• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Dark Bite (Zoroark, Darkrai EX)

Aoki

Chronically tired
I decided to make this deck and test it out on PlayTCG. Any help and constructive criticism is appreciated. :)

Pokemon-18

3 Zoroark DEX
1 Zoroark BW
4 Zorua (Ascension)
2 Darkrai EX
2 Tornadus
1 Cleffa
1 Absol Prime
2 Weavile UD
2 Sneasel

Items/Supporters/Stadium-29

4 Dark Claw
4 Dark Patch
3 Prof. Juniper
3 PONT
2 Sage's Training
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Ultra Ball
2 Cilan

Energies-13

4 Special Dark
6 Basic Dark
3 DCE

Strategy: I open with Collector in hand and use it on T1 to bring out the Zoruas. Then on T2, use Ultra Ball to get out the Zoroarks and evolve them right away then use either Juniper, Junk Arm or Ultra Ball to put the Dark energies to the discard to activate Dark Patch and use it on the Zoroarks. Attach the Dark Claws to add damage to his attacks and fire away with Brutal Bash. If Zoroark is low on HP, use Darkrai EX for the free retreat and bring up another one.

Any feedback is highly appreciated! :D

If you run Absol Prime, you could attack T1 for 70-90 damage, and have additional 2 counters on benched pokemon to be sniped by Darkria EX.

I would highly recommend a 2-2 or 3-1 split with zoroark BW. with a dark claw and special dark it can OHKO zekrom, zekrom EX, reshiram, or reshiram EX. It also helps when facing raikou/eels, as it lets you snipe their eelektriks away and kill of their setup.
also, weavile could be helpful in this deck. It is a great disrupter, and the NXD one can be great against terrakion, durant, and anything that uses pokemn tools. 90 for 1 energy is phenomenal.
I'd reccomend:
-2 super rod (I don't see the point. the point is to take prizes so fast you don't need this)
-1 zoroark DEX (to make the split work
-2 engineers (Don't think it's needed)
-1 collector (4 is too many.)
-2 Cilan (not really needed)

+1 Zoroark BW (foul play helps this deck a lot)
+3-2 Weavile HGSS Era (disrption helps this deck a lot... also more dark pokes to fill the bench)
+1 Weavile NXD (awesome against terrakion or in the mirror matchup)
+1 Pichu (helps fill your bench right away to get you up to maximum power)

Hope this was helpful

Puff said:
I would highly recommend a 2-2 or 3-1 split with zoroark BW. with a dark claw and special dark it can OHKO zekrom, zekrom EX, reshiram, or reshiram EX. It also helps when facing raikou/eels, as it lets you snipe their eelektriks away and kill of their setup.
also, weavile could be helpful in this deck. It is a great disrupter, and the NXD one can be great against terrakion, durant, and anything that uses pokemn tools. 90 for 1 energy is phenomenal.
I'd reccomend:
-2 super rod (I don't see the point. the point is to take prizes so fast you don't need this)
-1 zoroark DEX (to make the split work
-2 engineers (Don't think it's needed)
-1 collector (4 is too many.)
-2 Cilan (not really needed)

+1 Zoroark BW (foul play helps this deck a lot)
+3-2 Weavile HGSS Era (disrption helps this deck a lot... also more dark pokes to fill the bench)
+1 Weavile NXD (awesome against terrakion or in the mirror matchup)
+1 Pichu (helps fill your bench right away to get you up to maximum power)

Hope this was helpful

Thanks for suggesting Zoroark BW's use! :) I'm going to test it on PlayTCG. But I'm not sure about Pichu. Pichu seems to help my opponent set up and if I take out Cilan, I won't be able to get out my basic darks faster to partner it with Dark Patch.

@Eon: Thanks for sugessting Absol Prime!

I don't like Tornadus in this as a fighting counter, because it weakens your Brutal Bash for the 2 turns your setting him up. Or if you start with him, that's even worse. You could try using Honchkrow UD16/90 ({D}{C}{C} does 10 damage plus 10 more for each Darkness Pokemon in your discard pile) or Mandibuzz BW. They're both resistant to Fighting, and are both 2HKOed by Terrakion (just like Tornadus). Mandibuzz works well with Absol, but Honchkrow is better in the late game. Personally, I'd go with Mandibuzz, since you're using Absol.

I don't have experience with a Dark deck, so, I don't know what's best. I hope this post helped you out ^_^d

Machamp the Champion said:
I don't like Tornadus in this as a fighting counter, because it weakens your Brutal Bash for the 2 turns your setting him up. Or if you start with him, that's even worse. You could try using Honchkrow UD16/90 ({D}{C}{C} does 10 damage plus 10 more for each Darkness Pokemon in your discard pile) or Mandibuzz BW. They're both resistant to Fighting, and are both 2HKOed by Terrakion (just like Tornadus). Mandibuzz works well with Absol, but Honchkrow is better in the late game. Personally, I'd go with Mandibuzz, since you're using Absol.

I don't have experience with a Dark deck, so, I don't know what's best. I hope this post helped you out ^_^d

Thanks for the suggestions but I think just adding in another Absol Prime would be a good thing because if I add in Mandibuzz, the deck might get a little clunky and plus I already have Darkrai EX for sniping but I'll definitely give it a shot. :)

@Zorua: Ok. :)

No Mandibuzz is destroyed by all ZekEels with its weakess, which will popular with Raikou EX, my opinion is to ditch Zoroark and get a dark type with more than 100HP.

Mootoo said:
No Mandibuzz is destroyed by all ZekEels with its weakess, which will popular with Raikou EX, my opinion is to ditch Zoroark and get a dark type with more than 100HP.

Yea, so are Tornadus EP and the EX. But there still really popular. and Mandibuzz would be OHKOed by half the things in Zekrom/Eelektrik anyway. All the good Pokemon with a Fighting Resistance are week to Lightning (except Shaymin EX. But that gets OHKOed by Zekrom and Friends anyway).

So it's your choice. Have better odds at beating Terrakion and slightly decrease your odds at beating Zekrom/Eelektrik. OR have a horrible time beating Terrakion and have slightly better odds at beating Zekrom/Eelektrik. I never even proposed that Mandibuzz would be the main attacker. I just said it could be a tech.

I don't see why the player with the Terrakion would ever waste time hitting Mandibuzz when there are better targets to kill.

Unfortunately, for the Zoroark deck to work, you don't have a choice but to accept the fact that fighting decks are uphill battles from the start. There isn't a point of teching against them because like it was mentioned, it drops Zoroark's damage output. For that reason, you should consider dropping Tornadus and Cleffa.

Absol is kind of counter productive, seeing as how setting up the Zoroark via Ascension is more important. You want to be able to guarantee that early pressure from Zoroark instead of Absol. After the first turn, Absol doesn't do anything but sit on the bench. I'd rather the Zoroark 1st turn than 70 damage, not to mention saving my resources for the heart of the deck. I wouldn't want to waste patches, special darks or dark claws on Absol when for the same energy, I can deal more damage with Zoroark instead.

Drop Sage and Cilan for max Juniper and Oak. Also put in Random Receiver. You won't need to worry about discarding energy when you have Juniper, Ultra Ball and Junk Arm. When you consider that, sage is just inferior draw support.

I agree with JimboJumbo, not to mention with Mewtwo EX, Cleffa is more easy to donk than ever. If your running Weavile, at least run some Seeker or Super Scoop Up, they are sitting ducks without it, discarding 2 cards is not going to help your or be worth 2 prizes. Run less dark patch also, deck space and time will be taken if you delibiratily try to discard dark energy.

Back