The Fashion Thread

le Roi-Soleil

PokéBeach Staff Alumnus
Fashion-Fb-banners.jpg
♚ The Fashion Thread ♚

Alright, first of all, this is not a favorites thread. This thread is solely to discuss the application of fashion in today's society. Discuss how fashion influences culture, individuality, and whatever else you can think of. Now, I mentioned that this is not a favorites thread; however, you may discuss your favorite fashion and how it influences society, but DO NOT, under any circumstances, just post a picture saying, "This is my favorite [dress] ever!" No, that is just unacceptable.

Naturally, general forum rules apply. Please do not post fashion that includes nudity.

Hello, PB members, guests, and everyone else! I am Dustin DeVine, a moderator in the Writing Café, and I am a fashion blogger and designer! I have a passion for fashion, I guess you could say...oh, that was corny; my apologies. Well, let's discuss fashion.

For starters, I own my amateur-soon-to-be-big-name fashion house, DD (Dustin DeVine). Now, the Haus of DeVine aims to achieve this:
DD, commonly known as Dustin DeVine, is a gender-neutral fashion design company founded by Dustin James Chandler-Hudgins DeVine. The aim of DD is to create a line of gender blind clothing that is not relegated to the mainstream binary gender trend, and to see past gender to appeal to all consumers. DD is unique; we take a very moderinistic and futuristic approach to our designs.

DD was created with androgynes in mind (such as myself). DD will not create ANY piece of fashion that is strictly male or female; we market to a gender-neutral line. Now, the Haus of DeVine draws inspiration from the greatest designer (IMHO), Alexander McQueen. Consequently, DD's first line of futuristic clothing was inspired by a single accessory -- the visor.

33e4ll0.jpg
ISN'T IT GORGEOUS?!

Now, after showing you that beautiful piece, you may be awe inspired, or perhaps you hate it; I cannot predict that, but this very accessory has inspired an entire line of fashion for me; it got my creativity flowing.

The cultural impact of futuristic fashion is, well, evolution. No, not physical evolution, as you may be thinking, but social evolution. As our society evolves, new trends come and go, but a futuristic fashion pushes for total advancement. Once we have a socially advanced society, hopefully we can become technologically advanced. I don't know... I am just espousing a bunch of things that randomly came to my mind. It's also 2 A.M., so call me crazy if you wish.

Fashion is the one thing that truly allows me to express my individuality. I am one of the few people at my school who actually know how to dress. No, the modern "khaki shorts, [insert comment about swag], $40 socks, and a 'snapback'" is not fashion; it is repulsive, in my opinion. I mean, how could you wear anything like that? In reality, I wear rather conservative styles, and no, I will not drop $200 on a Gucci scarf, despite how much I want it. I find affordable ways to express myself through the use of fashion.

I mean, how could you wear anything like that?

It is rather ironic of me to say this, as I love outlandish fashions. Hey, if I could afford it, I would wear it -- all of it. If I could afford this necklace, such as this:

10gw6ld.jpg
I mean, look at this gorgeous neck brace!​

21mudev.png
If I had this body glove, I'd wear it, paired with the neck brace and McQueen visor.​

Now that I have shared my fashion interests with you, go ahead, share your style with PB!

:)

Back