The Fish's Wish (Dream World, Balanced) Updated

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Hi. This is my Dream World 5th Gen team that I've used to some sucess on PO. It works, but I know that with some advice, I can make it better.

The Fish's Wish

AT A GLANCE
598.gif
647.gif
145.gif
594.gif
472.gif
530.gif

Inside Look

*Changes will be marked in BOLD.

598.gif

Nattorei @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SpD
IVs: Speed 1
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

Nattorei is a mixed wall for my team. It is used as a lead because it guarantees that Rocks go down at any time in the match, and Mischevious Heart Taunters dislike taking Gyro Ball. Its excellent defensive typing leaves it with a plethora of resistances and two weaknesses, both of which are covered well by the other teammates. Because Nattorei causes a lot of switches, Stealth Rock is used to rack up some extra damage on the switch. Leech Seed is Nattorei’s sole recovery move (other than Rest, but it’s useless without Sleep Talk) that aids in Nattorei’s already impressive survivability. Gyro Ball is a STAB move that takes advantage of Nattorei’s low speed. Power Whip is another, high powered STAB move. So Nattorei is no offensive slouch either. Shed Shell is the item of choice because I don’t want to lose Nattorei to a Shandera, who is very common in the Dream World, and Shed Shell lets it switch out. The EVs give it excellent physical bulk, as well as great special bulk. The Speed IV ensures that it will be faster than other Nattorei with a 0 speed IV. Sassy Nature boosts special defence, while increasing the power of Gyro Ball.

Synergy
Fire: Keldio, Latios, Mamanbou
Fighting: Zapdos, Gliscor

647.gif

Kerudio @ Life Orb
Ability: Justice Heart
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Sword of Mystery
-Hidden Power (Ghost)

One of my two sweepers. With Sword of Mystery, it has the ability to go mixed, while using its superior attacking stat. Calm Mind gives it insane attacking stats, while boosting its special bulk. Surf and Sword of Mystery are the obvious STAB moves. Hidden Power Ghost allows it to nail Kerudio's most common switch-ins, Burunkeru, Celebi and Latias. The EVs are the standard sweeping setup. Timid nature makes it fast, and the Sp. Attack boost from Modest isn't really needed thanks to Calm Mind. Life Orb is the held item because of the power boost, as well as the wish passing from Mamanbou to heal the recoil.

Synergy
Electric: Zapdos, Nattlei, Doryuzu
Grass: Zapdos, Nattlei
Flying: Zapdos
Psychic: Deoxys, Nattlei, Doryuzu

145.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP/32 Def/228 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Roar
-Hidden Power (Fire)

Zapdos serves as a special wall for my team. It has an excellent defensive typing (2 immunities, 5 resistances), as well as an instant healing move. Thunderbolt is its STAB move. Roost is a healing move. Roar is used to stop common fighting types, like Roopushin and Blaziken, as well as stopping Jaroda. Because Lightning Rod is a superior ability to Pressure (Lightning Rod now boosts Special Attack while absorbing an Electric Move), I used it as my ability. However, Zapdos cannot use Heat Wave with Lightning Rod legally. So I decided to use Hidden Power Fire. This lets hit both parts of the famous Nattorei/Burunkeru core super effectively. Leftovers should be obvious for a defensive Zapdos. The EVs give Zapdos the best special bulk it can, while still supporting its physical bulk as well.

Synergy
Rock: Kerudio, Nattorei, Doryuzu
Ice: Kerudio, Mamanbou

594.gif

Mamanbou @ Leftovers
Ability: Regeneration
EVs: 220 HP/36 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Wish
-Protect
-Mirror Coat
-Toxic

This little fish is the ceterpeice of my team, and my team owns many of its victories to Mamanbou. Mamanbou passes the third largest wishes in OU (behind Blissey and Chansey). However, Mamanbou offers a better defensive typing than them. When compared to Vaporeon, this Mamanbou set has very similar defensive stats, while passing larger wishes, and doing large amounts of damage with Mirror Coat. Wish+Regeneration is a brilliant combo, and lets Mamanbou come in time and time again to pass Wishes. Protect lets Mamanbou buy itself a turn to heal itself. Mirror Coat abuses Mamanbou’s low special defense to cause a KO (+2 Espeon Psychic did around 50%, which was reflected for a KO). Because Mamanbou's offenses are awful, Toxic is its way of doing damage. This works well because this leads to special attacks being used, and they will be reflected by Mirror Coat. The EV spread gives it around the same exact bulk as Vaporeon. Leftovers is the obvious wall held item.

Synergy
Grass: Zapdos, Nattorei
Electric: Zapdos, Nattorei, Doryuzu

472.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP/56 Atk/200 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
-Fling
-Earthquake
-Acrobat
-Protect

Gliscor is an all-around useful check to many Pokemon, especially Doryuzu, Landlos (barring HP Ice), Roopushin, Breloom and Heracross. Protect allows Gliscor to activate Poison Heal, and it can fling its Toxic Orb afterwards to harm the foe. Earthquake and Acrobat are STAB moves, and Acrobat has brilliant synergy with Fling. Since adding Gliscor to my team, sand teams have been much easier to take down. Its amazing how useful this guy is.

Synergy
Water: Nattorei, Kerudio, Mamanbou
Ice: Kerudio, Mamanbou

530.gif

Doryuzu @ Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush (Sand Throw)
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

Doryuzu is, in my opinion, the best Rapid Spinner in the metagame. Because of its large offensive nature, opponents quickly flee to their counter, giving me time to Rapid Spin. Having Doryuzu also lets me have fun with opposing sand teams, once Gliscor has eliminated their Doryuzu. Swords Dance boosts its already high attack higher, and Rock Slide wounds the fliers that avoid Earthquake. Balloon gives Doryuzu an immunity to ground when it first switches in.

Synergy
Water: Nattorei, Mamanbou, Kerudio
Fighting: Gliscor, Zapdos
Ground: Gliscor, Zapdos

Old Teammates

381.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Psycho Shock
-Recover

(Yes, Latios is legal) Like with Kerudio, Latios serves as a second mixed sweeper, courtesy of Psycho Shock. Calm Mind is the boosting move of choice, boosting his insane special attack even higher. Dragon Pulse and Psycho Shock are the STAB moves. Recover heals off Life Orb recoil, and doesn't make Latios reliant on Mamanbou's wishes.

386_s.gif

Deoxys S @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Magic Coat

One of the best leads in Generation 5, imo. Deoxys is capable of laying down hazards (Stealth Rock), and preventing hazards (Magic Coat). Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, while providing the legendary BoltBeam combo, allow it to beat some of the Mischevious Heart users (Erufuun, Tornelos, Thunderos and Murkrow). Focus Sash guarantees that rocks go down. The EV spread makes it as fast, and as powerful as it can be. Modest nature was chosen over Timid because it gives Deoxys more attacking power while maintaining its speed. It outruns the next fastest hazard layer, Agiruuda, without the Speed boost from its nature.

Strategy
There really is no clear cut strategy for this team, as it is with balanced teams in general. They aim for synergy and team playing. The usual goal is to set up hazards, and heal the team with Mamanbou's large wishes.

Threats
Weather Teams: Sun isn't too big of a deal. But Rain, and especially Sand, are huge counters to this team. Droyuzu and Landlos are huge threats to my team.
Blaziken: Latios is my best bet, but it can't handle +2 boosted attacks. Zapdos can also paralyze.
Jaroda: Gosh, I hate this thing. I've considered running Thunder Wave on my Nattorei for the sole purpose of hurting Jaroda.
Latias/Latios: Comes down to a speed tie with my own Latios. If Deoxys is still around, it can Ice Beam them.
Ulgamoth: Because most of my team is specially based, they can't get through Ulgamoth once its Butterfly Danced a few times.

Closing
Thanks for reading my team, and I look forward to reading your advice and comments about my team.

RE: The Fish's Wish (Dream World, Balanced)

Ok. Well i've seen your threat list and came up with a few solutions that can help solve these problums.

First off I suggest using 252 HP / 216 SDef / 42 Def on Nattorei with a Careful nature. This spread absorbs special hits better from rain Pokemon. Your current spread would take alot more and get worn out faster. This also helps with your Latios and Latias weakness. Another way to solve most of your problums is making and item switch. Using Choice Scarf Latios helps you revenge Blaziken, Ulgamoth, and Jaroda. This also helps you revenge Pokemon in general. You don't exactly have to do this, but if you don't I would switch to a bulkier Calm Mind Roar Latias to absorb this hits from Pokemon like Blaziken and Joroda. It also can shuffle Pokemon up quite well with hazards.

Some other things I suggest are Hidden Power Ghost on Kerudio. This his Burungeru, Latios, Latias, and Celebi super effectively. Your team already deals with Gyarados enough so it's not as needed. Despite this one of my biggest concerns is stall. Stall hurts you quite bad outside of Kerudio. Kerudio often won't live very long either. So I suggest using Leftovers over Life Orb on Kerudio. This way you can heal a little and stay around a little longer. Even more so I suggest running Taunt over Magic Coat on Deoxys. This way you can always stop hazards andnot risk a one turn thing.

On Deosxys I agree, you need Taunt. But you can replace Thunderbolt with Magic Coat to stop Brelooms and the likes. Another thing is switch Latios to Latias.
Latias @ Leftovers
252HP / 4SpA / 252Spd
Timid Nature
Wish
Calm Mind
Psycho Shock / Roar
Dragon Pulse
This Latias is bulky to say the least. The HP EVs let is pass big wishes, or heal itself while slowly boosting up. Now you can replace Mamanbou for a revenge killer. I suggest Choice Scarf Garchomp. This can take out many Pokemon quickly and come back for more.
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Naive
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Fire Blast pwns Nattorei to say the least. Now you could free up a slot on Zapdos for Toxic if you want. Good luck with your team!

PDC: That Nattorei spread is proving to be very effective. Kerudio is also using Leftovers. Taunt is also more of a help than Magic Coat. So thanks.

Hyperbeem: Adding Garchomp gives me a third ice weakness, and removing Mamanbou also leaves Kerudio (who's not that bulky) as my sole ice resist. So I won't be adding Garchomp.

Mamanbou's wishes are 263 HP. That Latias' wishes are 183 HP big. Mamanbou also has Regeneration, which Latias can only dream of having. The number of times Mamanbou has helped my team is far too large for me to consider replacing it.

How about ScarfChomp over Latios?

Hey if Zapdos is a Special Wall, why you don't put to it Pressure? That will 'eat' opponent most powerful moves PP.
And put Pressure and Heat Wave. Heat Wave is better than Hp Fire.

Not a HUGE difference, but consider running HP Ice over HP Fire on Zapdos. This lets you switch in on Denchura, Thundrus, and Zapdos, get the boost, and hit back hard. It also hits Hippodon and Garchomp hard. Also, test out Sub over Roar on Zapdos. SubRoost is an epic stall combo, and worked for me extremely well.

Luxray: Lightning Rod is very superior to Pressure in this case. I have two Pokemon weak to electric moves, which means that Zapdos gets a lot of opportunities to switch in.

Chillarmy: I've always been considering HP Ice, and I can't count the times I wish I've had it. I will test it out. Same goes with Substitute.

Back