Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Blue Collector

Pokemon Collector
Have gotten 3 Ancient Origins booster boxes this past week.

1st box:
1 Primal Groudon EX
1 Tyranitar EX
1 Hoopa EX
1 Hoopa EX (FA)
1 Gold Energy Retrieval
1 Sceptile EX
2 M-Tyranitar EX

2nd box:
1 Lugia EX (FA)
1 Tyranitar EX (FA)
2 Machamp EX
1 Ampharos EX
1 Mega Sceptile EX
1 Mega Sceptile EX (FA)

3rd box:
1 Sceptile EX
1 Ampharos EX
1 Lugia EX
1 M-Tyranitar EX
1 Trainers' Mail
1 M-Rayquaza EX

Got about 4-5 holos in each of the box and it seems like if you pull one of the gold trainer cards, you will have a high chance of getting one of the gold exs from the same box as well. Already experienced that twice with my first and third box.

asdjklghty

-------------
Garbage pulls for me. 2 Ampharos EX (one FA), a Kyurem EX and a Giratina EX. Only 1 of each Entei and no Hoopa EX!

Glaceon Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I do believe I have the best box of ancient origins ever! I got 9 total ultra rares! I have only seen one other person in this thread get more then 7 besides me. Anyways the cards I pulled were:
1. Mega Sceptile Ex
1. Hoopa EX
1. Hoopa EX Fullart
1. Tyranitar EX
1. Kyurem EX Fullart
1. Giratina EX
1. Primal Groudon EX Fullart
1. Kyurem EX
1. Secret rare Energy Retrieval

Overall I think it was a pretty awesome for this to be my first booster box :D

Tjomsas

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys.

New to the forum and Pokemon TCG in general. I have recently started opening booster boxes, and have enjoyed it so far. Opened a Plasma Blast booster box last night, and I experienced something strange. Here are my pulls:

1. Dialga EX
1. Ace Spec G Booster
1. Ace Spec G Scope
1. Virizion Secret Rare
1. Blastoise holo
1. Salamece holo
1. Houndoom holo

Now, here's where it gets strange..

2. Haxorus holo
2. Archeops holo
2. Sigilyph holo

Never seen anyone on youtube get duplicate holos in the same box..?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
It's rare, but it does happen, particularly in boxes that have a low amount of EX/UR/FAs. I don't think this used to happen back when boxes had guaranteed pulls and were planned more, but now anything in a booster box is kind of up for grabs.

Tjomsas

Aspiring Trainer
It's rare, but it does happen, particularly in boxes that have a low amount of EX/UR/FAs. I don't think this used to happen back when boxes had guaranteed pulls and were planned more, but now anything in a booster box is kind of up for grabs.

In other words.. I was as unlucky as I could possibly be? :(

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Hey, at least you pulled a Full Art; I didn't even get that much in my Primal Clash box. :p

Tjomsas

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, at least you pulled a Full Art; I didn't even get that much in my Primal Clash box. :p

The Virizion secret rare isn't full art unfortunately.. :( A secret rare is always nice though! Went out and got a Phantom Forces blister today. Got a Mega Gengar, so that's nice :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ah, my fault; I mostly collect Japanese cards and in Japanese the FAs are SRs and the Shiny Cards like 103/101 Virizion from Plasma Blast are considered URs. :p But a Shiny is still good too. :D

Tjomsas

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, my fault; I mostly collect Japanese cards and in Japanese the FAs are SRs and the Shiny Cards like 103/101 Virizion from Plasma Blast are considered URs. :p But a Shiny is still good too. :D

Yes it is :) I do like having actual Pokemon as SR instead of trainers. But overall, this opening was a let down compared to my Legendary Treasures box with 40 UR and holos :p. Do you have any recommendations on what my next booster box should be, and where to buy them?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Legendary Treasures does indeed have some of the best pull rates in English boxes in a long time. :3

I mostly collect Japanese cards myself, so I don't know if my advice would be particularly great, but we do have a thread right here that's specifically for advice on buying cards, so maybe that would be helpful. :)

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I think multiple holos is common in Plasma Blast booster boxes, my first box had like 3 sets of double holos, the second one had 2 Haxorus holos.

Anyways I opened the first two boxes in a case of Ancient Origins

Box 1:
M Ampharos full art
M Tyranitar full art
Giratina full art
Giratina ex
Hoopa ex
Kyurem ex
M Sceptile ex
5 holos

Box 2:
Hoopa full art
Machamp full art
Giratina full art
Giratina ex
Hoopa ex
Kyurem ex
M Sceptile ex
5 holos

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I opened a 4th box today.

M Sceptile FA
Lugia FA
M Sceptile ex
Tyranitar ex
Machamp ex
Kyurem ex
6 holos

I was happy it contained 6 exs like my last booster box, and 2 new full arts. I was getting a lot of holos was kind of thinking it was going to be a 4 ex box with 0-1 full art. Especially after the first 2 boxes.

Tjomsas

Aspiring Trainer
Just opened a Phantom Forces booster box. I've now opened two XY Series booster boxes, and both times I've only totalled 11 holo/ultra rares :/

Anywho.

Florges FA
Malamar FA
Dialga EX Secret Rare
Florges EX
Malamar EX
Team Flare Jamming Net

Holos:
Feraligatr
Diancie
Pyroar
Gigalith
Goodra

Only one side of the box had EXs, the other one only had holos :p Weird stuff.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I opened a 5th Ancient Origins booster box today.

Steven FA
Hoopa ex
Sceptile ex
M Sceptile ex
Tyranitar ex
M Tyranitar ex
6 holos

It wasn't a bad box but for me it was the worst box in the case as it only contained duplicates. Though it was the first Steven in the case so glad it wasn't a duplicate. That being said I only need like 6 more reverses and didn't pull any of them. Also starting to doubt I'll pull a secret rare in this case, though I'm fine with that since I pulled both secret rares before I bought the case. And at this point I'd rather have a full art I need such as Ampharosa or Tyranitar.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
BreakThrough has not been good to me!

1 boosterbox:
GLALIE EX
MEWTWO EX #62
MEWTWO SR #164
RAICHU BREAK
MAROWAK BREAK
ZOROARK BREAK
NOIVERN BREAK

Tjomsas