Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Athena said:
Finally got my Rising Fist boxes today. Much thanks for bringing these back for me, Drohn! \o/

Box 1:
7 holos
Seismitoad EX
M Lucario EX
Korrina FA
1 Bellsprout

Box 2:
7 holos
Seismitoad EX
Lucario EX
M Lucario EX
1 Bellsprout

Despite the RR repeats, only 4 of the holos were dupes, so that means I'm only missing one (Victreebel). Definitely happy with the Korrina pull; such a cool looking card. <3 Could have used more Bellsprouts, though.

Aaaw, you pulled Korrina ;.;
I pulled a Dragonite, who needs a Dragonite when there's Korrina D:

Hawlucha EX Box #2

3 R (this one really sucked :/)

Rising Fist box #2

6 R
3 RR: Heracross EX, Seismitoad EX, Dragonite EX (4, 20, 69)
1 SR: FA Battle Reporter (103)

omahanime said:
Korean X box

2 EX
5 holo

Not too many holo's there only 5, same with your Y box. I am yet to get anything from XY Korean. I kind of gave up with collecting, cost too much and I stopped enjoying it as much when my Youtube pretty much died.

Korean XY2 box

8 holo
1 EX

I hope this box was a fluke because it was horrible.

007/080 Shiftry
x3 018/080 Milotic
x3 038/080 Meowstic
056/080 Druddigon
065/080 MegaKangaskhanEX

Never pulled holo triples out of a box.

Korean XY2 box #2

2x EX
5x holo

I like this better except I pulled another 038/080 Meowstic

[split] Korean PTCG Releases

My friend and I have bought 4 boxes of Rising Fist between us and we have had some really strange pulls. In those 4 boxes the only non Secret Rares we don't have between us are Poliwrath (which is fair enough just unlucky) and Mienshao and Watchog (which are both commons :S). Anyone else noticed low numbers of Mienshao and Watchog? We have multiples of every other common as you'd expect.

I opened 10 Boxes of Phantom Gate. I had planned on breaking it down by box, but a wife/baby/birthday party kinda got in the way of that. I will give my totals and the trend I noticed.

Every box I got at least 3 EX or higher cards, that's the trend I noticed. I also didn't pull an SR until box number 8 and then from 8 to 10 every box had an SR. I didn't open enough boxes to really get an idea what the SR pull rate was.

This is what I got

55 Holo Foils
8 FLAIR Trainer Cards, Foil
1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art
3 M Gengar EX
7 Gengar EX
6 Florges EX
7 Malamar EX
3 M Manectric EX
4 Manectric EX

thewileycoyote said:
I opened 10 Boxes of Phantom Gate. I had planned on breaking it down by box, but a wife/baby/birthday party kinda got in the way of that. I will give my totals and the trend I noticed.

Every box I got at least 3 EX or higher cards, that's the trend I noticed. I also didn't pull an SR until box number 8 and then from 8 to 10 every box had an SR. I didn't open enough boxes to really get an idea what the SR pull rate was.

This is what I got

55 Holo Foils
1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art
3 M Gengar EX
7 Gengar EX
6 Florges EX
7 Malamar EX
3 M Manectric EX
4 Manectric EX
SR's are about 1 in every 2 or 3 boxes. Which SR's did you pull?

Might pick up PG myself.

Patriots Fan said:
thewileycoyote said:

This is what I got

55 Holo Foils
1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art
3 M Gengar EX
7 Gengar EX
6 Florges EX
7 Malamar EX
3 M Manectric EX
4 Manectric EX

Might pick up PG myself.

1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art

Those are my SR's

thewileycoyote said:
Patriots Fan said:

Might pick up PG myself.

1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art

Those are my SR's

D'oh! Haha, forgot that the Full Arts are considered SR's in Japanese sets xD

thewileycoyote said:

This is what I got

55 Holo Foils
1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art
3 M Gengar EX
7 Gengar EX
6 Florges EX
7 Malamar EX
3 M Manectric EX
4 Manectric EX

Wait... you bought 10 boxes... and only pulled 3 full arts? The f*^k is this bulls^#t?

Whelp guess I'm not buying boxes anymore. I just ordered 3 unfortunately instead of just buying the Florges SR I wanted for 20$...

I guess Pokémon International is truly working 100% together. "YOOOOO... America made mad money off sh*&$y pull rates... we gotta follow that trend! A full art per box is too good! We want to sucker people into buying these boxes and waste their money!!! Now full arts will be 1 per 3 boxes and gold megas will be 1 in 6... maybe 9 boxes!!!"

MrSquarepants said:
Whelp guess I'm not buying boxes anymore. I just ordered 3 unfortunately instead of just buying the Florges SR I wanted for 20$...

I was considering buying some Phantom Gate/Phantom Forces boxes, but after having a look at the set, I'll probably just buy the Manectric FA/EX/SR that I want (depending on what the price is like), and save myself the lots of moneys, disappointment, and a bulk of cards I don't want.

MrSquarepants said:
thewileycoyote said:

This is what I got

55 Holo Foils
1 AZ Full Art
1 Malamar Full Art
1 Florges Full Art
3 M Gengar EX
7 Gengar EX
6 Florges EX
7 Malamar EX
3 M Manectric EX
4 Manectric EX

Wait... you bought 10 boxes... and only pulled 3 full arts? The f*^k is this bulls^#t?

I guess Pokémon International is truly working 100% together. "YOOOOO... America made mad money off sh*&$y pull rates... we gotta follow that trend! A full art per box is too good! We want to sucker people into buying these boxes and waste their money!!! Now full arts will be 1 per 3 boxes and gold megas will be 1 in 6... maybe 9 boxes!!!"

To be fair, Japanese boxes are only about half the size of English boxes, 20 vs 36 packs. Paying the premium to get them in the US is another issue.

Getting an EX or better every 6 packs isn't that bad.

It's always cheaper to buy individual cards if you only want a few specific cards.

That's true but it's starting to seem like the odds of getting a full art are less than 1 in 2 boxes now. But you could have been unlucky. And Japanese boxes aren't so bad considering the price... if you get it from Japan or Amiami...

Here's what I have seen from boxes (both in USA and JP), I'm not gonna compare shinies or secret rares.

English Booster Box: 100$
Average EX Pull Rate: 3-5
Average Full Art Pull Rate: 1-4
Average Holo Pull Rate: 6-9

JP Booster Box: 30-35$ (normal price) 50-60$ (ebay inflated price)
Average EX Pull Rate: 3-4
Average Full Art Pull Rate: 0-1
Average Holo Pull Rate: 6-8

You do get more holos and EX's from Japanese boxes for about the same price. However since you aren't guaranteed a full art you could either get 1 or none from the boxes. Then again... English boxes have been really wild and some unlucky souls have pulled 0. Some blessed ones have gotten 5. I just feel like SR are harder to pull now. I mean... you were never guaranteed a SR or UR since BW3 but it seems more unlikely now. I love opening new boxes for a set and be surprised at what I may get but... now I have to look at the sets and see if it's worth getting a box, or just buying the 1 or 3 cards I want from the set.

Back