Contest The Fakers' Marathon 2! Final Score: 238 points!

S1TkCzK.png

I've always wanted more half-arts/vanilla full art cards.

Resources by CardPone
Artwork by hftran

Last edited:
Groovy time
Rillaboom & Maractus-GX HP 270 Grass
Basic Pokémon (TAG TEAM)
812.png
556.png

/Ability/ ~ Rhythm Meadow
Once during your turn, whenever you attach a [G] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon, heal 30 damage from each of your Pokémon with any [G] Energy attached to them.

[G][G] Nature Noises
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokémon (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). During your next turn, your Pokémon’s Nature Noises attack does 10 more damage and isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Pokémon.

[G][G]+ Overgrow GX
Heal all damage from all of your [G] Pokémon. If this Pokémon has at least 2 extra [G] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), once during your next turn, you may heal 120 damage from 1 of your Pokémon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game).

When your TAG TEAM Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Gourgeist HP 120 Psychic
Stage 1 - Evolves from Pumpkaboo
Ω Barrage
This Pokemon may attack twice a turn. (If the first attack Knocks Out your opponent's Active Pokemon, you may attack again after your opponent selects a new Active Pokemon.)

[G] Song of Night
Attach a basic [G] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. Between turns, heal 20 damage from the Pokémon that card is attached to.

[G][C] Cursed Voice
Flip a coin. If heads, put 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like. If tails, your opponent puts 4 damage counters on their Pokémon in any way they like.

Weakness: Darkness x2
Resistance: Fighting -30
Retreat: 3

At the risk of having made a broken card, here's a Xerneas. I'm probably going to nerf it.

FM08_-_Toy_Xerneas_.png

https://sta.sh/0279l97jku88

The illustration is from Pokémon Rumble World.
Holosheet by Asche.
Blank by me.
Background by Dipi11.
All the links are in the stash page.

Zapdos-Plasma.png

Even more Plasma, haha. I think during the last Marathon I commented on how neat it was to be able to try out all these new eras of faking, whereas now I'm just using it as an excuse for a miniset. xD

Blank by asche, edits by me, as per usual. The art is from a TCG wallpaper (I think Platinum?). Virtually everything else by asche.

PB021_Barboach.png
PB022_Feraligatr.png
PB020_Totodile.png

A few more random cards from me. Blanks by Blui.

Last edited:
I am back from my minor disappearance!

Glaceon_GX.png

This is the first card i've ever made using my own render, so i'm pretty proud of this one!

Blank by asche

I haven’t had much of a chance to fake this time around, but here’s a pre-evo for a Parasect-GX I made a few months ago.

Paras [G] HP50
Basic Pokémon

NO. 046 Mushroom Pokémon HT: 1’00” WT: 11.9 lbs

[G] Selective Spores
Put 3 Spore counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

The mushrooms, known as tochukaso, are controlling the bug. Even if the bug bugs the mushrooms, they tell it to bug off.

@Nyora I’m pretty sure that you meant that your opponent takes three prizes when it’s KOed, not 2, on your rillaboom and maractus TTGX.

Lurantis-Plasma.png

Probably the last one for me. Time constraints! Dx

It's been fun! This has been a neat opportunity to dust off Photoshop and break out what are rapidly becoming my favorite blanks to mess around with. Not sure how much I'll do with them in the future, whether I'll set aside the time for a miniset or not, but they're certainly fun to use.

The render is by @Nyan, who graciously whipped up this render super super fast when I asked for one. The choice of Lurantis for this card was also hers. :p

Blank by asche with edits by me, as per usual. Background of the image is mine. Lightning effect is a stock photo. Everything else by asche.

\o/

3 entries!

Bagon.png
-illus is Sa-Dui

Shelgon.png
- illus is Ken Sugimori

Salamence.png
- illus is TkptVN

SalamenceFamily.png

- all blanks by Asche

Lovely little dragons uwu

MissingNo. HP 880 Colorless/Metal
Stage 2 - Evolves from Persian-GX
NO. ∞ Glitched Pokémon HT: 9" WT: 70 ltr

[W][M] Blast Off 90
This attack does 90 damage to 1 of your Benched Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). If that Pokémon now has 10, 50, 150, or 170 HP remaining, discard the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck. If any Supporter cards were discarded in this way, your opponent puts all Energy cards from their discard pile into their hand. Put 1 damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like for each card they put into their hand in this way.

Fifty-six pineapples fell from the sky into a bucket full of tomato soup on a fine Winter morning. The result was whatever the <redacted> this <redacted> Pokémon is.

Weakness: Stage 2 x2
Resistance: Basic -30
Retreat: [W][C][C]

And that's a wrap, everyone! I'm really happy with the turnout for this year's marathon and hope to continue to do it for years to come! This marathon has had more entrants, more entries, and a higher score than the one held in 2016. (Even scoring those cards based on the new scoring system, it comes in at 231 points.)

This contest had 9 contestants who submitted a total of 45 fake cards, which altogether scored 238 points! Of those cards, two scored the maximum possible points for a single card. Congrats on a job well done, everyone!

For those interested, I've created a spreadsheet with all the points breakdowns for this contest and the previous contest. View it here!

What do you think can be done to improve this contest in the future? Two thoughts I had were that Fakemon should count for extra points and a loose theme could also be applied to future contests, similar to what is done for Create-a-Card Contests, but not required for every card that is submitted. For example, +2 points to your card's score if you use a regional variant Pokémon, etc. If you have any thoughts, suggestions, comments, questions, or anything else, post it below!

And once again, well done for this contest! I consider it a huge success and everyone involved made some amazing cards!

Last edited:
Back