TCG Fakes The Custom PTCG Plugin (Lackey) - A "Manual PTCGO" for Original Pokémon Cards!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Version 0.8.0: SM Legacy Collection: Sinnoh has been released! This is the culmination of a huge project by @KnightofDust that adds over 200 new Pokémon cards to the Expanded Modern format. What new decks and combos will you uncover? You can get cracking and view all those cards here!

Additionally, three new Trainer cards are being added to Expanded Modern to facilitate play of other cards that already exist in Lackey. You can view them below:

WF2_P02.png
WF2_P01.png
SMP_006.png

And, finally, we’re issuing three errata for the following cards. Their images in Lackey are updated accordingly:

Sandstorm Stadium. [Generally degenerate; updated to reflect original intent of card.]

WAS:
Once during each player’s turn, that player may discard a card from their hand. If they do, that player puts 1 damage counter on each Pokémon in play (except [F] Pokémon). A player can’t use this effect more than once per turn.

NOW:
… that player may discard a [F] Energy card from their hand. If they do …
Croagunk. [Could lead to worrying combos, while being pretty strictly unfun in its current incarnation.]

WAS:
During your opponent’s next turn, your opponent can’t play any Supporter cards from their hand.

NOW:
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent’s next turn …
Roxanne. [Too much search on one card.]

WAS:
Search your deck for a Pokémon card, Item card, and basic Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

NOW:
Search your deck for an Item card and a basic Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

In addition to the above errata, we also want to make a statement on Goodra-GX, since we know it’s been the object of plenty of discussion. We acknowledge that it has a lot of things going for it that make it a clear “best deck in format” in Expanded Modern — it shuts down many attackers, can easy make power plays, and has outstanding support cards — but we don’t want to take such drastic action as to render it unplayable. Goodra is an interesting card, and we don’t want to nerf it into the ground.

So our approach, at least for now, will continue to be “wait and see”. Since we’re introducing over 200 new cards in this update, we need to see how the format develops, what new kinds of decks shake out, and what exactly the problem is with Goodra, if any, moving forward. You can think of it like an informal suspect test — feel free to play games with Goodra or without it, as before, and give us your thoughts on its place in the format.

We’ll give everyone some time to get used to the new update, construct new decks, and play with them. Then we can decide on how to proceed in order to make Goodra a good, fun, interesting part of the metagame without warping the format around it.

===

The plugin should update automatically — if you have any issues, let us know!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Version 0.8.1: Bug fixes update has been released!

Changes to effects: Togepi (RXS)'s Aloe Dream Ability is now on Togetic (RXS), and Togetic's attack is now on Togepi. This was the original intention.
Updates to scans: Budew (RXS), Magby (RXS), Octillery (RXS), Pichu (RXS), Mime Jr (RXS), Chingling (RXS), Bonsly (RXS), Cleffa (RXS), Azurill (RXS), Happiny (RXS), Munchlax (RXS), Mantyke (RXS), Pyroar (SPR), Gallade (RXS), Mamoswine (RXS).
Erratas: Leafeon (RXS) (damage done the Active Pokemon is increased).

Name changes: "Dusk" is now called "Dusk Ball"; "Mawlite" is now "Mawilite".

You will need re-add Dusk Ball and Mawilite cards to any decklists that had those cards in them, as the name has changed.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Version 0.8.2: balancing update has been released! After a few weeks of playtesting, we've reached some erratas on cards that were too powerful or otherwise unfun or unhealthy for the format. Special thanks to @PMJ @Nyora @Jabberwock @Nyan @FourteenAlmonds @KnightofDust who helped playtest and suggest changes to help make this update happen!

We’re issuing errata for the following cards. Their images in Lackey are updated accordingly:

Ability: Magic Trick. [Unprecedented draw power that was missed in the original review.]

WAS:
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, before you draw a card at the beginning of your turn, you may discard your hand and draw 8 cards instead.

NOW:
Only draw 6 cards.
Transcend. [The auto-win was game-breaking and strictly unfair.]

WAS:
If you have exactly 5 cards in your deck, you may win the game.

NOW:
If you have 5 or fewer cards in your deck, this attack does 150 more damage.
Ability: Neutralizing Flames. [An Energy discarding effect without drawback or limitation.]

WAS:
At the end of your turn, discard an Energy from your opponent’s Poisoned Pokemon.

NOW:
At the end of your turn, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, ...
Enraged. [An unnecessary Energy discard effect that could be easily abused.]

WAS:
This attack does 30 damage times the number of Prize cards your opponent has taken. Discard 2 Energy attached to each player's Active Pokemon.

NOW:
Enraged no longer discards Energy.
Ability: Leech. [Healing effects have the potential to induce unfun stall archetypes. With the splashability and uniqueness of this effect, we wanted to reduce the heal amount to see if Remoraid would be viable be with that change. If it is not viable, fakers are welcome to design new cards with more viable versions of this effect.]

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may shuffle all cards attached to this Pokemon into your deck and attach it to 1 of your Pokemon as a Pokemon Tool card. The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to now have the additional effect "Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon". (If an attack would already heal damage from that Pokemon, ignore this effect.).

NOW:
Leech only heals 10 damage, not 20. Leech also discards all cards attached to Remoraid on attach, instead of shuffling.
Enraged. [Significantly overpowered for a [C]-type Basic Pokemon in SM-era.]

WAS:
[C][C][C] Decimate 80+. This attack does 20 more damage for each different type of Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's). Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

NOW:
[C][C][C] Decimate 20+. This attack does 20 more damage for each different type of Pokemon on your Bench.
Ability: Dragon Care. [A stackable and unlimited heal effect with concerns that it would enable unfun dragon stall archetypes.]

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may heal 20 damage from 1 of your [N] Pokemon.

NOW:
Has the additional effect: "You can't use more than 1 Dragon Care Ability each turn."
Ability: Draco Charge. [Unprecedented energy acceleration on a Basic that enabled dominant to broken combos with various effects, from Dragon Splicer to Sunny Park Colosseum to other Energy accelerators like Flareon RXS. This change keeps Turtantor more inline with Reshiram]

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched [N] Pokemon.

NOW:
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your [N] Pokemon.

Flamethrower now has 120 base damage, instead of 110.
Ability: Judgement. [Arceus functioned as an effective AZ without restriction and enables several broken combos. This change brings Arceus more in line with the original intent]

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your Benched Pokemon. Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon and attach it to this Pokemon. This Pokemon can use the attacks of any Pokemon attached to it. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) At the end of your turn, discard all Pokemon attached to this Pokemon.
NOW:
This Pokemon can use the attacks of any of your Pokemon in play. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) Whenever this Pokemon uses an attack of 1 of your Benched Pokemon, discard that Pokemon and all cards attached to it.

We hope you've been enjoying Lackey so far! It's been great to see so many archetypes emerge from the addition of @KnightofDust's Sinnoh Collection set, including Cressgeist, Magmortar, Floatzel, Lucario, ElekidBox and Regigigas among others.

===

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
While I don’t possess the type of editing software needed for designing custom cards, I find the idea intriguing and may even consider designing a small mini-set if I ever get the skill to design cards of this sort. I have a few questions regarding the system of card design.
1. Is it advisable to analyze the entire standing meta before designing cards?
2. Is it bad if a card I design has a similar strategy to an existing card?
3. Am I allowed to make alternate arts of existing cards (both real and in Lackey)?
4. How often do cards actually get approved and added into Lackey? Because I see very few sets in the above set list.
5. As mentioned before I don’t possess any sort of photoshop software. Is it okay if I use an existing free Pokémon Card maker program, or is that frowned on as lazy and unprofessional?
6. Are there any free photoshopping programs that you would recommend for beginners card designing?
7. Is there any sort of guide (not a long rambling Q&A forum, but a concise guidebook) that addresses all these questions and any others I may have?
Again, I am very unfamiliar with how this all works and am probably on the wrong forum for these questions, I’m just trying to figure out the do’s and don’t’s of card design and submission.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
1. Is it advisable to analyze the entire standing meta before designing cards?
It's always a good idea to understand the metagame you're designing cards for. If you haven't already given the plugin a try, I'd recommend playing a few games! No better way to understand the format than by playing in it. :)
2. Is it bad if a card I design has a similar strategy to an existing card?
Not at all; we have a few archetypes in Lackey that play somewhat similarly to real-life archetypes. (As an example, Alolan Graveler FBA has a similar Ability to Aromatisse XY.) There's so much room for creativity in deckbuilding, though, as well as the format itself being fairly different, that it won't end up being a carbon copy of a real-life deck.
3. Am I allowed to make alternate arts of existing cards (both real and in Lackey)?
In general, we discourage making carbon copies of existing cards. (There are some exceptions for Trainers, if they're fun without being format-defining. Above all, the objective here is to make an interesting custom format. Real-life cards can add to that, but they also very easily take away from it.)
Alternate arts of Lackey cards would be interesting; we've never actually had anyone submit alternate arts of cards that aren't their own. We'd suggest getting permission from the original creator of those cards to use their work, but apart from that we wouldn't have a problem with it.
4. How often do cards actually get approved and added into Lackey? Because I see very few sets in the above set list.
The review process takes a few months from one set to the next. You can find the full process in the OP now — this is an announcement we made over Discord a little while back that somehow never made it over to this thread. Anyway, it's there now. :p
5. As mentioned before I don’t possess any sort of photoshop software. Is it okay if I use an existing free Pokémon Card maker program, or is that frowned on as lazy and unprofessional?
We have yet to find a Pokémon card generator that adequately mimics the caliber of card we're looking for. Recurring problems include font errors, weird placements, and just a general lack of versatility. Ultimately there's not a lot you can do with generators.
6. Are there any free photoshopping programs that you would recommend for beginners card designing?
Photopea is an in-browser program that some of our members have had recent success with. It's particularly noteworthy because it can open PSD files, so it can use existing font guides and such.
GIMP is also a go-to answer to this question — it's hugely versatile, but skills don't translate so easily between GIMP and Photoshop, so fewer of our members will be able to help you get your bearings.
7. Is there any sort of guide (not a long rambling Q&A forum, but a concise guidebook) that addresses all these questions and any others I may have?
If you haven't already, join our Discord! We have a comprehensive, streamlined list of resources to help get you started, and an active community happy to answer any questions you've got. :)

Thanks! I’ll be sure to give the format a try and maybe next weekend I’ll be able to play around with Photopea a bit! Right now I’m just working on the illustrations and card text, but you make a great point about immersing myself in the Lackey format first! All your advise was very helpful!
P.S. is there a monthly or quarterly set release system in the format, and would special minisets of a couple dozen cards fall outside of that release system and perhaps be quicker to process?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
P.S. is there a monthly or quarterly set release system in the format, and would special minisets of a couple dozen cards fall outside of that release system and perhaps be quicker to process?
There's no established schedule right now; it's just whenever we finish reviewing a set. Each new set entails a few weeks of consideration on the part of the Council, a couple more weeks of back-and-forth with the set designer where we work to implement any necessary changes, and then some intensive playtesting. The whole process takes a couple months — and while some of it does depend on how big the set is, any set is going to take us a fair amount of time to implement.

Take a look at the "How to Submit" section of the original post of this thread for information about how sets are processed, and lmk if there's anything further I can clarify. :)

Say, I'm trying to download the app version of LackeyCCG and I can't find it on the AppStore. Did Apple remove it? What is the exact name of the app? (I know, it should be self obvious, but funnily enough no one says the name of the app and for all I know it could be called Peanutbutter.). I don't want to download the MacOS version in case a virus gets into the lackey system ("gotta hate them family album whiping viruses!"), and when I go to the link provided on this thread and press the link for the App Store version it gives me a Dropbox download? What is going on here, am I missing anything critical (and perhaps embarrassingly obvious) and is there anything I can do about it? If anybody can help, that would be great. In the meantime I can keep working on the set artwork and card texts.
Sorry for being such a high-maintenance forum member. I feel like I'm asking for help way too often and it must be giving you admins and thread-posters a headache.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Say, I'm trying to download the app version of LackeyCCG and I can't find it on the AppStore. Did Apple remove it? What is the exact name of the app? (I know, it should be self obvious, but funnily enough no one says the name of the app and for all I know it could be called Peanutbutter.). I don't want to download the MacOS version in case a virus gets into the lackey system ("gotta hate them family album whiping viruses!"), and when I go to the link provided on this thread and press the link for the App Store version it gives me a Dropbox download? What is going on here, am I missing anything critical (and perhaps embarrassingly obvious) and is there anything I can do about it? If anybody can help, that would be great. In the meantime I can keep working on the set artwork and card texts.
Sorry for being such a high-maintenance forum member. I feel like I'm asking for help way too often and it must be giving you admins and thread-posters a headache.

I think you're right that the app isn't available on the AppStore anymore; the app was called LackeyCCG.

You may be able to download the app using the "DOWNLOAD the iPad version" link on the Lackey downloads page (https://www.lackeyccg.com/downloads.html), which should download the files your need directly to your iPad. Otherwise, there may not be an iPad option at this stage - a Windows or Mac download would be your only option.

I don't want to download the MacOS version in case a virus gets into the lackey system ("gotta hate them family album whiping viruses!"), and when I go to the link provided on this thread and press the link for the App Store version it gives me a Dropbox download?
Cautiousness is great, but for what it's worth, viruses don't quite work like this. Either the virus is in the files of the download, or it's not - it doesn't "creep in" post-download. Since we as third-party users of the software have not experienced any virus or any other adverse effects from downloading Lackey, I'm fairly confident in saying that the Lackey download contains no viruses.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Version 0.9.0: SM: High Stakes has been released! Branch into some new mechanics and exciting new deckbuilding space with this collection of over 130 new cards by @PMJ! You can see all those cards here.

We’re making a few minor fixes to typos on Cubchoo (FBA), Ribombee-GX (FBA), and Dream Ball (SMP). These are all strictly aesthetic and don’t change anything on the mechanics side of things.

We’re also making typo corrections to the names of Magnezone (RXS) and Drifblim (RXS). These don’t change how the cards work, but may require re-adding the cards to your deck after the name changes.

Finally, we have one erratum:
WAS:
"Until the end of your next turn, your opponent's Active Pokémon takes 100 more damage ..."

NOW:
"Until the end of your next turn, the Defending Pokémon takes 100 more damage ..."

We’re now entering a playtesting phase for this set, so expect another update soon with a few errata as we iron out the bumps!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Version 0.9.1: Balancing update has been released! Many thanks to our Lackey playtesters over on Discord for their help getting the format up to speed.

This update contains buffs and nerfs not only to High Stakes, but also to a fair number of previously released cards, to make the format as a whole better suited for facilitating a wide variety of powerful decks. Be sure to check them out below!

Buffs:

Requirement had undesirable anti-synergy with Wobbuffet HST.

WAS:
You can play this card only if Golbot and Zubot are in your discard pile […]

NOW:
You can play this card only if Golbot and Zubot are in your discard pile or the Lost Zone […]
Too high an investment to play; not enough reward. Only drawing 3 cards meant that the player was often shut out of the game at that point.

WAS:
[…] Then, draw 3 cards.

NOW:
[…] Then, draw 5 cards.
The niche [R] Pokémon requirement meant that the card saw no play, especially since its effect was anti-synergistic with many [R] decks in the format.

WAS:
For each of your [R] Pokémon in play, shuffle an Energy card from your discard pile into your deck.

NOW:
For each of your Pokémon in play, shuffle an Energy card from your discard pile into your deck.
Requirement had undesirable anti-synergy with Wobbuffet HST.

WAS:
You can play this card only if Zubot is in your discard pile […]

NOW:
You can play this card only if Zubot is in your discard pile or the Lost Zone […]
Coin flip was unnecessary and held it back from being a broadly useful card.

WAS:
When the [W] Pokémon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, you may flip a coin. If heads, put all Energy attached to it into your hand.

NOW:
When the [W] Pokémon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, you may put all Energy attached to it into your hand.
WAS:
120 HP

NOW:
140 HP
Ability has a lot of potential, but is outclassed too easily.

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, attach a [W] Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon.

NOW:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [W] Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Only particularly powerful in the lategame, when its effect is less useful.

WAS:
Discard your hand. Then, count the total number of Prize cards that both players have taken and draw that many cards.

NOW:
Count the total number of Prize cards that both players have taken and draw that many cards.
Underpowered compared with many other Stadiums in format.

WAS:
Once during each player’s turn, that player may search their deck for a Basic Pokémon with Undellan in its name and put it onto their Bench. Then, that player shuffles their deck.

NOW:
Once during each player’s turn, that player may search their deck for a Pokémon that has Undellan in its name, reveal it, and put it into their hand. Then, that player shuffles their deck.
Shouldn’t have had such a steep requirement to play, especially considering its role as a stepping stone to Golbot and Crobot ◊.

WAS:
You can play this card only if your opponent has 3 or more basic Energy cards in their discard pile. […]

NOW:
You can play this card only if you have fewer cards in your hand than your opponent. […]

Nerfs:

Enabled a potentially game-breaking combo with Houndoom FAL.

WAS:
If this card is attached to 1 of your Pokémon, discard it at the end of your opponent’s turn. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to the Pokémon this card is attached to if it is your Active Pokémon. The Pokémon this card is attached to can’t attack, retreat, evolve, or devolve, and has no Abilities.

NOW:
Energy cards attached to the Pokémon this card is attached to can’t be removed by effects of your opponent’s attacks, Abilities, or Trainer cards.
Too easy to power up and maintain a 180-damage attack with a deck-load of other tools at your disposal.

WAS:
Obliterate: 180 damage.

NOW:
Obliterate: 140 damage.
The ability to heal 40 damage at the end of every turn was just a little bit too great a boon for decks like Cressgeist and Snorlax.

WAS:
If your Active Pokémon is Asleep at the end of your turn, draw 3 cards and heal 40 damage from it. […]

NOW:
If your Active Pokémon is Asleep at the end of your turn, draw 3 cards and heal 30 damage from it. […]
Through the speed of Eevee RXS, Flareon outclasses many, many other forms of Energy acceleration.

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a basic [R] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon. You can’t use more than 1 Cosmic Flames Ability each turn.

NOW:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a basic [R] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. You can’t use more than 1 Cosmic Flames Ability each turn.
Forcing the opponent to shuffle and draw 3 at any point in the game was an undesirable power for Dark/Rocket decks to have.

WAS:
[…] If your Active Pokémon has Dark or Rocket’s in its name, you draw 5 cards and your opponent draws 3 cards instead. […]

NOW:
[…] If your Active Pokémon has Dark or Rocket’s in its name, you draw 6 cards instead. […]
Gatekeeps low-HP Bench sitters too easily.

WAS:
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has fewer Energy attached to it than this Pokémon. […]

NOW:
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has fewer Energy attached to it than this Pokémon. […]
Future-proofing concerns.

WAS:
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may search your discard pile for an Item card and put it into your hand.

NOW:
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may shuffle an Item card from your discard pile into your deck.
Damage output was too high.

WAS:
[…] this Pokémon’s attacks do 100 more damage to that Pokémon […]

NOW:
[…] this Pokémon’s attacks do 80 more damage to that Pokémon […]
Stacks with many other damage-increasing cards; too easily splashable in spread decks.

WAS:
Each Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s) gets -10 HP. […]

NOW:
Each player’s Active Pokémon gets -10 HP. […]
Enabled some one-turn-kill combos; made future-proofing a nightmare.

WAS:
Search your deck for any Stage 1 or Stage 2 Evolution card and put it on your Active Pokémon to evolve it. If you do, until the end of your turn, each basic Energy attached to that Pokémon provides every type of Energy but only 1 Energy at a time. At the end of your turn, devolve the Pokémon you evolved in this way by discarding the top Evolution card on it.

NOW:
Put a Pokémon with Dark or Rocket’s in its name from your hand onto your Active Pokémon to evolve it. (That Pokémon can’t evolve again this turn.) At the end of your turn, devolve the Pokémon you evolved in this way by discarding the top Evolution card on it.
Swinginess and extreme versatility were deemed undesirable for this card.

WAS:
Choose 1:
> Discard a Special Energy from 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon.
> Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy from 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon.

NOW:
You may play 2 Red Scale cards at once.
> If you played 1 card, look at the top card of either player’s deck. Then, you may put that card on the bottom of that player’s deck.
> If you played 2 cards, discard an Energy from 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon. (This effect works one time for 2 cards.)
Healing decks already have a wide variety of options — healing 30 additional damage is excessive.

WAS:
Whenever you head any damage from your [D], [Y], or [C] Pokémon, heal 30 more damage from it. […]

NOW:
Whenever you head any damage from your [D], [Y], or [C] Pokémon, heal 20 more damage from it. […]
Likely to drop at least 180 damage through Counterattack alone over the course of a game.

WAS:
If your Active Pokémon is damaged by an opponent’s attack […], put 3 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

NOW:
If your Active Pokémon is damaged by an opponent’s attack […], put 2 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon.

Minor errata and aesthetic changes:

Border was darker than it should have been.
Border was the wrong holosheet (sunlava -> galaxy).
WAS:
As long as this Gigalith is your Active Pokémon, the Defending Pokémon can’t retreat.

NOW:
As long as this Gigalith-GX is your Active Pokémon, the Defending Pokémon can’t retreat.
Updated with a holosheet on the border.

Additionally, the Pokémon B rule has been updated in order to prevent high-variance hit-and-run stall decks from becoming format-defining. Where it used to read “[…] If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent that damage”, it now reads “[…] When this Pokémon is Knocked Out, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent can’t take any Prize cards for it. All 18 Pokémon B have been updated with this change.

And finally, Darkness Energy, which were previously named “Dark Energy” have had their name corrected. This means you may have to re-add Darkness Energy to any existing decks.

Take some time to get used to the new format! We’ll have our very first Lackey tournament up and running soon, so there’s no time like the present to familiarize yourself with all the cards and start building some new decks.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Version 0.9.2: Balancing update has been released! This update sees Goodra-GX finally nerfed, plus some minor changes to meta staples Vespiquen RXS and Floatzel RXS, and a change to Monferno RXS.

Format-warping, gatekept the meta and dominated every other viable deck.

WAS: Slime Guard costed [W][W][Y]; GX attack discard all Energy attached to Active.

NOW:Slime Guard costs [W][W][Y][C]; GX attack is a high damage output (250) effect.
The ability to search for two [G] Pokemon without drawback is far beyond power levels for comparable support Pokemon in the official TCG.

WAS: "Once during your turn..., you may search your deck..."

NOW: "Once during your turn..., you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, you may search your deck..."
A ubiquitous Monkey Business attack had the potential to enable unfun and toxic stall decks.

WAS: "Discard a card from 1 of your opponent's Pokemon."

NOW: "Discard an Energy or Pokemon Tool card from your opponent's Active Pokemon."
Floatzel archetypes should need to run additional techs should they want to give their Pokemon free retreat; it should not be in-built.

WAS: "The Retreat Cost for each of your [W] Pokemon is [C] less."

NOW: "The Retreat Cost for each of your Basic [W] Pokemon is [C] less."

The plugin should update automatically — if you have any issues, let us know! The community Lost Wonders set is on track to be our next Lackey release, so keep an eye out for that! More Lackey Tournaments will come in the meantime.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Version 1.0.0: SM: Lost Wonders has finally been released! This set is the culmination of a more-than-year-long project by the faking community, and we’re happy to bring it to full implementation at last! A few things have changed since the original spoilers were drawn up — you can view the whole set here.

Additionally, we have one new card to add to the increasingly-inaccurately-named “five-card-miniset” of staple Trainers by @Nyan — this one’s Rare Candy! You probably already know what it does, but you can view the card in all its glory below:
7_Rare_Candy.png

Now comes the all-important playtesting phase! This set has been in the works for a long time, but it still remains to be seen how it plays out. Help us test the new format over on the Faking Community Discord!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
snip.PNG

Version 2.0.0: DPPt+ custom format overhaul! Massive kudos to @PMJ who made the over 400+ cards in this brand new format, including a Delta Species inspired set, a remaster of Unsung Heroes and a tribute to Omega's Ultra Beast-themed Ultra Invasion miniset.

It's all been pre-planned and pre-balanced with plenty of archetypes and draw engines to build around, including some reimagined 2000s era classics. One of the biggest critiques we got of the previous format was that it felt more modern than old-school. Thanks to @PMJ, and the effort of @Jabberwock, @DoubleAACE, @Nyan and so many others who have helped this format feel truely DPPt!

You'll notice that we've gotten rid of Zygarde's Welkin set. We love the set but feel it didn't quite fit the DPPt vibe, unfortunately!

Take some time to get used to the new format - and of course, check out the Discord (link here) if you want to play a game.