Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I opened up my first wild blaze box Korean,

I had expected to pull at least all the commons/uncommons, but i seemed to get a the same common over and over again. For example i'd open one pack and the packet(s) behind it would be identical. is this typical for a Korean box?

In total I pulled
2 EX
4 Holo (2 being the same)

Is this a normal pull rate?

Sardonic wolf said:
I opened up my first wild blaze box Korean,

I had expected to pull at least all the commons/uncommons, but i seemed to get a the same common over and over again. For example i'd open one pack and the packet(s) behind it would be identical. is this typical for a Korean box?

In total I pulled
2 EX
4 Holo (2 being the same)

Is this a normal pull rate?

You should be able to pull all commons and uncommons from a box. Expect double of holos. I trade or sell my extras.

Hi, I'm sort of new to Japanese cards. So is $45 (shipping included) for both Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm booster boxes a good deal? Would the pull rates be similar to previous booster boxes?

Edit: Nevermind. Seller posted incorrect price.

This is an addon to my previous post. I opened two Phantom Gate boxes and checked the number of commons and uncommons in both boxes.

For most of the commons I got 2 in a box, some exceptions where I got 1 in a box(Venonat/Yanma). I also got 3 Pumpkaboo in both boxes.

For most uncommons I got 1 in 2 boxes. I got at least 1 of each uncommon except Exploud, where I didn't get 1 in either box.

For holos I got 1 of each except Pyroar and Heliolisk where I got 2 of each and Slurpuff where I got none.

For supporters I got 1 AZ in each box, 1 Xerosic in each box and 3 Lysandre's Last resort. Some of the trainers were 1 in 2 boxes.

Interestingly between 2 Phantom Gate booster boxes and all the ultra rares I've pulled from Phantom Forces, 14. Only 1 of those 14 is a duplicate, I had a Florges Ex in both Phantom Gate boxes.

Today I've opened a Phantom Gate boxe, here're my pulls:

Holo - x5
EX - x3
Team Flare's Gear - x1
Full Art - x1 (GENGAR!!!)

Pretty good pulls imo :cool:

XY 5 - Tidal Storm

1 UR (Enhanced Hammer)
2 EX (Wailord & Kyogre)
7 Holo (Ludicolo, Swampert, Milotic, Huntail, Manaphy, Crawdaunt, & Azumarill)

XY 5 - Gaia Volcano

3 EX (Trevenant, Groudon, & Primal Groudon)
7 Holo (Sceptile, Blaziken, Manetric, Rhyperior, Medicham, Hippowdon, & Excadrill)

I would say this is great, compared to the price and amount of pulls you'd get with English booster boxes. I don't have much time to dedicate to actually playing the game, although I would love to, but I've always been a fan of the art. I was disappointed that I didn't get any full arts, especially of the Gardevoir-EX kind.

I know a sample size of one isn't exactly particularly meaningful, but based on that, it seems like XY5 has a similar pull ratio to earlier XY sets. Which... makes sense, I suppose. Though I'd hoped they might up it a bit with the large amount of FAs and URs.

But, yes, compared to English boxes/packs, Japanese pull rates are amazing! That's one of the reasons I switched to Japanese collecting myself. :p Still waiting for my own boxes to come in, though.

I bought 7 Tidal Storm boxes and 5 Gaia Volcano boxes. Originally I was going to open just a few packs but I couldn't pull the cards I wanted and ended opening up all boxes... I'm pretty disappointed with Tidal Storm but Gaia Volcano was pretty great. This is from memory so I'll update it later

Tidal Storm
Box 1
M Gardevoir EX
Wailord EX
Gardevoir EX
6 R

Box 2
M Gardevoir EX SR
Wailord EX
Kyogre EX
7 R

Box 3
Wailord EX SR
Kyogre EX
Gardevoir EX
Shapedo EX
6 R

Box 4
Kyogre EX SR
Wailord EX
Sharpedo EX
7 R

Box 5
Enhanced Hammer UR =_=
Wailord EX
Kyogre EX
7 R

Box 6
Gardevoir EX
Sharpedo EX
Kyogre EX
7 R

Box 7
Gardevoir EX
Wailord EX
Sharpedo EX
7 R

Basically...

4 Gardevoir
5 Wailord
4 Sharpedo
3 Kyogre
1 M Gardevoir
1 M Gardevoir SR
1 Wailord SR
1 Item UR
1 Kyogre SR

Gaia Volcano

Box 1
Primal Groudon EX
Groudon EX
Camerupt EX
7 R

Box 2
Trevanant SR
Trevanant EX
Camerupt EX
7 R

Box 3
Maxie SR
Aggron EX
Camerupt EX
Primal Groudon EX
6 R

Box 4 and 5 had Primal Groudon EX SR and Groudon EX SR but I didn't list them since I didn't open the entire box and the leftovers are for sale I just got the full art and a few holos from those boxes but something good could still be in the leftovers.

I had to stop and reflect for a sec... I seriously got 3 boxes that were duds. Well... 2 technically since most of the times if you pull a mega, you don't get any SR or UR. But... box 6 and 7 made me very angry. And no Primal Kyogre of any kind. Sigh... the shiny would up for it if it was... y'know... a shiny Pokemon and not some stupid item. Gaia Volcano was much better to me than Tidal Storm I'll have to post it after I recap. On the plus side, I DID get what I really wanted, Gardevoir's and M Gardevoir SR.

Athena said:
I know a sample size of one isn't exactly particularly meaningful, but based on that, it seems like XY5 has a similar pull ratio to earlier XY sets. Which... makes sense, I suppose. Though I'd hoped they might up it a bit with the large amount of FAs and URs.

Honestly, Tidal Storm and Gaia Volcano were fine without changes to the pull rate, since it still has the same amount of UR/SR cards as XY2,3,4.

4 EX's, 2 Megas, rarer versions of those cards as FA's, the only change being that there is 1 less FA Supporter in favor of 2 SR Items.

Though, there better be stronger pull rates for Primal Clash. With 12 EX's, 4 FA Supporters, and 4 Golden Items, I'd say that the rarity should be around 6 to 8 UR/SR cards.

does anyone know what's up with the new code cards in the tidal storm and gaia volcano packs?

i went to the url on the card, and looks like it's some whole thing, but chrome won't translate anything on the page so i have no idea!
if you go to
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokescrap2014/gaiyo/
specifically, it looks like maybe certain codes are tied to prizes? i don't know...

but if anyone was wondering...
in my tidal storm box: Kyogre EXE, Primal Kyogre EX, Wailord EX, 7 R's
in my gaia volcano box: Maxie's Secret Weapon FA, Aggron EX, and Primal Groudon EX

foogregfoo said:
does anyone know what's up with the new code cards in the tidal storm and gaia volcano packs?

i went to the url on the card, and looks like it's some whole thing, but chrome won't translate anything on the page so i have no idea!
if you go to
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokescrap2014/gaiyo/
specifically, it looks like maybe certain codes are tied to prizes? i don't know...

but if anyone was wondering...
in my tidal storm box: Kyogre EXE, Primal Kyogre EX, Wailord EX, 7 R's
in my gaia volcano box: Maxie's Secret Weapon FA, Aggron EX, and Primal Groudon EX
Campaign Overview

If you enter a scrap number that is written on the back of the encapsulated in Shipping "Pokemon scrap omega Ruby alpha Sapphire" to campaign registration page, in the "Pokemon Omega Ruby alpha sapphire", that you get the illusion of Pokemon and tools I can.

Campaign period

Shipping release period: November 1, 2014 (Saturday) - April 30, 2015 (Thursday)

Even Shipping release period, soon reached the planned distribution number of Pokemon scrap, might be to terminate the distribution. Please note.
Campaign (phantom of Pokemon-tool receives) period: December 1, 2014 (Mon) - April 30, 2015 (Thursday)

Serial code in the November 1 from (Saturday) campaign site will be issued, but the December 1 of receipt start date until the (month) can not receive even kindly input in the game. Please keep the serial code.
Free gift software

Nintendo 3DS software " Pokemon Omega Ruby alpha Sapphire "

In the "Pokemon X · Y", you will not be able to receive.
Notes on campaign

1. Sign up to campaign registration page, the contents on the use
In order to provide the adequate information for your participation in this campaign, after it was your registered e-mail address to campaign registration page, scrap number keeps you input, will be up to 20 sheets of. Again, to get your input scrap number from the first piece of new Pokemon scrap, you must in a separate e-mail address, I am re-register.
Once you enter the scrap number, you can not try again.
After entering the scrap number, serial code that is displayed is something that can only be used in Nintendo 3DS software "Pokemon Omega Ruby alpha Sapphire". In the software other than the software, you will not be able to receive.
In another e-mail address, even if you had you register again, same Pokemon and tools of using a serial code, you can not already be receiving the same Pokemon and tools the gift receipt already soft again.
After passing the campaign period, you will not be able to enter any even if, the scrap number.
In addition, it has passed its campaign period, as well, in any case, you will not be able to receive a gift by the serial code.
2. For gift receipt of a serial code
Serial code, please use in an environment where you can connect to the Internet.
Each serial code can be used only once.
Pokemon and tools of illusion that can be received at each serial code, only one animal or one (one set).
Once at the receiving already soft a gift, For example, be get another serial code, Pokemon and tools of the same vision can not be received.
To the serial code, 0 (zero), 1 (one), B (Bee), I (eye), O (O), V (site) is not used.
In the "Pokemon Omega Ruby alpha Sapphire" overseas specification, you will not be able to receive the gift in this serial code.
In the software, and the like remodeling data, there are times when you do not receive a gift by the serial code.
Upon receipt of the gift, and the input of the serial code wrong 10 times, you will not be able to temporarily input. In that case, wait for more than 24 hours, please try the input again.
Campaign Shipping

Pokemon scrap there is a limit to the number of each item that has been sealed, even within the campaign period, it will end as soon disappears.
Pokemon card game XY "Gaia Volcano", "Tidal Storm"

Pokemon card game XY "Gaia Volcano", "Tidal Storm"

December 13 (Saturday) will be released

Also be determined to be shipped with the latest expansion pack to be released in December! And Pokemon card game, it's a chance to get a Pokemon scrap in W!
expansion pack that Pokemon scrap is sealed as "Gaia Volcano" to "Tidal Storm" is at the top of the commodity package, because it contains the logo of Pokemon scrap, and try to check here!

※ Some retailers, because there are times when early this product of Pokemon scrap containing disappears, Please note.

For more information of product, click here

"Pokemon of vegetables snack salad taste"
(Ltd. east dove)

"Pokemon of vegetables snack salad taste" (Ltd. east dove)
December 1 (Monday) will be released

Detailed information of the products, click here

With Pokemon scrap "Pokemon sprinkled mini pack (20 bags input)"
with Pokemon scrap "Pokemon curry <Pork & corn sweet>"
(Marumiyashokuhinkogyo Co., Ltd.)

With Pokemon scrap "Pokemon sprinkled mini pack (20 bags input)" with Pokemon scrap "Pokemon curry <Pork & corn sweet>" (Marumiyashokuhinkogyo Co., Ltd.)
Mid-December around sales plan

Pokemon Torretta "Torretta strengthening set power 10" "Torretta strengthening set speed 10"
(Takara Tomy Arts)

Pokemon Torretta "Torretta strengthening set power 10" "Torretta strengthening set speed 10" (Takara Tomy Arts)
December 26 (Friday) will be released

Pokemon bread "Pokemon omega Ruby strawberry Jamupan / Pokemon alpha sapphire Tsunapan"
(Daiichiyaseipan Co., Ltd.)

Pokemon bread "Pokemon omega Ruby strawberry Jamupan / Pokemon alpha sapphire Tsunapan" (Daiichiyaseipan Co., Ltd.)
November 1 (Saturday) will be released

For more information of product, click here

"3D brush holder / Pokemon"
(Showa note Ltd.)

"3D brush holder / Pokemon" (Showa note Ltd.)
Will be released in early December

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokescrap2014/faq/

I'm not sure what the code cards in the Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm boxes are for, but I just know I have a lot of them aha
As for my pulls, I did pretty well, at least to me aha. I opened 3 boxes of each set as well as 3 Mega Metagross EX Packs:
Tidal Storm:
Box 1 --
3 EXs - Kyogre EX, Primal Kyogre EX, Sharpedo EX
7 Holos - Huntail, Swampert, Azumarill, Eelektross, Manaphy, Ludicolo, Crawdaunt
Box 2 --
1 SR - Sharpedo EX FA
2 EXs - Kyogre EX, Mega Gardevoir EX
7 Holos - Eelektross, Milotic, Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Swampert, Huntail, Manaphy
Box 3 --
1 SR - Wailord EX FA
2 EXs - Gardevoir EX, Wailord EX
7 Holos - Manaphy, Azumarill, Eelektross, Huntail, Ludicolo, Swampert, Kingdra

Gaia Volcano:
Box 1 --
3 EXs - Trevenant EX, Primal Groudon EX, Aggron EX
7 Holos - Manectric, Excadrill, Medicham, Flygon, Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Sceptile
Box 2 --
1 UR - Switch
2 EXs - Groudon EX, Aggron EX
7 Holos -Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Excadrill, Medicham, Blaziken, Manectric, Sceptile
Box 3 --
1 SR - Teammates FA
2 EXs - Aggron EX, Primal Groudon EX
7 Holos - Aegislash, Manectric, Hippowdon, Medicham, Blaziken, Excadrill, Rhyperior

Mega Metagross EX Packs:
Pack 1 --
1 Holo - Eelektross
Pack 2 --
1 SR - Maxie FA
1 EX - Primal Groudon EX
2 Holos - Ludicolo, Blaziken
Pack 3 --
4 Holos - Milotic, Manaphy, Sceptile, Blaziken

With all that, I'm only two cards short of the 70/70 set for Gaia Volcano (missing Camerupt EX and Mega Aggron EX), and on the plus side, I've got the 70/70 set of Tidal Storm all completed! :D

Gaia Volcano:
EXs - M Primal Groudon EX, Trevenant EX, Aggron EX
Ancient Trait Holos - 3x
Regular Holos - 4x

Tidal Storm:
EXs - M Gardevoir EX, Gardevoir EX, Sharpedo EX
Ancient Trait Holos - 2x
Regular Holos - 5x

No Full Arts : ((

Bought 1 box of Gaia Volcano:
12 Ancient Traits
All items (besides the SR ones)
7 holos (1 ancient trait)
3 EXs (1 SR-FA Camperupt EX)

Happy about the Full Art, but the box came a week late :(
If anyone is interested in what I got (C/U/R, Trainers, Holos, EXs, Codes), I'm trading all of it...so PM me if interested.

I got 3 EXes and 7 holos from my Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm boxes (1 of each box). Sad about the lack of FAs, though I did get an FA from my Metagross EX sets, so I wasn't completely disappointed. :D I actually decided to buy a second box of Tidal Storm since I'm still missing a good amount of holos and EXes from that set (I got a bunch of duplicates with my Metagross sets), and that one has most of my favourite Pokémon anyway; I'm a sucker for Water types!

Those little code cards that came with the packs are also super cute, and some of them have very nice artwork as well! I certainly didn't get a full set, but I'll probably display one of each of the ones I did get in my binder. Shame that the codes themselves are useless without a Japanese copy of ORAS, but oh well. :p

Got my extra Tidal Storm box today, and in one my first packs I pulled an FA Sharpedo EX! :D I was super excited to full another FA...

... and that ended up being the highlight of the box in every way. My other 2 EXes were both dupes (Sharpedo and Wailord), and all of my holos were dupes, too. In fact, I even pulled two of the same holo in this box alone! And that also happened to be a holo that I not only already had but also got a dupe of from my Metagross EX sets, so now I have a pull playset of holo Huntail. :p And yet, I'm still missing Eelektross and Azumarill.

FA Sharpedo is awesome, though, so I'm still very happy. :D

My Double Crisis Booster Box and promo packs came in today! \o/ Surprised no one else has posted their pulls yet; am I the only one who bought a box of this? :p

As posted in one of the earlier news stories, each packs comes with 6 cards and has a guaranteed holo. The pack distribution is 3 common Pokémon, 1 holo rare Pokémon (or one of the 2 FA cards), and then 2 uncommon trainers. Because there are no uncommon Pokémon, it's much easier to get trainers for Double Crisis than any other Japanese set that I've opened. Each pack also comes with one of the colour ORAS code cards like XY5, and one of the black&white info cards, though the info cards are actually rather amusing in this set since there are 6 different types, one each for Maxie, Archie, and the 2 Aqua and Magma Admins. I wish I could read what they were saying.

I managed to pull a full set and then some in my box, making the promo packs I ordered somewhat redundant, but oh well. In addition to one of each FA, I pulled at least 2 of all the holos (and 3 of one), and of course plenty of commons and uncommons and trainers, though I haven't put together my full list of those yet.

Something else I found interesting... the Japanese set mark for this set is "CP1". I'm not sure what "CP" stands for in this instance, but even the Japanese for this set is literally just the kana that spell out "Double Crisis" in Japanese ("daburu kuraishisu"), so it's not just lost in translation. Shiny Collection was just "SC"; Dragon Selection, "DS". Could we be getting another set like this, maybe? :D Since the "CP" doesn't directly reference on the Aqua/Magma part of the set, it might even be a similar thing but with different owner's Pokémon perhaps. Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

Athena said:
My Double Crisis Booster Box and promo packs came in today! \o/ Surprised no one else has posted their pulls yet; am I the only one who bought a box of this? :p

No, I had to buy off eBay because I forgot to pre-order. Got a complete set, 4 cards short of a second set, and still have a sealed booster for my collection.

Back