Discussion The Guardian Rising decks you want to play/don't want to play against

Thank you for everyone's help here on this forum, you have all inspired me to get the best deck I can and shoot for the stars!

Thank you for everyone's help here on this forum, you have all inspired me to get the best deck I can and shoot for the stars!

Glad to hear it. Play the deck you have fun playing and enjoy your time with the people that you meet. Pokemon is fun and ive met some amazing people playing this game we love.

For the topic at hand; there's actually a number of decks I really want to try out with the addition of Guardians Rising:

1. Lycanroc/Carbink

Lycanroc is a huge favorite new pokemon of mine from Sun/Moon, so seeing that both forms are potentially viable is super exciting to me.

2. Lurantis/Bulu

I built a Lurantis/Plume deck that kinda crashed and burned, so, seeing another viable option for Lurantis is exciting.

3. Garbodor

Easily the most absurd non-GX card I've seen in a while; I'm definitely gonna try and fiddle with this guy.

EDIT:

OH RIGHT, how could I forget Vikavolt GX?! He was a bit underwhelming to me at first, but, after thinking about it I could see it working really well with an Eels engine in expanded, and just slapping Electrode onto him in Standard. Potentially splash Tapu Koko in there so you fast swap if Vika gets heavy damage? Not to mention it just destroys Shaymins and Mega Ray if you slap a wide lens on it.

Last edited:
I know for a fact that I am going to build either Lurantis/Bulu/Golisopod, Sylveon/M Gardevoir, or Koko/Vikavolt/Eelektrik...

I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH COULD BE BETTER!

But I guess it depends on my pulls and my budget I guess :3

[EDIT] or even Lele/Lunaala... Guardians Rising is going to be a very competitively strong set people!

Last edited:
I feel like Sylveon instantly makes the eeveelutions decks much better. You can guarantee 220 damage with weakness.

Lele seems good in Mega Ray and Mega Garde to search for hex or whatever you want.

Toxapex will be fun or really annoying. 100 poison damage between turns! Maybe with garbodor to clean up when they have used up all their items.

Hey guys I'm back, would y'all say its worth start buying cards for a deciplume or is there any chance of the deck dying by them GUR is out?

this really isn't a thread about sun/moon decks like decidueye/vileplume, but as I previously said, FOGP item lock decks will be a staple feature of this format until FOGP/Vileplume rotate in September and will likely continue to be relevant in expanded.

When buying cards, rotation isn't necessarily something you should worry too much about, a lot of events run expanded and at least where I am most of the casuals at local stores are expanded. Plus FOGP/Vileplume are like a couple of bucks for a playset, the only expensive cards in a decidueye deck are decidueye at about $10-12 and Shaymins which run $40-60 depending on the local market.

Back