460-m.png

691.png

Hash Fish
@ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Draco Meteor - STAB and a very powerful STAB at that after Specs boost.
Focus Blast - Aimmed at Steel types who otherwise just wall Dragalge easily.
Scald - A coverage move to hit Fire, Ground, and Rock types.
Sludge Wave - Another STAB move, this one to hit Fairy types who could be a threat to
Dragalge.

Why This Pokémon?
This is the guy who I started out this team with as I wanted to use Dragalge due to its
bulkiness, unique typing, and respectable offensive presence. Dragalge's Specs
boosted Draco Meteor is one of the scariest moves I've seen in play, often being able to get OHKO's with it.

EVs, Item, Ability and Nature.
The 72 EVs Speed lets Dragalge outspeed Defensive Swampert so that Dragalge can land a Draco Meteor before Swampert can hit with an Earthquake and to Speed creep other Dragalge. The remaining EVs maximize offense and bulk. Choice Specs, Adaptability, and a Modest Nature allows Dragalge to get the most out of its offense.

232.png

Ellie @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP/ 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Rapid Spin - To help remove entry hazards for the team.
Stealth Rock - My entry hazards for the team.
Earthquake - Hits Nidos who love to have the chance to KO Dragalge.
Knock Off - Very helpful against Pokemon who need Choice Items or Eviolite.

Why This Pokémon?
I felt the need to deal with some common Dragalge counters, including Psychic types and Poison types. Donphan does this very well with both Earthquake and Knock Off. I also needed a Pokémon to set up entry hazards and to remove them since I am running two Mons weak to Rock.

Another bulky offensive Mon for the team, Donphan's EVs allow to boost up its bulk while still having full investment in ATK. Leftovers was chosen since I wanted my Rapid Spinner to be able to stick around a bit. Sturdy allows me to always get Stealth Rock up and an Adamant nature maximizes Donphan's physical ATK.

594.png

Doc @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
Protect - Allows Alomomola to Burn/Toxic stall and to insure she gets to recover from Wish.
Toxic - Used to take down opposing walls and put a timer on opposing offensive Pokémon.
Wish - Increases the longitivity of the team which, being offensively based and lacking recovery, is very helpful.
Scald - STAB move that can cause potentional burns to help with the team's defenses.

Why This Pokémon?
I needed something with good defensive synergy with the rest of the team and a backbone for this team to be able to get its job done. Alomomola provides this support and defense.

The HP EVs are used for a Leftovers number and the rest are used to maximize Alomomola's defensive capabilities. Leftovers and Regenerator. are used to increase her lifespan. A Bold Nature further maxmimizes Alomomola's physical bulk.

579.png

Bubbles @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Trick Room - Transforms Reuniclus and her slower team mates into speedy powerhouses.
Focus Blast - Hits Dark types and Steel types super effectively.
Psyshock - STAB move that allows Bubbles to act as a pseudo-mixed attacker.
Shadow Ball - Hits opposing Psychic types and Ghost types super effectively.

Why This Pokémon?

At this point I had to decide the overall direction of the team. I decided I wanted to go a Bulky Offensive route and to give Dragalge as much of a chance to be a threat as possible. Due to this, I've decided to go with a Trick Roomer and Reuniclus fits in very well on this team with its typing and offensive presence.

EVs, Item, Ability, and Nature.
The EVs allow Reuniclus to maximize her bulk and be a powerful threat herself. The Life Orb maximizes her offenses while at the same time going very well with Magic Guard as Reuniclus doesn't take recoil damage. Magic Guard was chosen so that Reuniclus could be a status absorber and so she could abuse Life Orb. A Quiet Nature with 0 Speed IVs allows Reuniclus to outspeed most Pokémon in a Trick Room.

244.png

Papa @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
ExtremeSpeed - Awesome priority move, enough said.
Flare Blitz - Hits harder than Sacred Fire when needed.
Sacred Fire - A powerful move that easily burns opposing Pokes, allowing the team to take more hits from physical attackers.
Stone Edge - Hits Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Pidgeot hard on the switch as well as hitting opposing Fire types for super effective damage.

Why This Pokémon?
I wanted a reliable check to Steel types and Fairy types. Originally Dugtrio and Magneton had this role, but ultimately I've decided on Entei due it being more versatile and overall a better fit on the team.

Everything here allows Entei to be as much of an offensive threat as possible, besides Pressure which is simply Entei's only ability.

460-m.png

Serenyeti @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance - ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!
Earthquake - Hits Steel types who may try to come in on Abomasnow.
Ice Shard - Another awesome priority move, this one being STAB!
Wood Hammer - Get your bulky Water-types out of my face!

Why This Pokémon?

I wanted a setup sweeper on the team as well as a check against the bulky Water types that run rampant in UU. Enter: Mega Abomasnow. This thing is a total beast who can just floor opponents with the only major downside being the fact that he is so slow. However, Reuniclus can help out with that when needed with a Trick Room.

Just like Dragalge, the Speed EVs allow Abomasnow to outspeed Defensive Swampert while 252 are used to maximize Abomasnow's ATK and the rest are used to boost up his bulk. Soundproof allows me to control when the Hail starts as well as giving Abomasnow the ability to switch into Hyper Voice. An Adamant Nature maximizes Abomasnow's physically offensive capabilities.

Importable

Hash Fish (Dragalge) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Ellie (Donphan) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP/ 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Doc (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Wish
- Scald

Bubbles (Reuniclus) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Papa (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Serenyeti (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer

Last edited:
I wonder how is your play style with Trick Room? This is the first time I see this kind of "balanced TR team" .This team is not a Trick Room team as you have only one Trick Room user and you do invest ev's in speed almost on any Pokemon- Including boosting speed natures and from what I know most Trick Room dedicated teams uses negative speed natures on their set plus no Speed EV investment.
So what I am wondering about is:
A- Do you use Trick Room as soon as possible? Do you use it only at a right time depending on the situation?
B- Aren't you afraid of being "outsped" by slower Pokemon such Swampert against Dragalge after using Trick Room?

His only intent on using Trick Room is to support Renny, if he gains a match up edge by using Trick Room and have some other Pokemon be able to take advantage of it then its just an added bonus.

Great team :] I used it in a few battles and my concerns about Trick Room are gone. I had trouble facing Shadow Sneak Gallade but I don't know how common it is in UU. (If it is common then I have a real trouble to do something against it as its STABs destroys a lot of things in this team. Another thing that I had noticed while battling is how the team has no hazard removal. (Aside from Dragalge for TS ) Entei and Abomasnow are very weak to the common Stealth Rock and that hurts the team a lot.

How does this team fare against SubSD/DD Feraligatr? Just the threat of it with Stealth Rock up seems threatening, as your team is extremely weak to hazards. Your only hope of keeping things healthy from hazard damage, Alomomola , is setup bait to Feraligatr since it cannot break the subs. This pretty much forces you to either keep Alomomola at bay, or play offensive on the switches by throwing out Scalds and Toxics. This basically removes a lot of chances to pass Wish, and can actually be more detrimental to the team. Once behind a Sub, anything is free for Feraligatr to remove with just Waterfall and Crunch.

Bold Vaporeon can possibly be used over Alomomola . With significant defensive investment, Vaporeon can switchin and force it out with Roar while still providing you with Wish support. I would recommend Empoleon since it also can remove hazards, but it's really more of a one-time check to SubSD Feraligatr due to lack of recovery.

Edit: It's also interesting to note that Dragalge's Specs Scald will not break 36 SDef Feraligatr's Subs (20.9 - 24.7%), so that's a potential risk as well in this matchup.

Last edited:
Thanks for the messages guys. Yeah like Pride said, Trick Room isn't the focus of the team, it is just there for the slower Pokemon to gain an advantage when necessary and that usually is never a problem for the team. I've updated this team since I've posted it, so I'll post my updated version up to. The main change though is running Donphan over Krookodile for the Rapid Spin support, but I'll definitely try out the different suggestions you guys gave now that I have some suggestions to go off of. :)

Back