• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Emperor's New Groove (Empoleon)

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
29-empoleon.gif
34-dedenne.jpg
47-mr-mime.gif
66-sigilyph.gif

Pokemon: 16

• 4 Piplup
    1 Prinplup
    4 Empoleon
    3 Dedenne
    2 Mr. Mime
    2 Sigilyph
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

• 4 N
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Max Potion
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 Max Revive
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Hard Charm
    2 Lysandre
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Trick Shovel/Switch
    2 Tool Retriever
    2 Energy Retrieval
Energy: 9

• 7 Water Energy
    2 Psychic Energy
Strategy:
Use my enormous arsenal of trainers to get up as many Basics as possible T1. Dedenne is for further bench-placing, and can cause some damage to Mewtwo EX and Yveltal EX, Mr. Mime to protect the bench, so that they can't grab an easy price by sniping Dedenne. Sigilyph for EX-counter.

Edited to coincide with the rules! And I think that name is absolutely fantastic for this deck, by the by. ;) ~Kecleon

I play Empoleon, and there is a good part of me ready to just tear into your list, but there are so many things different here that I want to ask you about some decisions you made.

The 2 biggest ones are this: why don't you run Miltank or Dusknoir? They're so very good in Empoleon decks, and I just don't know why you wouldn't use them. Let's start with that.

I think this deck could be better with Milktank, Dusknoir [BCR] and at least one Exeggcute. I am not sure how to fit them in though.

Here's my suggestion for what you seem to be trying to do:

-1 Dedenne
-1 Mr. Mime
-2 Sigilyph
-2 Max Potion
-3 Max Revive
-1 Hard Charm
(2 Switch)
-1 Professor Juniper
-2 Tool Retriever
-1 Energy Retrieval
-2 Psychic Energy

+3 Skyla
+1 Dusknoir
+1 Dusklops
+1 Duskull
+2 Miltank
+1 Prinplup
+1 Exeggcute
+1 Suicune
+1 Sacred Ash
+3 Ultra Ball
+1 Dowsing Machine

+16

I tried to keep the deck unique, but threw in the staples you want to have in here. You didn't have Dusknoir, Miltank, Skyla, Ultra Ball or any Ace Spec cards, so I put those in. I feel as if 1 Suicune will be enough with Miltank to support it, as well as Dusknoir. If you have any questions just let me know.

Back