Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

abv150

Pokemon TCG Collector
I used EMS. When the total value is more than $ 30.00 they will charge a custom fee (that's my experience).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I also used Air Small Packet, so it seems like EMS went through much faster, which I guess makes sense, since it's the fastest. But even still, the AmiAmi receipt I got says to contact your local postmaster if shipments take longer than 3 weeks for non-EMS shipments, and that 3 week mark is tomorrow since mine shipped out on the 13th. If I still don't get anything by tomorrow I'll probably be complaining, too.

I've yet to really understand how customs' fees work over here. On one hand, my limited AmiAmi shipments (two boxes and nothing else, like I've mentioned before) are worth about €35, give or take, and I've never had to pay customs for that. On the other hand, I ordered something from the States a couple weeks ago that arrived last week that was $35 USD (or about €25) and I had to pay about €19 in customs' fees when it was delivered (*flips table*). So, I don't pretend to understand it at all, I just try and avoid ordering things from out of the country whenever I can avoid it, though at least I trust my AmiAmi shipments to be safe...

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
That totally doesn't make sense. As far as I know, you don't have to pay anything extra below 22 euros. Above 22 euros, it depends on what's in the package. I heard sometimes you have to pay 12,50 euros + 21% of the value of your package. So now it does make sense, but it's still stupid. Sheesh, we really are desperate for money -.-

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
My boxes came in :D

X collection:

M Venusaur EX
Skarmory EX
Xerneas EX
Xerneas EX FA (HAPPY!)
+ 6 normal holos

Y collection:

M Blastoise EX
Blastoise EX
Emolga EX
+ 8 normal holos

I'm really happy with these pulls! Only missing five cards (I won't get the FA cards) from these two sets.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
After a harrowing journey, I finally got my boxes last night and opened them up this morning. Pulls are below:

Collection X:
Venusaur EX
M Venusaur EX
Xerneas EX
7 holos, 6 unique (repeat Zoroark)

Collection Y:
Blastoise EX
M Blastoise EX
Emolga EX
7 holos, 6 unique (repeat Aegislash)

I'm very disappointed to not pull a single FA, and also at both duplicate holos (which means I'm now missing 2 from each set), but such is fate.

The holos are pretty interesting; not quite as robust as the RHs from EBB, but still very nice. What's especially awesome about them, I think, is that this holo pattern allows for more unique artwork than the stale backgrounds that we usually get for holo cards. I"m fond of Raichu's and Greninja's in particular. Ekans and Stoutland for best overall artwork, though.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
It seems to me that FA come every 2 boxes since I opened 4 and only got 2.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the quality of the cards in both X and Y collection - I got a lot of cards with faults straight from the packs which really irks me. The good thing is that cards are easy to resell - I already re-sold the extra ex cards and holos + leftover packs for around 60$ so 4 boxes cost me 40$ which is not bad at all.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that. :< I didn't notice any quality issues with mine, though I was kind of hoping the new holo pattern would end up more like the EBB RHs where they were thicker of sorts.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
bagoly14 said:
It seems to me that FA come every 2 boxes since I opened 4 and only got 2.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the quality of the cards in both X and Y collection - I got a lot of cards with faults straight from the packs which really irks me. The good thing is that cards are easy to resell - I already re-sold the extra ex cards and holos + leftover packs for around 60$ so 4 boxes cost me 40$ which is not bad at all.

That's what I did too. I purchased 6 boxes and sold most of the extras already on eBay for roughly $205 USD (prior to fees). That nearly paid for my boxes and shipping expenses plus I get to keep my own two sets. Of course, I still need to track down those SR I missed. Prices are always high the first week or two of release so I can somewhat justify the EMS option. Anyway - I definitely agree with the SR pull rate. Here's to hoping we see a return of UR with Wild Blaze.

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Hello brand new to the forums having got back into the TCG in the last 3 weeks or so thought I'd say on here because I was reading this thread yesterday morning as the postman knocked with my 1st ever japanese cards! They were collection x and I pulled:

Venusaur full art 1st pack!
Venusaur EX
Mega Venasuar Ex
Xerneas EX
And 7 other holos

My y box is due early next week here's hoping for that yveltal FA

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
Stu4488 said:
Hello brand new to the forums having got back into the TCG in the last 3 weeks or so thought I'd say on here because I was reading this thread yesterday morning as the postman knocked with my 1st ever japanese cards! They were collection x and I pulled:

Venusaur full art 1st pack!
Venusaur EX
Mega Venasuar Ex
Xerneas EX
And 7 other holos

My y box is due early next week here's hoping for that yveltal FA

That is one great box! My X box was a little like that too, but with 6 other holos instead of 7. I really do see more good X pulls than good Y pulls.

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Read this entire thread and was intrigued by the Korean cards so instead of buying another Japanese x box I have ordered 3 different korean booster boxes spiral force, plasma gale and dragon blast for about the same price. it will be interesting to see the quality of them and seeing as I have had no pokemon cards for about 10 years I won't have any of the cards I recieve at all so it's all good :) I would like to pull a shiny pokemon but I'm guessing the odds aren't that great...

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Got my y box through nowhere near as good as my x box:

7 holos one was a swap
And 3 EX'S - mega blastoise, emolga and yveltal

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
I did something daft ordered 2 more y collection boxes as I was so disappointed in my box and at the same ordered 1 more x box in the hope of finding the full art xerneas...

However I have just pulled a full art xerneas and it is epic!! Now have to decide whether to sell the spare x box or open and pray for full art skarmory which I need or a swap of the other full arts but the odds of pulling another must be so slim!

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
Stu4488 said:
I did something daft ordered 2 more y collection boxes as I was so disappointed in my box and at the same ordered 1 more x box in the hope of finding the full art xerneas...

However I have just pulled a full art xerneas and it is epic!! Now have to decide whether to sell the spare x box or open and pray for full art skarmory which I need or a swap of the other full arts but the odds of pulling another must be so slim!

I only had one box of each and I pulled a FA. So it's possible :)
I'd never sell sealed items, I'd keep thinking about what would have been inside.

I don't know what a sealed box would get you, but even if you open it you can still sell the holos and EX cards.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Stu4488 said:
Read this entire thread and was intrigued by the Korean cards so instead of buying another Japanese x box I have ordered 3 different korean booster boxes spiral force, plasma gale and dragon blast for about the same price. it will be interesting to see the quality of them and seeing as I have had no pokemon cards for about 10 years I won't have any of the cards I recieve at all so it's all good :) I would like to pull a shiny pokemon but I'm guessing the odds aren't that great...

Do you have an interest in Korean pokemon cards ?

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Yes I have ordered plasma gale, spiral force and dragon blast booster boxes 1 of each but was told delivery from Korea can take 30 days so still waiting for them!

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Stu4488 said:
Yes I have ordered plasma gale, spiral force and dragon blast booster boxes 1 of each but was told delivery from Korea can take 30 days so still waiting for them!

It usually takes 2-3 weeks.

Stu4488 said:

Japanese quality is better. I think Japanese odds are better. It is easier to find Japanese cards, but I still collect Korean cards.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Stu4488 said:

For me it takes about 1-2 weeks, I have gotten stuff in 5 days. I am in the UK by the way.

Quality is lower, than English and Japanese, but they are still fun to collect and cheap.

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
Oh cool we'll I'm in the uk and my boxes were sent on the 12th and 14th so I guess I have a chance of receiving them this week. I had resigned my self to waiting until mid February so that's nice to hear. Seeing as people on here have some I suppose my main query is are the full arts still textured I'm sure I heard a you tuber say they were only gloss?