Writing The Glory of WonderTrade! Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke

Cypher333

time to run
Wonder Sapphire!
U7aLAAY.png

Banner by 9Tailz​

What an original concept. A playthrough. I did finally figure out how to get it to stop failing at posting. A whole line of alpha symbols was the problem. :/
RULES
  • This is a nuzlocke variant called a wonderlocke. Captured pokemon must be instantly wondertraded.
  • First pokemon in the route must be caught or I have very bad luck and can't catch and use another in that route..
  • If it is shiny (lol like that'll happen) I can catch it and store it instead of WT it.
  • I can catch 1 pokemon after my original battle in each route, but I MUST store it and am not allowed to use it. Same goes for legends: Once caught, they need to be stored.
  • The extra pokemon may NOT be taken out of the box for any reason whatsoever and cannot be traded! Basically they're dead, but special.
  • I can use Party Pokemon, special pokemon (shinies, legends, pokemon given to you, etc.) in contests.
  • Espeon is better than Vaporeon.
Let me know if I forgot anything.​

Well, well, well, what have we here. A young Pokébeach person who likes the video game but doesn’t like challenges. What better torture than to force him to do a challenge? Hehehehehehe....

I was walking down by our state park. I was heading down into its campgrounds, 3DS in hand. I noticed a slight rustling of the bushes next to me. Turning, I peered into a small hole in a tree behind them. ZIFNEWSAJKGAWEKFVERGSKDCQGJAEAADFKVEJRGF KWOERJG WJERKGJOWJFJWIOJFOIWJREIFJIOWJERGOIJIREJGIJERIGJ;IEOWRGJIOERJGIREJGE
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Wait, what just happpened?​

A puddle appears and a drop of dew from the leaf of a nearby plant falls in. A large red creature flies past…

Pokemon
Wonderlocke
Alpha Sapphire

Game: Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of POKéMON! My name is BIRCH. But everyone calls me the POKéMON PROFESSOR. And this… is what we call a....*continues to ramble about Pokémon*
Cypher: Wait… why am I in a truck full of boxes?
Game: What about you? Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?
Cypher: Not happening, I’m a boy. There is no way I’m wearing a skirt.
Game: Will you give me your name, too?
Cypher: Cypher*inputs name*
Game: Ah… I see!
Cypher: Wha… I really hope I can change my hat.
Game: You’re THAT Cypher!
Cypher: o_O I’m not famous… scary.
Game: You’re the one who’s moving to Littleroot Town, where I live.
Cypher: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO
*game powers down after giving some encouragement*

I look up and see that the truck doors have opened. With the light, I see packages and a random doll. What is going on? I walk out of the trailer.

^Littleroot Town^​

Lady: Cypher! You’re here at last!
Cypher: Umm… hi?
Lady: Wasn’t it tough riding in there? The movers have already started placing things inside!
Cypher: Can I go inside please?
Lady: Yes, you’ll love it! :D

(My House)​

Cypher: I don’t like it.
Lady:...Go to your room. Set the time. Now.
Cypher: Fine, jeez!
Lady: NOW!!! D:<

After Mom(aka some lady I don’t know saying I’m her kid) threw me up the stairs, I set the time in fear of more rage. The lady let me know that everything was in downstairs and took me to the main floor.​

Lady: Oh! Cypher! Cypher!!! Quick! Come quickly!
Cypher: WHAT?
Lady: It’s the Petalburg Gym! Maybe Dad will be on TV!
Cypher: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

TV: Interviewer: We brought you this report live from in front of Petalburg Gym. Next up, we bring you a report from an expert about an upcoming meteor shower.
Mom: It’s already over? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY*general, incessant rage*
Mom: Oh, you should check out your neighbor’s house since she’s the professor’s daughter, okay bye.
[align=center]*BOOM*
Cypher was kicked out of (My House)
^Littleroot Town^
Being kicked out on the street, I see the moving van drive away. I walk over next door, and try to open the door since that’s just what you do in this game. Locked. I sat down outside my own house and started playing on my 3DS. Maybe they’ll be home later.
Feedback is appreciated, and so is PMing with who you want to be! I don’t have anyone and might have to resort to just randomly assigning people names. I hope it won’t come to that. You can ask to be anyone you want, as I have no spaces filled.

Yay, WonderLockes! :D I did one for X and I had a blast; when I'm feeling the Pokémon bug again I'll probably do another with AS myself. Hope you have a lot of fun!

Characters taken: Archie, Winona
Characters needed for chapter 2: Prof. Birch/gamemaker/torturer(think PMJ from OneApproved's The Worst of the Worst), Prof. Birch's wife, May, Wally, Norman
Other Characters available: Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson. Flannery, Tate, Liza, Wallace, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Steven, Mr. Briney, Mr. Stone, Lanette, Gabby/commentator 1, Ty/commentator 2, Prof. Cosmo, Rydel, the Winstrate's(only one person), Cpt. Stern, Assorted Team Magma Grunts(2 ppl.), Maxie, Tabitha/Courtney, Matt, Shelly, Nurse Joy, O-Power men, Trick Master, Aarune, Chaz, Lisia, and Zinnia.

If I can't get enough people, I will assign people based on other things I have seen around Pokebeach. For example, avatars, signatures, other playthrough and the like.
Chapter 2 will be up once I get the characters I need. If I don't have everyone for Chapter 2 by Sunday, I will randomly assign for what is left over.

In that case, I'd like to be either May or Prof. Birch. We all know from PB WW that I made an excellent Professor's Assistant after all. :cool:

I've PM'd you with our larger long list to prevent any spoilers if used :>

I have responded. I have the full list now, but if anyone wants to use a different character than what's down or aren't on the list and want a default set character, that's fine.

Got it, Reggie. I guess the "only sent in through PM rule" might as well be out of effect now, since no one follows it anyway.
Hopefully, since school's almost out and were going to be doing practically nothing, I should be able to get this thing moving quickly. :D

CHAPTER 2

^Littleroot Town^

I was sitting out side of my house, as I had been when I had stopped typing, when the lady peeped her head out of the window.

Lady: GO VISIT THEM!

Cypher: Their door’s locked.

Lady: NO IT ISN’T! NOW GO! D:<

Cypher:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RUN AWAY FROM THE CRAZY WOMAN

After that terrifying experience, I promptly walked(read as: ran screaming in fear of my life) over to the house and opened the door.​

^???’s House^​

Professor Light: Oh, hello. And you are?

Cypher:My name’s Cypher. I just moved here.

PL:...

Cypher: Umm… Hello?

PL: Oh, you’re Cypher, our new next-door neighbor! Welcome!

Cypher:I just said that.

PL: We have a daughter about the same age as you.

Cypher: Um, why are you bringing this up?

PL: She has been so excited about making a new friend. She should be in her room upstairs. I hope you’ll go and introduce yourself!

Cypher: Umm… why?

*PL remains silent.

Cypher: Hello?

PL: I do hope you’ll be friends with my daughter. She should be upstairs. Go on up and say hi. You know what? The script can die. So, before you do that, would you care to have a seat? *points to shifty looking bleachers outfitted with many appliances.

Cypher: No thanks.

That was all she would say, so I decided that I might as well head upstairs.​

A girl stood at a desk, apparently being the person I was supposed to meet.​

???: Pokemon fully restored, items all ready, and…!

???:Huh?! Who… are you?

Cypher: I’m your new next door neighbor. Your mother, who is Professor Light for some reason, told me to come up here and meet you.

???:...! Oh! You must be Cypher! Your move was today, huh?

Cypher: Umm… yes, I just told you that!

???: Well, I’m Athena! Glad to meet you!

Athena:I...I actually have this dream of becoming friends with Pokemon all over the world. And then when Dad-oh, I mean (professor)- told me about you moving here, Cypher… Well, I was hoping you would be nice and we could be friends.

Cypher: Okay, sure, why not.

Athena:But that’s crazy, isn’t it. What am I talking about? !(okay, enough with that joke.)

Athena:Oh! I’m supposed to help dad with looking at Pokemon and stuff. Also, I can follow the script really well :3 Bye!

She leaves. I am confused but, doing what comes naturally, decided to dash out of town without a pokemon. As usual, I was stopped. However, the kid didn’t say the usual thing.​

Boy: I hear screaming! Go run out into the dangerous route without a thing to protect yourself to see what’s going on!

Cypher: You mean I actually CAN? YAY!

I dash as quickly as possible. Free at last! Well, more like free for about 5 feet.​

???: HEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLP!

???: Ohey, can you get a pokemon and help me out here? kthnx

Left with no choice, I dash to his bag. I instantly pick my favorite, Treecko. Yay! No stupid rules!​

/\/\/\Battle/\/\/\​

The wild Poochyena attacked!

Cypher sent out Treecko!

*many turns of absorb and tackle spam later*

Wild Poochyena fainted!

End battle.​

???: Hey, thanks. NOW I CAN TORTURE YOU MWAHAHA

Cypher: wut

???: Ahem. My name is Professor Palutena. I hate scripts! That is why I will make this as simple as possible: you’re playing a wonderlocke, you must wondertrade your…

He bantered on and on about this. My sadness (and anger at losing my pokemon) was constantly growing.

Professor Palutena: Understand?

Cypher: *sulking* yes…

PP: Good. To the lab. NOW!

Cypher: No.

PP: *thunder, lightning* GO. TO. THE. LAB. NOW.

Cypher: Okay, okay!

^Prof. Palutena’s Lab^​

PP: So, once you get the playnav, you need to wondertrade all of your captured pokemon. Now, go and see my daughter on route 103. She should be catching pokemon for me. And before you say no…*thunder and lightning*

Cypher: Got it. pleasedontkillme

*PP kicks Cypher by way of lightning foot.

/\Route 101/\​

Wow, he kicked me far. After that lovely experience, I advanced and noticed that the only way through was through some grass. I begin to walk through and-​

Wild Pokemon 1 has invited Cypher to join #battle

Cypher: why

Cypher: fiiiiine

Cypher has joined #battle

#battle​

A wild wurmple appears!​

Wurmple: HAAIIII

Cypher: Go away!

Well, at least if I do catch it, I won’t have to-wait, I don’t have any Pokeballs yet…​

*boooooooooooooooooooop*​

After that rage fit, I resigned myself to the fact that I was just going to have to deal with it. Sigh.​

Treecko used Absorb! Wurmple used Tackle!

Treecko used Absorb! Wurmple used String Shot!

Treecko used Absorb! The wild Wurmple fainted!

*Cypher left #battle.

After that, I hurried along, only, to my dismay, to find a trainer. However, he didn’t want to battle.​

Random Youngster: If your pokemon get tired, take them to a Pokemon Center. There’s a Pokemon Center in Oldale Town right close by.

Cypher: So, you don’t want to battle?

RY:Nah, my Pokemon is almost down, and I can’t risk stepping through the grass.

Cypher: Ok.

I advance through the next tall grass, with no battle. I reach Oldale Town and stand right outside the entrance, deciding to wait there.​

So, a heavy storm blew through my area last night. Luckily, even though it could, it didn’t make a tornado. Next chapter, I will find May and probably my Playnav. /cry

Yay, you're starting! And I get to be May! :D I love that you made the two Professors both Prof. Birch and his wife; seems very fitting. :p

So, how does this work? I mean, the whole character-claiming thingy?
Well, you PM (some people have just been posting) me with who you want to be in the story that isn't Archie, the gym battle commentators, May, the professor, the professor's wife, steven, or winona because they're already taken. I will then put you in as that person. Pretty simple, right?

Can you just name the first Ice-Type you get after me please? Not a huge fan of the NPCs in this game.

Can you just name the first Ice-Type you get after me please? Not a huge fan of the NPCs in this game.

Watch as the first time he gets an Ice-type is an under-leveled weakling on his last route's WT and so you get named and immediately boxed. :p

And how can you not like Steven?!

Watch as the first time he gets an Ice-type is an under-leveled weakling on his last route's WT and so you get named and immediately boxed. :p

And how can you not like Steven?!
I'll take it :v

What, you mean stone man? He's just a glorified fossil maniac IMO :p

... I like the Fossil Maniacs, too. ._.; When we had that "make a Pokémon Trainer for yourself" thread, I turned myself into a paleontologist that used all Fossil Pokémon. :p

Back