Finished The Great Pokébeach Election! ~ Congratulations Lord o da rings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyora

A Cat
Welcome to the 'Beach election! In this game, you will be assigned to 1 of 2 teams (Orange Team and Purple Team). Each team has to come up with a team platform (related to Pokébeach), a swanky slogan, and a leader that will represent the team and try to get their leader elected to be the President of Pokebeach. After signups, there are two main phases to this game: The Primary and General phases.
(Note: the topics your leader will be discussing can be serious, but keep in mind this is a friendly game and NONE of the changes the candidates say they will make will actually happen, unless somehow it is deemed a wonderfulicous idea and actually does happen, in which case, congrats!)
[hr=100][/hr]
Primary Phase

This stage starts after people are assigned to teams (which will be randomized). I will then create a PM including me and all the members of your team. During this stage, you talk about what your party platform, slogan, and leader should be. You may post in-thread if both parties would like to talk about issues publicly. At the end of the primary stage, the parties vote on who their leader should be. This stage is 1 week long.

Primary voting will last for 3 days. People can only vote for a person in their party.
[hr=100][/hr]
General Campaign Phase

In this Phase, the leader of each party campaigns to try and get elected to President of Pokébeach. This is where it gets crazy great: you go all out. Once the General campaign phase starts, try and state all the possible reasons you can of why you should be elected the President of Pokébeach. Answer people's questions, state what great changes you can make to Pokébeach like deleting the Creative Works section adding a friendly new forum or just how awesome you are! And most importantly: argue. Argue with your competitor until they give up (no, you can't, sorry), or you just plain trash on them. But please don't bully or be mean to anyone. This phase lasts 2 weeks. After the end of the week, voting starts!
General election voting will last for 1 week. Anyone, anyone who has 15 or more posts on Pokébeach or is in a party in this game can vote in this stage. Yes, that means almost anyone on Pokébeach can vote! Go get the word out! Use Discord if you have it! Your social media thingys! Now, don't go and bully people into voting, but you're welcome to put a link to the Google Form or this thread in you signature to advertise.

Voting is done through PM or you can choose your vote on a Google Form I will have made by the time Election Day starts. For my convience, please make the title of your PM with @rainyman123 the candidate you are voting for. You can also DM me on Discord at Yνзןτâ| F○г PЦ (rainy)#3060 (You can type it up if you like, but I highly recommend just copy+paste)
[hr=100][/hr]
Sign-Ups:

Sign-Ups end 1 or 2 weeks after this is approved (depends on how long I think it should be)
1.) @NinjaPenguin
2.) @TheSceptileMaster
3.) @Lord o da rings
4.) @Jadethepokemontrainer
5.) @Blakers
6.) @TOTAL_EPICNESS
7.) @GekkisaiDaiNi
8.) @Fiery_Lugia
etc.

[hr=100][/hr]
Questions?:
Q
: All this is cool, but rainy, how do I win?
A: It's a team game, meaning if the person your team voted for wins the presidency, your team wins the game!

Also everyone, a friendly reminder to please follow the Forum Rules, especially those of the Forum Games section. Topics here may get a little heated, so please, play nice, it is just a game. :)

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm going to be without Internet until Monday. Can i still play when i get back?

Nyora

A Cat
The Pokébeach Press - Issue 1 - 50¢
(don't read without giving rainy 50¢)
jk
read at your own risk
Video Game Forums Inactivity
The VG Competitve Play and Pokémon Video Games section have become harshly inactive! The gap between posts in there has been measured to a maximum of fifteen days long! Fifteen days without anyone posting! If this does not stop soon, the VG section of the forums may completely die off, driving some Video Game players away from Pokébeach. Not to mention the inactivity of a rather active VG forums member @Professor Palutena is leading to the VG forums becoming only more and more inactive.

PB Staff Quiting/Fired?
Recently, quite a few of Pokébeach's staff have left the team. Whether it be they got fired or they had to quit for their own personal reasons, some of Pokébeach's members are afraid that the lack of moderation on the forums could lead to more rule breakers, thus creating a less friendly site.

Lack of Creativity in the Forum Games
Recently, some members have complained (either to everyone else or cried about it to themselves) that the Forum Games section is lacking a bit of creativity. Most games run now are Mafia, 10 Variants, or another version of a YPPY. This has led to less and less people joining forum games, which could also explain some of the inactivity we see in games like Forum Mafia.

Masstag:
@NinjaPenguin
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@Fiery_Lugia
@GekkisaiDaiNi
@Lord o da rings
@TOTAL_EPICNESS
@Blakers
@TheSceptileMaster

Also, another friendly reminder to follow the Forum Games rules. Don't insult people. Don't bully. And I forgot to add this to the OP, but, while this may have some serious issues, this is still a game, and games are meant to be fun! Unlike a real election, you can have some fun! Make bad puns! Jokes! Stuffs!
(you can insult me all you want though)

Nyora

A Cat
The Primary Phase is now over! The Purple Team’s candidate is @Blakers candidate and @Lord o da rings is the Orange Team’s candidate! We are now in the General Campagin Phase. In this phase, the teams and their candidate will campaign for your vote! Teams & candidates, it might be in your interests to share this thread with others so they can view the chaos discussion and determine their vote! Again, please follow the rules of the Forum Games, and don’t pressure people into voting either. Good luck! ^w^

Candidates, please make your first campaign statement as soon as spookily possible and also I just remembered a lot of presidents have this little thing called a “vice” president so I will also give until Monday 12:00 AM Central time for you guys to decide who that might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.