will be a bigger deal. Ampharos Prime does the Connectivity thing, plus Lightning Crush on him is a big deal. We have Rain Dance coming back from Base Set on Feraligatr Prime, Leaf Trans getting another reprint on Meganium Prime, Heat Reveal (Discard a {f} to draw 3), Fire Destruction on Typhlosion Prime (80, discard an energy on Typhlosion and on the defending pokemon). I could keep going, but there's a lot. Believe me, I believe that'll be a new trick that everyone will have to work around and learn how to deal with in the next set. That can cripple a lot of decks, especially SP's (Energy Gain or not), as well as disrupt a lot of other ones.

GHJamesGH said:
This set is getting underhyped IMO. I think this set has a lot of interesting new ideas and will add a lot to the metagame. This set is so cool, I'm going to start hardcore collecting when it comes out.

I know what you mean. Every time a new set comes out most people say the set is only "meh". You people are tooooo picky!
What does it take to please you all? HG/SS has great cards.
DCE for starters. It will make Garchomp C Lv X better and Palkia G Lv X better too. It will flat out speed up many pokemon.
But for this set, I think the part that people dont like is the game shift. The entire teir of decks and what not will change. Evolution decks will be awesome again and SP pokemon.....well, I dont know what will happen. They could get better or worse.

Koppee said:
Can someone help me understand how Donphan Prime is a great card to most people? I'm kinda new to Pokemon TCG and can't figure it out myself : ( what am I missing?

The basic idea with donphan is you rare candy or bts and attack for 60 damage for only 1 energy.
60 damage for 1 energy = WIN.
Add expert belt and its 80 for 1. Bigger WIN.
Plus, its body reduces damage done to him by 20.

Personally, I think HG/SS will breath new life into Salamence. It now has access to typhlosion great. It allows it to at least attack for 50 on turn 1 or whatever.
Energy accel just got really good for her.

I started testing dontric today. The tric is great, covers your weakness and prevents bench damage

Back