Project The Community Pokédex Project! Poll 3 Results

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IWfGkYqFqliK14oT6OYgjRghoFgTBN9F1S6K0EgCzsU/viewanalytics

This has the full results!

Next one should be up tonight! I'm having issues making the poll ATM. Thanks google.

Here is a quick summary of the results!

- 34 Responses
- Starters: Turtwig, Charmander, Froakie
- Regional Birds: Pidgey and Noibat
- Regional Rodent: Zigzagoon
- Secondary Starters was a tie between Elekid/Magby/Smoochum and Zoura/Riolu/Espurr
- Legendary: Mewtwo, Hoopa was behind by only 1 vote. There was a 7 way tie for 3rd place!

Last edited:
The poll crashed and whenever I try to open google docs I get this error message.
Google Docs encountered an error. Please try reloading this page, or coming back to it in a few minutes.

To learn more about the Google Docs editors, please visit our help center.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
- The Google Docs Team

Looks like the poll won't be up for a while.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17ltauzZHofb3sjTaifacyn7FCbgfCT5GjzU9cp86hw4/viewform?usp=send_form

And finally part two is up! Let's see if we can get to 40 responses!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining in on the fun here. I'm interested in seeing what kind of plotline you would develop at least for the post-game legendary, if not for the entire game.

Joining in on the fun here. I'm interested in seeing what kind of plotline you would develop at least for the post-game legendary, if not for the entire game.

I had thought of several ideas.

- We pull a BW and have you get Mewtwo in order to stop the evil team from running rampant with another legendary (say Regigigas). Evil team tries to get Regigigas, you get Mewtwo and battle. Post game you can get Regigigas.

- We pull a HG/SS and make the evil team not intrested in Mewtwo, but Mewtwo is part of the folklore of the region. Perhaps a prophecy or some sort? If this was the case the region would have to be set at least 50 years after the events of FR/LG for this to really make sense.

- We have you encounter Mewtwo early on and your goal is not to beat the pokemon league but instead to meet Mewtwo once again. The pokemon league is still there and you must beat the champion before fighting Mewtwo.

You gave me an option to choose Pichu :D

Technically I gave you two! ;)

This seems fun, just submitted for poll 2! Wish Chimchar had won though :(

Well, if you want to see Chimchar have a chance at redemption you could always vote Chimchar in the "other" section in the poll! And I'll allow you to vote again because you probably didn't know you could.

Well, I thought I should post what the Pokedex looks like so far to avoid confusion.

We're at 10 responses so far. Great job guys!

EDIT: 11 responses. I have looked at the results and noticed that 1 Pokemon has gotten 100% of the votes in his catagory- every single person who has took the poll so far has voted for him! I'll reveal who this Pokemon is at 8/8 at 6:30 PM, which is when part 2 of the poll ends.

EDIT 2: I forgot to explain how the other catagory works! Everyone who votes "other" will have to submit a response. If other wins, then the Pokemon whose name was chosen from other wins. In the event of a tie, I'll use a random number generator to pick which response from other wins.

Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Noibat/Noivern
Zigzagoon/Lionoone
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Nincada/Shedninja/Ninjask
Joltik/Galvantula
Magikarp/Gyarados
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Buisel/Floatzel
Ralts/Kirla/Gardevoir/Gallade
Sabeleye
Mawile
Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Eevee/Eeveelutions
Poochyena/Mightyena
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Growithe/Arcanine
Mewtwo

Last edited:
So I'm thinking, I like the idea of having Mewtwo as the main legendary, because in my fantasy the player character is chasing down the evil organization up to the point that they engineer a Mewtwo which you have to fight (lv 50), then escapes in the aftermath of that battle. Come post-game, you uncover the secrets of the second legendary and we find out that it's tied-in to tracking down Mewtwo. You could even figure out a mechanic that's like a fusion of overcoming OW obstacles in the Ranger series and solving the Regi puzzles to navigate a far-off cave laced with traps set up by Mewtwo itself in the name of being left alone until you encounter it again (lv 70).

Loose thoughts.

Actually, I wouldn't mind something more deep, like say, the player being captured by the evil team and losing all his/her Pokemon [temporarily, of course] and then befreinds Mewtwo to battle the boss of the evil team, who is using your team of Pokémon. After defeating the boss, you gain your Pokémon back...

And that's all I've got so far. I'll come up with more tomorrow.

Awww, like none of my options won from the 1st run. I guess I like unpopular Pokémon. :p

I don't think any of my options got picked outside of Caterpie and Zubat. Oh well; what can you do?

Chipped in my two cents for the second poll.

We're at 23 responses now! Fantastic!

To the person that listed "Shrek" for the Other category: I like the way you think. Unfortunately Shrek will not be a gift Pokemon in the game. Perhaps we can fit in some reference or cameo, though.

My Grass lobbie didn't had a change in the first poll!

My votes for the second are in! I froze with that Grass only choice!

I had thought of several ideas.

- We pull a BW and have you get Mewtwo in order to stop the evil team from running rampant with another legendary (say Regigigas). Evil team tries to get Regigigas, you get Mewtwo and battle. Post game you can get Regigigas.

- We pull a HG/SS and make the evil team not intrested in Mewtwo, but Mewtwo is part of the folklore of the region. Perhaps a prophecy or some sort? If this was the case the region would have to be set at least 50 years after the events of FR/LG for this to really make sense.

- We have you encounter Mewtwo early on and your goal is not to beat the pokemon league but instead to meet Mewtwo once again. The pokemon league is still there and you must beat the champion before fighting Mewtwo.

Why not have Mewtwo as the villain a la Malamar, fight and capture him!?

Hmm... That certainly seems like an interesting idea...
About the plot-thingy, I'm more leaning towards using Mew2 as a device of evil teams plan, ranging from development of science over yers allowing them to create an army of mindless minion Mewtwos(Maybe with the hero recieving help from the Original Mewtwo), to simply having the Bad Guys so frustrated with our hero that they pull out "World's Most Powerful Pokemon" to give him an obstacle he cannot overcome.
And, if you decide to go with Jabberwock's Evil Gym Leaders idea, then how about having the villianous ones to have their teams based around a certain theme or gimmick, like a team of Explosion Mega Metagross and 5 Explosion Gigaliths or something along these lines?

Or, what if you went all Destiny Deoxys on it and there were two Mewtwos? You could rescue the first one and destroy their lab, and then the crime boss will come back later on before the E4 with a second one that they had just enough money to clone, and you engage in a Mewtwo VS Mewtwo MEGA EVO BATTLE WHAAAAAA-

And if there were going to be only one installment of Pokemon Beach Version with no counterpart, you can pick your Mewtwonite and lose track of the other one (because the bad guys have it) until the postgame.

There will be only one version, but next poll we'll be able to vote on the name.

The options I'm planning are

- Pokemon Beach Version
- Pokemon Purple Version
- Pokemon Indigo Version
- Pokemon Unleashed

Any other suggestions? I'll also put an "other" option as well for the poll.

Also, we have 30 responses so far! 10 more until we meet our goal!

Back