Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer
RE: The "Pull Rates" Thread

Now that Next Destinies has been confirmed why do you guys think the pull rate will be? In thinking 3-4 EXes per box, 5-6 Holos, 2 FAs per box, and 1 SR per every 2nd box. However, there are ALOT of SRs in this set, so maybe 1 every box.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Akamu54 said:
Now that Next Destinies has been confirmed why do you guys think the pull rate will be? In thinking 3-4 EXes per box, 5-6 Holos, 2 FAs per box, and 1 SR per every 2nd box. However, there are ALOT of SRs in this set, so maybe 1 every box.

ND has been confirmed a long time ago. We don't know the pull rates yet. I believe that was mentioned in the above post...

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play

Well, on the pokemon.com they say "there will be 2 versions of 6 pokemon EX". Meaning 6 pokemon EX and 6 FA pokemon EX. So that would mean the pull rate would be what?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account

Nobody knows yet, but my most reasonable guess is that regular EX cards will be roughly the same rarity as Primes, i.e. 5-6 per box, while Full Art EX cards will be the standard "super rare" cards that are 2-3 per box.

Gistica

I agree with frost. But maybe like 1-2 "super rares" per box, and about 5 EX's per box?

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer

This is how I think Next Destinies will go:

Secret Rare (i.e. Chandelure, Emboar, etc.): 1 per box (since there are four of them)
Ultra Rare/Full Art: 3 per box (6 Full arts in the entire set)
EXes: 4 per box (since there are either 6 or 8 EXes (Kyogre and Groudon are still unconfirmed))
Holos: 6 per box (Lower number, but EXes take up some of the spots)

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Akamu54 said:
This is how I think Next Destinies will go:

Secret Rare (i.e. Chandelure, Emboar, etc.): 1 per box (since there are four of them)
Ultra Rare/Full Art: 3 per box (6 Full arts in the entire set)
EXes: 4 per box (since there are either 6 or 8 EXes (Kyogre and Groudon are still unconfirmed))
Holos: 6 per box (Lower number, but EXes take up some of the spots)

Don't you think that's a little high? I'm guessing that secret rares will be the same as the current secret rares; something like 1 every 3 boxes. Ex's will be 4-5, just like primes, and full arts will be the same as full arts, 2 per box. I'm guessing the FA's will actually be more scarce because they're secret rares.

tyranicham

Lord of the Ball

It could follow the pull rates of the Legend series. In that case, we could see 5 unique EX's( i.e, no repeats of an EX) and 3 FA's with a slim chance of a secret rare coming out in the same as a lithograph. Or it could follow the DP and BW series and have about 2-4 EX's per box and about a 1 in 2 chance of pulling a full art version.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

My idea:

3-4 EX's per box
2 Full Arts per box
1 Secret Rare per 3 boxes.

I think that the full arts and secret rare pull rates will retain their current pull rates, while EX's will be somewhere around 3-4 per box.

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer

tyranicham said:
It could follow the pull rates of the Legend series. In that case, we could see 5 unique EX's( i.e, no repeats of an EX) and 3 FA's with a slim chance of a secret rare coming out in the same as a lithograph. Or it could follow the DP and BW series and have about 2-4 EX's per box and about a 1 in 2 chance of pulling a full art version.

I agree with your idea of the HGSS pull rates, but the secret rares will most likely be one per box, as there are 4 in this set. Also, there might only be 4 EXes per box as there are only 6. I'm, not quite sure of the # of Primes in any of the HGSS series boxes.

alex

Miss the game

Zorua said:
My idea:

3-4 EX's per box
2 Full Arts per box
1 Secret Rare per 3 boxes.

I think that the full arts and secret rare pull rates will retain their current pull rates, while EX's will be somewhere around 3-4 per box.

I heard that FA's were 1-2 per box, and Secret Rares were only per 2 boxes

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

alexmf2 said:
I heard that FA's were 1-2 per box, and Secret Rares were only per 2 boxes

At first I read that as Secret Rares, 2 per box, I was like "OHELLNO"

But that seems about right, considering there are 4 SR's.

Gistica

How many EXs total. I'm thinking of ordering a ND box but I don't want to if the number of EX pulls are bad.

Jeremiah.W

Aspiring Trainer

from what i saw 8 mewtwo exs were pulled out of morning and the afternoon pre-release which is insane considering everyone except 5 ppl got ex cards(most ppl got 2+)

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account

Gistica said:
How many EXs total. I'm thinking of ordering a ND box but I don't want to if the number of EX pulls are bad.

The number I keep seeing around is 2 regular EX and 2 FA EX or 2 regular EX, 1 FA and a shiny. It's hideous. :/

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah the Pull Rates for Next Destinies are REALLY bad, at my Pre-Release we had to go through 5-6 Booster Boxes just for someone to actually pull a Mewtwo EX. It's like as If it's almost as rare to pull as the Pikachu Secret Rare from BW and the Meowth Secret Rare from Noble Victories. I thought Wizards of the Coast were bad with Mythic Rares being printed as utility cards in Magic: The Gathering but this is ridiculous.

See this is what happens when you print a utility card that becomes the hardest card to pull out of the ENTIRE set, it was bad enough that P!P trolled us by not giving us Mewtwo EX in the kit that comes with the figurine but making Mewtwo EX as rare as a Secret Rare, that just adds insult to injury. At my Pre-Release I only pulled one EX for my 1st flight in being Reshiram EX when I really needed Zekrom EX instead.

People are wanting to run 1-2 Mewtwo EX for States but from what I understand there's like 2-3 EX's per box and the odds of getting a Shiny card are 0-1. There's like 5 EX's in this set yet P!P had to go about their way to make Mewtwo the hardest EX to pull. So basically If you get a booster box of Next Destinies chances are most of the stuff you pull will be garbage aside from Cilan, Prism Energy, DCE, Exp. Share, and Skyarrow Bridge.

menoknow3

Aspiring Trainer

They had everyone that pulled an ex at the pre I was at raise there hand. Only counted 9 hands out of 33 people and someone thought 3 people got 2 exs. That would be 12 exs (including FAs) in 198 packs. 1 per 16.5 packs. Basically 2 per box....

Was planning on potentially ordering multiple cases but if you may only get 2 exs total per box...then that will be much less likely of a purchase for me :-\ Especially since there are so many reprints and such besides. Seriously, how many of the same Reshiram and Zekrom do we need with different art. What are we up to now, 5 of each? B/W Holo, B/W FA, tin, boxed set, Next Destinies. Any others I'm forgetting?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

I know, why so many Reshiram and Zekrom when they could've put Kyogre and Groudon EX in the set or better yet Ultra Ball and Random Reciever? No Shiny Chandelure either? I'm disappoint son... :/