BW/BW2 The fate of VGC of 2011

Mew the source of all

Just keep on trying!
BW will likely be released sometime between mid March to late May, and VGC qualifiers for Nationals have been held around May for the US. (And I think European countries as well. The close release of a new generation and the VGC qualifiers raises many questions for what will happen with the VGC this coming year. New players would have to adapt to new pokemon, new moves, and new concepts as well as prepare for a large scale tournament in as little as a month if we're unlucky, and this would give an unfair advantage to those who have prior access to the games, (and possibly otherwise unavailable dream-world abilities) like myself.

If BW is allowed what format will there be. Will Ubers be allowed? What format would be used? The familiar single or double, or the new triple or rotation? Will the qualifiers be pushed back? Will BW be allowed at all?

What do you think will occur.

I'm guessing they're going to do triple battles. I would hope they do rotation battles due to the sheer amount of skill involved. Each VGC used the newest game for its time. None of them used the same version twice in a row. They will undoubtedly use BW. The tournament will be heavily dominated by hackers and japanese buyers due to practice if the tournament is on its normal schedule. The intended competitor will be blown away by the lack of time they will have to prepare (and dream world... teehee...).

They actually check for hacking at the events, I don't know how, or what it entails but they do. The other thing is where previous VGCs used new versions the player still had access to games of the same generation to prepare on and transfer the pokemon over, this time however is different as the players don't have any prior access to the new pokemon.

^They (thus far) just check for correct IV, EV, Moveset, Ability, etc. We can still use 1-4th gen mon, but 5th gen mon will certainly change the format... especially if certain ubers are allowed. The applications of the 5th gen legendaries are still rather unknown.

New moves will be really important and useful. Boiling water is strong and can cause burn, nitro charge boosts speed and does damage, and wildbolt is takedown but electric. Things like that are extremely useful. Also new abilities. Doryuuzu will dominate with a extremely high attack and speed in the sandstroms. Its almost unstoppable, until others find some good counters. Infernape and others get even more boosts like iron fist. Plus, the different pokemon like nattorei whos nearly unbeatable, and zoroark who can dominate when used correctly.
Lastly, new moves on old moves is fun. Leafblade, gigadrain, and drain punch get boosts for example. Dragonite learns aquajet, arcanine with closecombat etc.

Also, smogon says theyd allow certain legends who have a base stat of like 590 or something, so groudon, kyogre and lesser legends would be ok.
I think it should be triple, for all the new possibilites. Its just like doubles, but more. Could be much quicker and need more strategy.

Back