Discussion The Greninja GX betting thread

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
I am bored as hell, really curios about Greninja GX since I like snipe Pokémons, so care to join me in this totally pointless thread?
What do you expect from this card?
We had a little sneak peak, go in the news section for a 2 pixel photo of the card.
Thumbs up to those who can predict closely enough what it does :v

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
Sure, I'll take a crack. Greninja has a history of low-cost, interesting-effect attacks, but I *think* both its regular attack and the GX attack are [W][C][C] from what I can make out? I also think I can make out a 1 retreat cost. The GX attack doesn't seem to have a base damage, but I think I can make out *some* sort of number for the main attack? No idea what it is, but I get the sense it'll be north of 100 base. And I wouldn't be surprised if it continues the new Frogadier's theme to give us our effective "bats" replacement.

Therefore, a guess:

Greninja-GX - Water - HP230
Stage 2 Pokemon-GX - Evolves from Frogadier
Ability: Ninja Strike
When you play this card down to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may place 4 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like.
[W][C][C] Silencing Blow - 130 damage - The Defending Pokemon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.
[W][C][C] Shuriken Storm GX - Discard as many [W] Energy from your hand as you like. For each [W] Energy discarded in this way, choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon and deal 50 damage to it. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokemon.) (You can't use more than one GX attack per game.)
When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
weakness: Grass x2
resistance: none
retreat cost: [C]

I'm sure we'll get the reveal soon enough.

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Greninja-GX - Water - HP230
Stage 2 Pokemon-GX - Evolves from Frogadier

Ability: (Insert Name related to shurikens here)
When you play this card down to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may place 6 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokemon.

[W][C][C] (Insert name here)- 90 damage - You May Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

[W][C][C] (insert GX name here) - This attack does 60 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that have any damage counters on them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokemon.) (You can't use more than one GX attack per game.)

weakness: Grass x2
resistance: none
retreat cost: [C]

BULBASUAR BOIIIIII

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja gx- water- hp 230

Ability (fat shuriken)
As often as you like during your turn you may discard a water energy from your hand. If you do put 6 damage counters on 1 of your opponents Pokemon.

W C C (ninja blade) - 160
You may discard an energy from this Pokemon, if you do put up to 4 energy cards from your discard pile into your hand.

W C C (shuriken gx) For each energy attached to greninja gx put 6 damage counters on 1 of your opponents Pokemon.

Weakness: x2 lighting
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Lets say that since Frogadier has Golbat's Ability, we can assume Greninja has a similar ability to Crobat that will be slightly more powerful, and if so, who would be a good partner in the current standard format for the Frogs?

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
Welp I didn't give mine
As the ability I would expect 4/5 damage counters on a target or divided between multiple targets, 6 or over would be too good as it one shots most basics. Or we could see 2 on every pokemon on the opposite side, would be nice too.
As the attack I would expect a disruptive effect, not preventing attacks as it would be way too op. Maybe it will be a classic snipe, maybe with a twist (100 - 30 divided between the opponent's bench).
The GX I would like to see something that has to do with damage counters.
Something like ''for every damage counter on this pokemon (or maybe the opponent's active), place that many counters on the opponent's pokemon in any way you like''.

BOIIII you version is way too overpowered.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Greninja GX - Water - HP 80
Stage 2 Pokémon GX
Evolves from: Frogadier

Ability - Foreseen Force:
If you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, then you are obviously a Greninja fanboy who only bothers with popular mainstream Pokémon. You are only slightly better than a Gardevoir player. Penalty: this Pokémon is knocked out.

(kidding ofcourse)

Eltyr

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja GX - Water - HP 80
Stage 2 Pokémon GX
Evolves from: Frogadier

Ability - Foreseen Force:
If you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, then you are obviously a Greninja fanboy who only bothers with popular mainstream Pokémon. You are only slightly better than a Gardevoir player. Penalty: this Pokémon is knocked out.

(kidding ofcourse)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Greninja GX - Water - 230HP

Ability - Shuriken Splice:

When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, you may put 4 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Giant Bubble: 90 Damage

Flip a coin, if heads, your opponent's active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

[W][C][C] Anime Logic GX: If your opponent has Charizard in play, they take 6 prize cards, despite you having the clearly superior matchup and breaking the hearts and souls of millions of children as they realise Ash Ketchum can never be a true Pokemon Master.

Otaku

The wise fool?
So the actual card is:

Greninja-GX – Water – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Frogadier

Ability: Wind Shuriken
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.

[WCC] Haze Slash (110)
You may shuffle this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

[WCC] Shadow Assassin GX
This attack does 130 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: [CC]

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What it should be:
Greninja GX-Water-230HP

Ability-Stacking Shuriken
Once during your turn you may search your deck for a Greninja card and put it onto your lap. Then put it into your hand.

[W][C][C]Stacking 90
Rearrange your deck however you want.

[W][C][C] Cheat your way to 3 International Championship Wins GX
Search your deck for $$$ and put it into your hand.

Weakness: Judges (as they are employed by TPCI I guess that means Metal)
Resistance: None
Retreat:4 as you won't budge out of the tournament building.

I hope this doesn't offend all clean Greninja players out there.