Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
The user who opened those boxes is ryouyukku, I believe he opened some more an got less than 3 EX cards per box. But I haven't watched those videos yet. In the thumbnail he shows all the holo/EX pulls and for one of those boxes he only holds 2 EX cards.

I can't wait for my boxes >.<

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Opened up six boxes of XY1 yesterday and pulled:

X Collection:
Box 1:
Venusaur-EX
M Venusaur-EX
Skarmory-EX
Xerneas-EX

Box 2:
Venusaur-EX
M Venusaur-EX
Skarmory-EX
Skarmory-EX FA

Box 3:
Skarmory-EX
Xerneas-EX
Y Collection:
Box 1:
Blastoise-EX
Emolga-EX
Yveltal-EX

Box 2:
Blastoise-EX
Emolga-EX
Yveltal-EX

Box 3:
Yveltal-EX
Blastoise-EX FA

Could just be me, but it seems like SR are rarer than before (and prices online somewhat reflect that).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Only 2 FAs from 6 boxes, that does sounds rarer, unless you just got rather unlucky. I guess the generally higher number of EXes somewhat makes up for that, though I'd rather have lower FA rates since the FAs are so nice...

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
I wanted to buy X and Y booster boxes just because I love to open packs, but I absolutely hate being unlucky and decided to bid on ebay. Somehow I won both Xerneas and Yvetal SR for 50$ shipped. Starting to feel like I made the right decision as I really don't want 3-4 boxes and not get either Xerneas or Yvetal and be stuck with Emolga.

How many holos did you get, was it like 1 in 2 packs as usual?

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
MrSquarepants said:
I wanted to buy X and Y booster boxes just because I love to open packs, but I absolutely hate being unlucky and decided to bid on ebay. Somehow I won both Xerneas and Yvetal SR for 50$ shipped. Starting to feel like I made the right decision as I really don't want 3-4 boxes and not get either Xerneas or Yvetal and be stuck with Emolga.

How many holos did you get, was it like 1 in 2 packs as usual?

I think that's a wise thing to do. I haven't seen an Yveltal FA being pulled and only two Xerneas FA. I've seen people open four boxes without getting a FA card, it's insane.

And people seem to get as few as 8 holos, but 12 holos is also possible. I've seen a lot of 9 holo boxes.

PokePhD

Riraito said:
And people seem to get as few as 8 holos, but 12 holos is also possible. I've seen a lot of 9 holo boxes.
Two of my boxes had 6 holos but those boxes had 4 EX cards each.

PokePhD

TheTPCProductionz said:
So really there isn't specific pull rates with these, which is good :).

Well, here are my thoughts:

10 Rares (or better) per 1 Box
2-4 EX per Box
1 FA per two Box (pretty sure I just had bad luck)

These boxes remind me of pull rates before ACE SPECs.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
Collection X:
Mega Venasaur EX
Skarmory EX
Xerneas EX
8 Holos (Dupe Raichu)

Collection Y:
Mega Blastoise EX
Emolga EX
Blastoise EX Full Art :)D)
8 Holos (Dupe Aromatisse, Dupe Aegislash - Shield Forme)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Collection X:

box 1
7 holo
3 ex
1 FA

box 2
8 holo
3 ex
1 FA - double

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
omahanime said:
Collection X:

box 1
7 holo
3 ex
1 FA

box 2
8 holo
3 ex
1 FA - double

This sounds more normal. I think the boxes before were out of whack or just really unlucky. I will post my pulls as well when I get my boxes, damn SAL is slow haha!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My boxes have been stuck in customs or something since the 16th of December. I'm starting to get worried...

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
Athena said:
My boxes have been stuck in customs or something since the 16th of December. I'm starting to get worried...

Me too, I was just about to ask if you got yours yet...

Edit: I've asked PostNL on Facebook why this is taking so long, maybe they can help.

abv150

Pokemon TCG Collector
This sounds like the boxes are in customs and you may have to pay a customfee.
I recieved my XY Boxes the 17th of December

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
2 boxes has always been below the customs threshold point for me; I've preordered 2 boxes with nothing else in the order for each new release for the past year specifically to avoid paying the inflated customs costs. I assumed that the delay was due to increased shipping volume combined with holidays and lack of workers/workdays, but it's been sitting still for about 2.5 weeks now, so it's getting kind of ridiculous. In the meantime, I'm sitting and twiddling my thumbs. Do let me know if you hear anything, Riraito.

PS: I was just looking on the PostNL FB page and I think I found your post. :p

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
abv150 said:
This sounds like the boxes are in customs and you may have to pay a customfee.
I recieved my XY Boxes the 17th of December

Which shipping method did you use? I used air small packet, because EMS is more expensive and it usually signals that your package contains something expensive.

Athena said:
2 boxes has always been below the customs threshold point for me; I've preordered 2 boxes with nothing else in the order for each new release for the past year specifically to avoid paying the inflated customs costs. I assumed that the delay was due to increased shipping volume combined with holidays and lack of workers/workdays, but it's been sitting still for about 2.5 weeks now, so it's getting kind of ridiculous. In the meantime, I'm sitting and twiddling my thumbs. Do let me know if you hear anything, Riraito.

PS: I was just looking on the PostNL FB page and I think I found your post. :p

Last week I got a package from the US that contained cards worth well over 80 euros. I didn't have to pay anything. I only got two boxes from AmiAmi and that kept me under 50 euros which usually isn't a problem..

Hehe, I tried to be polite with them. The other people are pretty rude, so I really hope they'll answer my question and give me a different tracking code so I can at least see what's taking so long. But PostNL messes up really often :(