Finished The Darkness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Ok. It pains me to do this, but I will be joining @Blakers and @scattered mind in modkilling. @Professor_jplap , you have been eliminated for inactivity.

I’d like to point out that I’m not mad at anyone. I think if you don’t plan on participating, please don’t sign up. I’m not gonna bore you guys with some speech, but note I’m just disappointed. Thank you to @Lord Goomy , @TheAquaPiplup , and even @The Last Shaymin who’s dead.

Well, it’s rest period, enjoy.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Ok, Period B!

Thanks to @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK for the writing!

From the perspective of Rotom:
I was zipping through the power lines, a domain that is usually void of Pokémon apart from Porygon and I, when I heard a voice. I liked the voice, it made me happy. Naturally, I approached it, getting ever-more gleeful. This joy didn't last long for, when I got close, I ended up with an earsplitting headache. I tried to get out of there as hastily as I could alas, I was too late. By the time I got out, I'd already died

Dead: @Lord Goomy

Also, Spiritomb and Mismagius were both wrong for last round.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Well, yeets for me!
Imma join @the Last Shaymin’s club and just cast Speak with Dead.
here are my dead thoughts:
Ya’ll I killed TE last round
Sorry TE
Guess that’s what I get.
Looks like Mismagius. Incantations are pretty much universal, and, I don’t know. It seems like Mismagius.
It has occurred to me that we have so goofed that we chose to leave alive the 3 most similar Pokémon on the list. Whoopsi.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Rest period!

Just so you guys know, this will be the Rest Period, after Period A there will be 2 players left. I wanted to say it’s been an awesome experience and I look forward to the next game. Don’t worry, I’m gonna make it more fun. Anyway, that’s pretty much a wrap in a few days, so see you guys around.

Thanks to @scattered mind for doing a writing segment.

Thank you @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK for writing the last segment and being so helpful throughout the game.

Goodbye, and goodnight!

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Good game !

I have some notes about this original game. First off I think the alliances should be out of the question. I think that it hurts the discussion in thread which is already not very fruitfull. Another thing is the periods should be shorter. The items should be hidden and also should vary and be more than 3. Since this game focuses on only Dark and Ghost types I see no reason why the Pokemon list should be open for everyone to see. It would be much more challenging to get the segment and to try and identify the Pokemon based on hints on each player instead of outright telling which Pokemon belong to each trainer.

Example: Player chose Sneasel
Instead of showing : scattered mind- Sneasel on the player list, it would show an updated hint about the identity of the player.

scattered mind- Dominant black color

Or give a general information about the players:

3 Pokemon have hands
5 Pokemon are able to float
1 Pokemon can use Dark Pulse
etc..

Also the game design is not the only thing that needs to change but with it the player's strategy: Instead of just trying to guess the Pokemon based on the segment, players should also look into what other players have guessed to see if they are focusiong intentionally on specific pieces of information. For example, when Lord Goomy said the main clue was the hard body, people could ask him what other clues he can find. He actually was the killer (Rotom) and focused on the one detail that can mislead people from guessing it was Rotom. On the other hand. the player who kills each turn needs to do just that. Throw off people by focusing on the misleading details.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Thanks for the advice scattered! Next game I’ll be sure to change that. If anyone wants to host a game while I’m gone (which I doubt.),feel free!

Status
Not open for further replies.