Writing The Clash of Land and Sea (Update: Chapter 33)

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
[Warning]: If you do not like fast-paced stories that do not have too much descriptions, then this might not be for you. I go by things very quickly, yet the stories are always long. The shortest is chapter 1 which is like 1400ish words.

Tony and Alex are star-crossed lovers with opposite backgrounds and have respectively joined rivals Team Aqua, whose intentions favor the seas, and Team Magma, whose goal is to create more land. The two become fierce competitors yet often work together in secret. As they realize the dangers their crime syndicates have put themselves in, can Tony and Alex save the whole Hoenn region? Or will everything be lost?

So here is Chapter 1:
Fight or Flight

Anthony: Treecko 10

"Caroline I don't care if you are 'tired,' you know it's your job to clean the dishes!" a familiar voice says.

After that, a smack! can be heard in the kitchen, following that comes a woman's grief.

I open my eyes and get out of bed. My room's a mahogany color, but most rooms in Littleroot Town are. I have one small wooden desk in the corner, a broken bed frame with a mattress in it that has springs sticking out. My floor has some holes in it. My only source of electricity is a small light bulb in my room and a wind-up TV in the corner. I glance around in my closet to find a fresh blue shirt. I go to the floor of the closet for my other clothes.

Once I'm dressed, I head to my bathroom—the only one in the house, and brush my teeth with an old wooden brush and outdated toothpaste. Now, I'm ready for the day. I walk back into my room and sit on the bed. In comes my best friend and Pokémon, my beloved Treecko.

This Treecko was given to me by my mother, who is a breeder at the daycare. She insists that the scars and bruises on her face and arms are from the Pokémon—but I know better.

I take Treecko into the bathroom and scrub him with a rag, cleaning the dirt. It's a peculiar Pokémon. The way its hands are, it can scale buildings and climb walls. Its green complexion helps it blend in with the trees. I smile at my Pokémon, and the two of us, Treecko in my arms, walk out into the living room.

"I'm sorry, honey! I can't do everything…I'm the one that provides for the family. You just sit and watch your fancy television," my mother says, steadying herself on a kitchen chair. The living room is my stepdad's room—he controls the house. He has a nice flat screen TV that he calls his "baby" mounted on the wall. He stares at that thing for hours.

"Are you trying to say something?" he says, getting up. My "father" is a fairly plump man, with a burger always somewhere on his couch-bed.

"I'm trying to say that if you're going to live with me, you need to help this family! Anthony is just thirteen…and I can't do everything for this family!" she cries.

My mother is a beautiful woman, with medium-long brown hair and blue eyes. Her smile is warming, her optimism is always appreciated.

I walk in the room, and upon hearing my name, come beside my mother to confront my stepdad.

"Get out, kid. I don't need you for anything," he says.

"You can't hurt my mother like that. I can't stand how you can just sit there and abuse her! That's it, I'm calling Officer Jenny!" I scream, running to the phone.

"You will do nothing of the sort!" he yells back, tackling me and slamming me hard to the ground.

"Ah! Treecko, use Pound!" I struggle.

Treecko slams its tail against my stepfather's head, and he flips over. I run to my mom's arms, and she begins crying.

"Why did you even marry him…" I ask her.

"I…I don't know, honey," she says, "I honestly don't know."

. . .
Alex: Oshawott 10

"...!" I gasp, waking up from my nap. I look over to see my Oshawott still asleep.

"Oshawott, wake up!" I tell my Sea Otter Pokémon.

"Osha?" it says, opening its eyes. The blue-and-white otter is so silly, I can't even get it to wake up!

I sit on my pink bed in my pink pajamas and get a brush to straighten out my metallic blue/gray hair. After several knots, I finally get it up to satisfaction. I step off my giant bed onto a couple of steps, and then get to the floor of my room. I step on the nice brown floor and get up to the mirror. From there, I get ready. Soon I change my clothes into a blue shirt and whitish shorts.

I turn on the television to listen to the new day's news.

"…hahaha, that's right, Jeff! Now for the news: today in Rustboro City our high will be about 85 and our low will be 72. Bright skies for a warm May day!" the weather lady smiles.

I turn it off and run downstairs to the main floor.

"Dad, can I go on my Pokémon adventure now?" I ask him, holding Oshawott.

"Not right now, honey, Daddy's doing some work. Here—have some money!" her father says, handing a stack of $1s to his daughter.

My dad's name is Steven Stone. He is the head of the Devon Corporation, the biggest company since Silph back in Kanto. But Dad has made much better discoveries—for example, he figured out how to let Pokémon use HMs without wasting a move slot. The one thing he hasn't discovered is how to pay attention to his girl. I haven't actually gotten to spend time with him for about five months. Since then, he's basically lived in his study room while I just venture wherever and get the necessities of life.

"You can't just bribe me to leave you alone, Dad," I tell him.

"Well then what do you want?"

"I want to either get attention, or leave," I demand, but not like one of those snobby rich girls—I'd rather be poor to understand the meaning of a dollar rather than getting one for being quiet.

"No, honey. Sorry!" he tells me, with his blue hair not even sticking out right. He has a slight five o'clock shadow now, and he hasn't bathed in days. He's constantly trying to create things.

"Fine," I say, and go back upstairs.

From there, I grab a PokéNav so I can know where I'm going in my journey. I also grab some spare clothes, some Pokémon Food for Oshawott, and five different Pokéballs. I run downstairs with it and Oshawott to give my father one last chance.

"Here, have this," Steven Stone tells me, giving me a heart scale, "and play with it. Look, it's pretty! Daddy is very busy!" he says, and turns back around to his computer.

With that, I take the Heart Scale, shove it in my bag, and run out the door of the mansion. This whole city knows me well, too. Who needs Rustboro?

I go eastward towards Rusturf Tunnel, but something…unexpected happens.

Upon my exit from Rustboro City, an Ursaring comes out of the brush and begins attacking me.

"O-Oshawott! Let's go!" I scream, and the two of us run back into town, where the Pokémon can't attack us.

"Looks like we're stuck," I frown.

"Osha…" my Pokémon replies sadly.

. . .​

Anthony: Treecko 10

That night I grab an old brown bag and put in supplies I've kept from small trips to the Pokémart. I put in some Potions, five Pokéballs, a wrinkly Town Map, and a flashlight. Treecko puts in some Pokémon Food, and I put in some regular food and a change of clothes. Once it's plump enough, the two of us, Treecko on my shoulder, sneak out of my bedroom.

My parents are both asleep, my stepdad in the living room and my Mom in her bedroom. I leave a note by her pillow, and then I run out of the house. The note read:

Dear Mom:

I know that you love your husband, but I cannot take him anymore. I can't see you get abused. I'm going to go on a journey, and once I have finished it, I will return with the bravery to defeat him. I want you to know that I love you so much that as I write this, I am crying. Be careful, don't' let him hurt you, and I'll try and see you at the Daycare facility sometime in the future. I already miss you, but I know you'll be looking up at the same sky as I am.

With love, Tony

I run out of the house with Treecko onto Route 101, where I begin travelling around Hoenn for a long time.

So that's the first chapter, let me know what you think! Keep in mind that most criticism won't be used much until the later chapters since I'm 25 chapters in. There aren't too many grammar mistakes, but there are a few (mostly because I type these up at 1:30 every night). Plus I tend to make sentences long, or maybe have a hard time explaining things. So my apologies. Enjoy!

-----
Once this story comes to a close, I will post the links containing the location of each chapter so you won't have to search! Stay tuned.

RE: The Clash of Land and Sea (Chapter 2 is up)

Hey guys, I'll post another chapter. Let me know what you think and I can add it in as the story progresses!

The Dark Side of Petalburg Woods

Anthony: Treecko 11

"Huff…puff…huff!" I wheeze, walking in the door of the Oldale Pokémon Center. It's a large medical facility/trainer hotel, and it welcomes new trainers for the night.

"Um, yes, I'd like a room here?" I ask the woman at the desk.

"Yes sir! We will get you a room on the second floor. The whole hotel is booked but one room, and it's a cramped one. I hope you don't mind," the person informs me.

"That's fine, I'm used to it. Thank you Miss…" I say, squinting to read her name tag.

"Oh, I'm Nurse Joy. I run both the hotel and the hospital in this one building. It's a lot of work, but I have my Pokémon to help me! Now, sometime within the morning I will send a Pokémon in to cater you some food and nourishment. Thank you and have a good night!" she smiles, and her pink hair bounces as she speaks.

I bid her goodnight and I take myself and Treecko up the elevator. I look at the room one last time as the doors close. It's a yellowish room with a door in the back for the Pokémon hospital. Still better than my house in Littleroot Town.

. . .
Alex: Oshawott 11

"Oshawott, I still see it!" I scream to my Sea Otter Pokémon. We speed towards the Rustboro Gym and I trip over a stone and fall against the door of the gym. Oshawott hobbles behind me.

I turn around to see a dark shadow of a bear in the moonlight, one so frightening that I scream loudly so that I can be saved.

"Oshawott, try using Water Gun!" I suggest.

Oshawott squirts a beam of water at the shadow, but it barely flinches.

Ursaring reveals itself from the shadows and rears back, preparing its claws, for an ultimate strike for those who trespassed through its territory.

"It's using Slash!" I scream, grabbing Oshawott and crouching against the door.

"Dwebble, use a Protect and X-Scissor combo!" a voice yells from my right. I peek out to see a brown-haired woman commanding a hermit crab.

The orange crab protects Oshawott and I from the Ursaring's attack, and then it slams an X-shaped attack against the bear—knocking it away and it runs back toward the woods.

"You…you saved me," I say, bewildered.

"That's what Gym Leaders are for," the girl smiles.

"I'm Roxanne, the teacher here at the Pokémon School. Come in, we have a night session," she offers me, and I accept.

Oshawott and I go into the building of the gym. It's apparently also a trainer school.

"Here, come sit and I'll lecture you. The two who pass the final test battle one another, and then I battle the winner!"

I put Oshawott in a chair, grab one of my own, and begin writing down notes. I am going to win this. Looks like I'm pulling an all-nighter.

. . .​

Anthony: Treecko 11

I wake up in the middle of the night and throw on some clothes. I sling my book bag on me, grab Treecko and heave him over my shoulder, and go down the elevator. I can't stay here; my stepfather probably already knows I'm going. Time to go.

I run through Route 103 and run from some Wingull, but it's a dead end and I turn back. Upon turning left of Oldale, Treecko wakes up.

"Perfect, I can level it up more now!" I say, and I tell him what's happened.

"Treecko?" it asks, tilting its head. I figure it's asking if my mom knows we've left.

"Not sure, but come on!"

We run through Route 102 and get stopped by a young kid.

"I want to battle now!" he says, eyes drooping but still energetic.

"Okay, sure!"

"Go, Lillipup!" he says, sending out a Puppy Pokémon. The brown dog stands proudly in front of its trainer.

"Treecko, I choose you!" I say, allowing Treecko to jump on the field.

Treecko then uses a different move from what I've known—Dig. It burrows in the ground while Lillipup misses its Tackle attack. I guess that's how Treecko would live within the floorboards of my room—he dug into a hole and make a home.

"Treecko, now!" I yell.

Treecko pops up from the dirt and slams into Lillipup in a critical hit. It knocks the trainer's Pokémon right out.

"…!" the boy says, recalling his puppy and running back to Oldale Town.

It's still dark out, but I would say it's about 3 am. I keep running, holding Treecko in my arms, until I finally reach Petalburg City. From there, I decide to just sleep for the night.

"Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center!" the familiar nurse says.

"Weren't you in…?" I begin.

"Oldale Town? Oh, no. That's my sister. I run the Petalburg Pokémon Center!" she smiles, trying to explain.

I finally ask her if I can get a hotel room for the rest of the night, and she gladly accepts. As Treecko and I go up the elevator, I can't resist wondering if those women ever get any sleep. I'd be tired after so long of helping every day. I'm no hero, though. I'm just a poor kid.

. . .
Alex: Oshawott 11
"…and that's why Potions are more useful than Oran Berries in some ways, and Oran Berries better in others!" Roxanne explains.

"Now, you all first have to take a test, and the final two participants battle to fight me!" she finishes.

I rush through the test as fast as I can. Potions recover 20 HP. Full Heals cure a Pokémon of its status ailment. A Great Ball is stronger than a Pokéball. Stuff like that is way too easy for me, I was taught that years ago!

"Now everyone turn in your tests!"

I tell Oshawott to stay there, and go to turn in my test. I come back crossing my fingers.

"Let's see…Derek got a 90, Susan got an 85, Logan got a…uh…50, Alex got a 100, and Steven got a 100! Alex and Steven, you two are to battle now!" she screams.

Steven?! My father?! I look around to see the person named Steven. It's just a little boy with a bad nose cold. Phew, I thought it was my father. He still doesn't know I ran off. Although I guess it's not running off if I'm just a couple of houses down.

"Go, Sewaddle! Come on out!" the boy says, sending out his Sewing Pokémon. It's a wormy thing with a leaves at the base of its head.

"Oshawott, you're all I've got!" I rhyme.

"Sewaddle, use Razor Leaf!"

Oshawott is pelted with several sharply-pointed leaves, and moves back a little.

"Oshawott, use your Egg Move! Air Slash!" I excitedly yell.

Oshawott throws its scalchop into the air, and then it slices the air into a blade, which slams into Sewaddle and knocks it out in one hit!

"Nice job, Oshawott!" I say happily as it hops into my arms.

"Congratulations, Alex. Now you can battle me!" Roxanne says, and she gets her Dwebble at the ready. The whole class takes notes—and I start to lose it.

. . .​

In Oldale Town

"I need the whole town questioned for the whereabouts of that child!" Officer Jenny says to five other Officer Jennys in the area.

"Yes sir!" they all say to her, and she dismisses the error. Whatever.

"I want that kid back!" Tony's stepfather yells.

"Honey, maybe he should be allowed to leave on his own…he is a teenager," Tony's mom replies back.

One Officer Jenny says she found someone who's seen the boy, and the man points left—right in the direction Tony is.

. . .​

Tony: Treecko 12

I hear sirens to my right; it sounds like in Oldale Town there is the police stationed. They must be searching for me. I get dressed, grab my bag and Treecko, and run out of the Pokémon Center all the way to the left of Petalburg. We go onto Route 104 and come across an empty cottage. Suddenly, a Wingull pops up and begins pecking at Treecko.

"Treecko, use Pound!" I command.

Treecko, however, uses a new move—one that makes him go faster and behind him is a trail of white. It's Quick Attack! Wingull is smashed aside, and it flies away in fear.

"Let's go, Treecko. We have no time to hide," I inform it, and we run past the cottage and into the Petalburg Woods.

. . .
Alex: Oshawott 12

The field is a rocky environment suiting to Roxanne's Rock-type specialization. There are small boulders around, perfect to hide behind.

"Oshawott, use Water Gun!" I command my Sea Otter Pokémon.

"Dodge it, Dwebble! Use X-Scissor!" Roxanne retaliates. The both of us stare one another down. It's on.

"Oshawott, dodge it and use Water Gun again!" I strike back.

Oshawott narrowly misses the X-Scissor, and blasts a beam of water at Dwebble—knocking it down to Sturdy. Sturdy is an ability that prohibits a Pokémon from dying while at full HP because of only one attack.

"Dwebble, use Rock Blast!" she screams.

Dwebble launches several rocks from its shell, and they all speed toward Oshawott.

"Oshawott, dodge them!"

Oshawott dances among the rocks, hopping onto one and jumping over another—this keeps up for three turns.

"Now! Use Sand Attack!"

Dwebble kicks dirt into the air, ruining Oshawott's eyesight and accuracy.

"Oshawott, focus and use Tackle!" I scream into the dirt, coughing. The whole class begins taking more notes.

As the dirt lifts, Oshawott slams into Dwebble and knocks it out.

"Looks like your Pokémon's sand failed!" I laugh.

"I still have one more Pokémon. By the looks of it, you do not," Roxanne smiles.

The class laughs, and then takes more notes. Nerds.

"Go, Nosepass!"

A giant rock with a nose gazes down upon Oshawott. My otter gulps.

. . .
Tony: Treecko 12

Treecko and I search through the woods for something. Suddenly, a Spinarak comes out from above the trees. I scream and run with Treecko over to a small child. He warns me that there are scary people out in the dark, and that there is a Pokémon in distress. He gives me an Antidote and runs off.

Treecko battles and defeats a Shroomish single-handedly, and we march on. Soon, we hear something in the bushes. It's a Nincada crying for help!

. . .​

Alex: Oshawott 12

"Nosepass, use Spark!" Roxanne says.

Nosepass electrocutes Oshawott, and my Sea Otter goes down without a fight.

"…!" I wheeze, and pick up my Pokémon.

"It seems that you just aren't strong enough. You'll have to try again after defeating my class's knowledge. Good luck next time. Take notes on that, class! That's a wrap!" Roxanne says, and pushes me out the door.

I run to the Pokémon Center and heal Oshawott. I decide to go home. The two of us run back to our mansion on the side of Rustboro, and I enter the house to find my father.

"Daddy?" I cry, sniveling.

The house is vacant. Not a note, a voicemail, an email, nothing! He abandoned me! I'm steaming mad and run out of the house depressed. I decide to go south.

Oshawott and I skip the next route, running through a secret passage and enter straight into the Petalburg Woods. From there, I decide to find something to do.

Oshawott and I fight off a few Wurmple, and then we find this vibrating bush.

"Ninca!" the bush says.

"It sounds like a Nincada that's upset. Let's help it," I suggest, and Oshawott comes with. The trees above are so high, though, they block the sun, so it's nearly dark out during the morning. I'm so tired.

"Nincada?" I ask. I begin to peer through the bush.

. . .​

Tony: Treecko 13

I push the brush aside and look through.

Bump! I hit something hard with my head.

"Hey, watch it!" a voice comes from the bumping object.

"You started it!" I fight back, seething with rage.

I look up to see the most sorrowful, upset eyes ever. Silver-blue, they sparkle from her crying and seem alone. She's so…amazing.

"I…uh…um…hi," I decide to start off with.

She must have thought the same about me.

"Uh…yeah…hi…uh," she mumbles.

It's as if love at first sight has kicked in or something—not that I believe in it. Her Oshawott stares my Treecko down, and we both just look hopeful at one another.

"I'm…Tony," I tell her.

"Alex…Alex Stone!" she replies.

"So, Alex Stone, what do you…" I begin, but we're interrupted by something large.

"UURSSSAAAA!" a Pokémon roars from above.

The Nincada we were trying to save runs off crying.

"It's the Ursaring! Oshawott, let's go this way!" she screams, grabbing her Pokémon and running from where she came.

"Treecko, we'll follow Nincada! Let's go!" I concur, grabbing my Pokémon as well and sprinting away.

. . .​

Alex: Oshawott 13

Oshawott and I sprint back towards the entrance, but I hear something in the bushes. We run to see that a tree has fallen over it—probably by the Ursaring. Not caring about the small tree I can cut, I hop over it with Oshawott and keep running.

"Woop!" I scream as I trip over a small ledge.

"Houndour!" a Pokémon growls from above my head, and as I look up, two red-uniformed men look up at me with a red glare in their eyes.

"Houndour, use Fire Fang. This pesky girl is in our way," one man laughs.

"Make it use Beat up. I've got strong Pokémon!" the other smiles.

"P-please," I struggle, trying to get up.

"Houndour, I said use Fi—" the man is interrupted.

"Hands off the girl!" a voice comes from somewhere.

"Yessir!" the two men say abruptly together.

I'm still looking down.

"Are you hurt?"

"No…I was going to be," I whimper.

I'm picked up to my feet by the man and get to see him face to…chest. He's kind of tall.

"I'm Maxie of Team Magma. Sorry for my underlings' behavior. Enough of myself, what are your origins?" the man asks, his red hair blowing in the wind.

"I'm…uh…an orphan!" I lie, sounding to happy in the end of the sentence.

"I'm…sorry? Well if you have nowhere to go, you're welcome to join us. Team Magma does some things that aren't very good though—if you get caught, you may get in trouble. Be careful with your decision, but we're short a member," he smiles, suggesting a nice face.

I think of my father, whose neglect of me caused all of this. I think of "Tony," the guy I just met, and I think of Oshawott, who is cold and hungry. Maybe they can offer us a home and a life.

"Sure!" I say, and then I'm taken out of the woods and into a small boat at the side of the dock. Eventually I'm moved out into an unknown location in the sea, and enter a small base—however it's dark, so I'm unable to see anything but a red door.

. . .​

Anthony: Treecko 13

"Treecko, come on! Faster! It's gaining on us!" I scream, and I sling Treecko over my shoulder so it can attack the Ursaring from behind. It keeps following us, getting in closer and closer.

"Treecko, Bullet Seed!" I say, telling my Treecko to use its Egg Move. I'm so glad it knows this, it's saved my countless times.

"Oof!" I thump into a bush as the Ursaring comes from behind. One of the Bullet Seeds went in its eye, though, so it can't see very well.

"Go, Pokéball!" comes a voice from somewhere. I look around, but all I see is a red-outlined Ursaring and a Pokéball capturing it.

A man and two other men come in and swarm the area, catching Pokémon left and right.

The larger man confronts me. "I'm sorry, did you want this Ursaring? You can have it if you want. Your Treecko's power was amazing at such a level compared to this level thirty…four Ursaring," he says, looking at the Ursaring's information through a Pokédex.

"Oh, no. You caught it fair and square. It was open game. I'm just trying to find a place where I belong," I say pitifully.

"Oh, really? Good man! If you need, you can stay with me. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Archie, the Team Aqua Boss! We dream of saving the sea, and expanding it to greater amounts! We do things we aren't proud of, but we're a better team than that pathetic Team Magma. Would you like to join?" Archie says eagerly. He has a blue little hat-like thing on his head with a weird symbol, and cool-looking facial hair. He seems like a decent guy.

"Sure. Better than nothing!" I smile, and pick up Treecko. Mom may not be proud, but my stomach will be!

Archie signals up to the sky and a helicopter comes down into a small clearing from the trees. I hop aboard with the grunts and Archie, and then we fly over to an island area west of the empty cabin by the sea. All I can see now is ocean. Wonderful.

-------

So that's Chapter 2! Anyways, I'm getting rid of the levels of the Pokemon soon. I get tired of them :p I hope you enjoyed and please feel free to criticize! I just to be as grammatically correct as I can, but there are always run-on sentences or the rare apostrophe problem. I'll have the next chapter up whenever it's wanted (or tomorrow morning I guess) and hopefully I have gotten your attention. Nearly every chapter has some sort of cliffhanger to keep the reader reading.

Those two chapters are pretty nice and well thought-out. The flow is a bit shaky, and the description is a bit thin; but other than that, great work!

I look forward to your next chapter! :)

Hey,thanks for reading! The flow evens out a lot after the first few chapters. When I was typing those, I was still getting new to writing--especially with multiple points of view. The descriptions are thin, but they get a bit thicker as it progresses. Most of the time the two characters go through different paths so you'll get a little bit of everything. I'll have the next chapter up after lunch :D

I am looking forward to chapter three! I will be posting my full critique when I gain access to a desktop. :)

Hi, thanks for the feedback guys! I'm posting Chapter 3 below. This chapter isn't my best, but it does introduce some new Pokemon and characters! It starts out a little shaky (this is only my second story), but soon enough it'll start progressing smoothly.
Thanks for reading and I'll be posting more since people like it!

First Assignments

Alex: Oshawott 14

"No!" I scream, waking up from a nightmare. Now I can't even remember what that dream was about. I look around, and can't recognize my surroundings. I'm in a room without windows. It has a bed, desk, table, and a healing center. I find Oshawott hiding underneath the covers asleep.

That boy in the forest—Tony, right?—he seems nice. Although I don't have time for anything now that I'm part of Team Magma. The guy can just go on without me. Not the first time I've been given looks. Although there was just something about him…

Oh well. I get ready for the day and wake Oshawott up.

Knock knock!

"Uh, come in!" I yell to the metal door. The clock says it's 8:30am.

Maxie enters my room with a warm smile and a tray filled with pancakes. Woo.

"Did you sleep alright?" he asks nicely.

"Yes, I did!" I tell him.

"That's good. So you're serious about joining Team Magma?" he repeats from last night.

"Yes, my mind hasn't changed," I inform.

"Well let me just warn you. We try to bring more land for the world and less water. Team Aqua is more evil than we are, though. I wouldn't even call us evil. I just want more room for us to walk on and raise Pokémon, while those jerks over there just want more water to kill off Pokémon! Anyway, I will inform you that we have some tendencies to do bad things, but those are just minor setbacks and instructions are given by a Magma Admin. Is that understood? You still want to stay?" he asks again, still unsure if I'm willing to join.

My father wouldn't agree with me joining Team Magma. I look at Oshawott, but it has started dozing again. I think about what I should do…but I have nowhere to go and no way to support myself at all. So I guess my only choice is…

"I'm in," I whisper, and Maxie pats me on the back.

"That's great! We'll have you fitted for a uniform first thing. Enjoy your breakfast! And you are now an honorary Team Magma Grunt!" he tells me, walking out the door.

"Oh!" he says, coming back in.

"What?" I ask.

"Here are five Pokéballs. One of them has a…surprise. Read the note attached to it!" he runs out of the room and down the hallway. I haven't even investigated this place—and its location.

I look at the five balls. I open all of them—and four of them are empty. The last one, however, sends out a new Pokémon.

"Houndour!" the Pokémon growls.

"Oh! I get it!" I laugh, and pet the dog. It smiles at me automatically.

I pick the note off of its back and read it.

"Alex, this Pokéball contains a nice Pokémon—Houndour. All Magma Grunts are required to have a fire-type or ground-type on their team, and I thought this Pokémon would be perfect. Take good care of it. Thanks! –Maxie"

"Okay, Houndour, return!" I smile, and send Houndour back into its Pokéball. This might just be a good day.

A few other grunts come in and get my measurements for a uniform. Apparently they had to stitch a lot of it up to make it fit. Figures.

. . .

Tony: Treecko 14

I wake up to see Treecko crawling around my room. I look around it—I don't even remember coming in the building.

Apparently we're under water. Below me is a window-like see through area at the floor; I can see water Pokémon swimming around under me. I look out a porthole to see a Wailord slowly go by.

I find a pair of clothes for me—they must have checked the sizes for my clothing last night or something. It's a uniform. I wait to put it on until Archie comes in the room. Treecko looks at me peculiarly.

"Okay, Treecko, I'll go get you an Oran Berry!" I laugh, rummaging through my pack for some food. I find a blue berry a throw it at Treecko, who grabs it and eats fast.

Knock knock!

"Come in!" I yell.

A familiar figure comes in—it's Archie!

"I hope you don't mind," he says, "but I've brought you some breakfast!"

Archie is in a blue uniform similar to mine, and his facial hair makes him look both ebullient yet menacing in the wrong eyes. He brings me some bacon, eggs, and biscuits & gravy. Ahh, my favorite breakfast.

"Don't ask where the bacon and eggs came from," he says, laughing. I laugh too. Then I look at my food weirdly.

As I eat and he sits on my bed by me, I think of the girl I met in the woods—Alex, right? She was amazing, but I don't have time for that anymore. I need to focus on Team Aqua.

"So you are willing to join Team Aqua? Like I said last night, there are some things we do that we aren't proud of. But they have to be done. Team Magma wants to expand the land and kill the creatures of the sea! We want to create an even more vast landscape for the ocean and water-type Pokémon, so they can live in harmony! We're able to house ourselves underwater, so what's the hurt?"

I listen to what he says and I have to agree. Hoenn is mostly water anyways—why not the rest of the regions?

"We try and counter the actions of Team Magma," he continues, pounding his hands on the bed.

"Those people have ruined the water-types, polluting the water and capturing them just to put them in caged pools. They are the true evil around here, not us!"

"So what bad acts do you guys commit?" I ask him curiously.

"Well, I hate to admit it, but Team Aqua does have to steal. Mainly it's against Team Magma. It's rare that we do it to innocent bystanders. Some, however, are prone to get in the way," Archie tells me.

"Well thank you for being honest. You're only the second person I know who's honesty is evident," I compliment him. It's true, though. Only my mom has told me the truth more than any small lie.

"So…?" he asks me.

"I'm in. I have nowhere else to go!"

"Thanks for joining. I will be right back with the last bit of what you need," he says, and walks out.

I eat my breakfast while Treecko continues eating its berries. Apparently he's just been munching away the whole time. Go figure.

Knock knock!

"Come in?" I repeat, feeling a 'déjà-vu' moment.

Archie comes in with a brand new bag. It's aqua blue and has the Team Aqua symbol on it. The symbol is white and has two small bone-like ends coming out of the bottom of it, with a roundish middle sloping up to a point at the top. I look inside and there are five Pokéballs inside, with an upgraded PokéNav, some potions, and a small little twig is at the bottom of the bag.

"What's all this?"

"Well the PokéNav is so you don't get lost, the small twig is for your Treecko to have in its mouth—it just seems right. The Pokéballs are yours to keep for catching Pokémon. One of them has the standard water-type Pokémon we require in there. It's sort of mandatory since it's Team Aqua, and Aqua refers to water," he explains.

I fish for the Pokéball with the Pokémon in it and I send out the heaviest one.

"Go, Pokéball!" I say, throwing it into the air.

A small, orange crablike Pokémon comes out of the Pokéball. It has three sets of little legs and one large set of pincers. The Pokémon looks fierce and determined.

"Corphish!" it screams, and then snaps its pincers on my legs.

"O…w…OW OW OW!" I begin screaming, running around the room.

"Corphish, return!" Archie says, grabbing the Pokéball on the bed and returning my new Pokémon.

"I'm so sorry, Corphish has been one of my prized Pokémon. I hatched its egg a while back and was saving it for the right person. Last night I told him I found the one, and he began going crazy. I'm not sure whether or not he wants to evolve, though. You may have to talk him into it. It's the Ruffian Pokémon, by the way. It likes to fight and isn't afraid to do so. This Pokémon is probably about level 10-12ish, and I know the moves it has are Bubble, Metal Claw, ViceGrip, and Harden!" Archie says, beginning a long speech of this Pokémon.

"Thanks! Since it's so attached to me I'd be glad to have it on my team!" I smile, and empty out my new bag.

"Wonderful! Now, I have to deal with some issues in Oldale Town regarding the police (I shudder when he says that) and I will tell you your first mission later. You can explore if you'd like!" he says, and walks out the door.

I put my old bag under my blue bed—I can't get rid of it. I give Treecko the twig, and the Pokémon sticks it in his mouth and begins looking into the glass for his reflection. My mom bought it for me. I open the new bag to find one more thing in the very bottom. It's a small blue necklace with a tiny engraving on it. "Mystic Water" is what it says. I slip it in the side pocket, where the drinks usually go, and throw it over my shoulder. I double-check to make sure Corphish is in my bag's Pokéball pocket, and then pick Treecko up and set it on my shoulder. The three of us venture outside my undersea room to see what lies beyond.

. . .​

Alex: Oshawott 14 Houndour 11

After everything is finished and I'm finally free of measurements, I slip out and find Maxie talking to two grunts outside my door.

"Just give her the new bag, please? Ugh, I hope you grunts learn a thing or two from that girl—she's something special!"

Then the two people begin walking towards me. I don't want to be caught eavesdropping so I run back to my room, and then one throws the red Magma bag onto my bed and slams the door.

"Thanks," I mumble harshly, and put Oshawott inside it. He sticks his head out.

Now we explore. I find one room filled with bunk beds. Apparently all the other grunts all live in a select few rooms. Oshawott and I run around and find this one Magma Grunt all alone. She seems upset.

"Um…hi," I say, trying to make conversation.

The girl looks up. She has brownish hair and a warm smile. She seems battered, as if she's homeless. I feel guilty being in the same group with the opposite conditions.

"Hi! I'm Terra. I'm kind of new here so if this is your bed I'll move—" she apologizes.

"No no no! I live in another room. I'm just as new as you are probably. I'm Alex, nice to meet you!" I say. I realize that I had slipped my Magma uniform on, so the two of us match.

"Tomorrow, after our first mission, do you mind helping me train? I have some Pokémon that aren't very strong right now, and I'd like to change that," she says shyly.

"Sure! I'm not sure what my mission is yet. I'm looking forward to it, though. I can't wait to serve under Team Magma!" I yell.

The two of us talk about how we joined, and eventually I decide to go back into my room.

Maxie comes in without knocking and calls for my name. I jump to attention to listen to what he has to say.

"Your mission for tomorrow is to go to the Rustboro Gym and steal a bunch of her badges so that way a lot of our weaker grunts can start off better. It may sound cruel, but it's at a reasonable expense!" Maxie tells me, then runs out of the room abruptly. Wow.

I realize that it's dinner time. I decide just to grab a pre-made sandwich from my bag (I made them a night before leaving) and eat that. Oshawott eats an Oran Berry. The two of us sit on the bed and think of what could possibly go right…or wrong.
. . .​

Tony: Treecko 14 Corphish 11

I eventually run into this one guy about my age who I must admit is pretty cool.

"Hi, I'm Sean. I'm a newbie but maybe we can be friends?" he asks. His smooth gray hair and blue eyes light up with excitement.

"Sure. Do you know what we're doing tomorrow?" I ask.

Suddenly, I look up to hear a microphone being tapped. From the speakers I can tell that above me is another floor—and I'm right. On this second floor of an undersea vessel, Archie stands proudly amongst roughly one-thousand grunts.

"Dear Team Aqua! How far we have come! Now, however, we must start from scratch. I would like a small group of new grunts to explore Rustboro City and get Roxanne's Gym Badge. Furthermore, I would like Anthony, a new grunt, to follow a band of more experienced ones in a raid on the Devon Corporation—they have new technology they are withholding from us. Steven is temporarily away, and I would really like this technology! That is all, thank you," he says, and walks off.

Everyone stares at me because my name was called above all the others. I kind of step back a little, and then slowly walk back to my room so people don't get mad at me for being a "suck-up" or whatever.

"Hey, maybe we'll work together tomorrow," Sean says as he runs up beside me. I reach my door and stop.

"Yeah, maybe. Well good night, I'm heading to bed," I say, and, once he replies, I shut the door and get ready for bed.

I may not be the most honest of people…or the most loyal or anything, but it is still going to be hard robbing the biggest corporation of its new equipment. That's just the life of an Aqua Grunt, I guess.

-------

So that's Chapter Three, stay tuned for more chapters. Again, sorry about the lack of descriptions, it does get a lot smoother within about 4-5ish chapters.

RE: The Clash of Land and Sea (Chapter 3 is now up)

Anthony is Tony's real name? Interesting plot you have there. I see some improvement. :D

Haha, yes it is :D I love the lack of character development in the beginning. While it can be somewhat upsetting in the first few chapters, you begin to learn and feel the past of the characters as they go over it. There are going to be many flashbacks within the story, and that will help readers understand the problems each character has had to face in the past, and what may come in the future.

Well, here's Chapter 4! This is the first part of each main character's first assignment!

Rocking The Rustboro Gym

I wake up in my room to see Treecko putting the twig in its mouth, and Corphish fiddling with the mystic water.

"What are you two doing?" I laugh, getting out of bed.

"Treecko!"

"Phish Corphish!"

I change into my new Team Aqua outfit, and then put some items in my bag. I slip it on and look at myself in the mirror. A black-and-white striped shirt with blue pants. The pants have a white pattern on the sides. I wear my blue bandana with the funny-looking Aqua Logo.

I check my new PokéNav. Archie gave me an updated one last night—the first impressive bit of technology I've really had. It shows Archie calling me.

"Um, hello?" I say into the phone.

"Yes, Tony? I need you to defeat the Rustboro Gym. Roxanne is also a Pokémon School teacher. The real prize is after you beat her. I want you to go with Sean and Matt, an Aqua Admin, to infiltrate the Devon Corporation and get some test tubes! Thank you and good luck!" he says, and then the screen shuts off.

I recall Corphish and Treecko hops on my shoulder, and the two of us head to the escape pod room to find an older man and Sean waiting for me.

. . .

I finish eating my breakfast and then call Maxie. I've already changed and everything, ready to go. Houndour is groomed and Oshawott has trained a while. I recall Houndour and put Oshawott in my arms. After Roxanne, I don't even want to participate in Gym Battles anymore.

"Hello? OH! I almost forgot. You and Terra need to go snag some badges for the new coming grunts. I want them to be able to start fast. You can take some, if you would like. I just need a big bag of them! Thanks!" he says.

"So much for invading somewhere," I sigh, and slump on the bed.

"Hello?" a familiar voice says from behind the door.

I shove a piece of bacon in my mouth and open the door.

"Hfhgh!" I mumble, food in my mouth.

"What? Alex, let's get going!" Terra says, and grabs my arm. We run outside the secret base and I see that it is located on a secret island.

"Come on! We can get a speedboat at the dock!" she says, pulling my arm more.

We board the boat and speed to the shore near Petalburg City.

"Oops, looks like we have to go through the woods. Oh well, you've done it before! Right?" she speed-talks. The two of us run through the forest and I encounter the cutest thing ever!

. . .​

"You must be the greenhorn. I'm Matt, nice to meet ya," a cool man says. His pointy, light-colored hair shines with gel.

"You know," Sean says, "I've been waiting here for three hours!"

It's way too early for his enthusiasm—it's not even 10 am yet. A drop of sweat rolls down the back of my head.

"Whatever. Hop in this porthole, there's a submarine through it. Hurry, I don't have the time to wait for you noobs," Matt sneers.

Treecko and I jump through a hole in the side of the room and slip down a slide—into a submarine. Sean comes behind me and falls flat on his face. Matt slides in casually and makes an excellent landing.

"Buckle up, we're going for a fun ride," Matt says, and smiles. Treecko hides behind me, and I hop in a seat and buckle up, holding him in my arms. Sean stands in the back.

"I warned ya!"

We blast through the water at lightning speed, so bad that my cheeks get filled with air and fly behind me. Treecko begins slipping from my arms, and I have to regain my grip on him.

Sean flies to the back wall and slams into it, and then yells that he's okay. He crawls forward and holds onto the base of a seat. What a character.

Soon enough, we stop.

"Okay, this is your stop Tony. Hurry up and beat the girl. Sean and I will wait for you at Devon. Make sure to snag a lab coat from somewhere," he whispers casually.

"Y-yeah! And don't forget to rob someone!" Sean screams out loud, causing people to stare at him awkwardly.

"Shut up, moron! We're in public! We may be at port, but these people are in fact scared of us. So we need to lay low and wait it out!"

"Sorry..."

I leave the two of them and run to the Pokémon School-Gym. Whatever the outcome, I'm getting a badge.

. . .

Terra and I enter the Petalburg woods and I find something amazing.

"What is that?!"

"Don't you have a Pokédex?" she asks me.

"Nope, sorry. My father always has his nose in a cave or a computer!" I tell her.

"This is a red worm Pokémon. It has needles as its feet and two blobs for its mouth. You have no idea what this is?"

"Nope, Terra. But I know there are two of them! And I want one!" I address, seeing the two of the Pokémon conversing.

"That's a Wurmple. Don't waste your time," Terra says, dismissing the Pokémon.

"The more we catch, the stronger we'll be. Come on, give it a shot!"

"Well, fine," she utters.

"Oshawott, go!" I cry and throw my Sea Otter Pokémon into the air.

"Water Gun!" I command, and the Wurmple thing slams into a tree.

"Go, Pokéball!"

I throw a classic Pokéball at the Wurmple and catch it easily.

"What does it evolve into?"

"Well I know it can evolve into a Dustox. Those are okay, I guess. I'm not familiar with the Pokémon," she says, and sends out her Pokémon. I haven't seen one of hers.

"Go, Sandshrew!"

A light brown Pokémon comes out and uses Rollout on the Wurmple, instantly knocking it out.

"Go, Pokéball!"

She throws a regular Pokéball and catches it easily as well.

"See? No big deal," she smiles, and we continue on.

"No, I want to train mine. A Dustox would be cool to have," I sigh.

I look at my PokéNav, the updated version I got the other day from Maxie, and see the stats of Wurmple.

"Wurmple, the Worm Pokémon. Often targeted by bird Pokémon, it desperately resists by releasing poison from its tail spikes. This Wurmple is at level 3 and knows the moves Tackle and String Shot!" a feminine voice emits from the PokéNav.

"So that's where the Pokédex part is! Oh!" I say, bewildered.

I let Oshawott walk since I'm carrying Wurmple.

"You love that thing, huh?" Terra smiles.

"Yeah, it's so cute!"

We finally exit the Petalburg Woods and enter Rustboro City.

"I can't wait for the Pokémon Contests!" one little kid says.

"I know, they're so much better than Gym Battles. So beautiful!" another cries.

I walk up to them.

"Excuse me? What is a Pokémon Contest?" I ask.

The kids seem scared from my outfit, but one musters up the courage to tell me.

"Well, ma'am, a Pokémon Contest is where Pokémon are judged by beauty and grace rather than power and level. Anything goes! If you get about five ribbons, which means winning five contests, you get to participate in the Grand Festival! The next contest is in Slateport City!"

"That is exciting…" I trail off, and then Terra pulls me over to the Rustboro Gym. We go to the back of the building and wait for the perfect time to break in. However, I grew patient and had Wurmple use String Shot to use as a rope. I climb up the string and get onto the roof. From there, I wait.

. . .​

Roxanne let me in the Pokémon School no problem. She said that she could tell I have just been looking for a job, but she informed me of Team Aqua's evilness. She's been teaching a long lecture, and presently I am finishing up the test.

"Treecko, go put that up on the desk for me!" I ask my Pokémon, and it smiles and takes it to the desk.

Then we wait as she tallies up the grades.

"Well there wasn't even a tie this time, Anthony got a 100. The next highest grade was a C-. You kids need to do better!" Roxanne scolds her students.

She takes me to a room beside the classroom.

"Can I videotape this performance? I want my kids to see a real-life battle," Roxanne asks nicely.

"Uh…I guess," I frown. I don't want to be embarrassed.

"Great!"

The field is rocky everywhere. She sends out her first Pokémon.

"Go, Geodude!" she yells.

Geodude comes out with a thumb on the ground. It automatically begins using Rollout, knocking itself back and forth between the boulders—like pinball or something.

"Go, Corphish!" I say, sending out my Ruffian Pokémon. Corphish comes out, but then grabs my lags with its pincers and causes me to thrash about, knocking it onto the battlefield.

"Phish!"

"Rollout!"

Geodude circles my orange-ish crab, and Corphish turns around several times, watching the Pokémon.

I think silently to myself as Geodude attacks Corphish, who dodges excellently. How can I slow the thing down? If I break the boulders, it can use Rock Throw. So what if I—oh!

"Corphish, hop on a boulder and use Bubble on the ground!"

Corphish stares blankly, then hops on a boulder. From its pincers, Corphish begins wetting the ground with mere bubbles.

"That's not going to work, you know!" Roxanne smirks, and Geodude uses Magnitude, breaking the boulder Corphish was on and causing my Ruffian Pokémon to land on the ground.

"Now, Corphish! Use Metal Claw!"

Corphish's claw becomes strong like steel, and it slams Geodude into the mud.

"Rollout!"

Geodude begins spinning violently in the space it is in.

"Wh-what?!"

"Geo? Geodude!" it frustratingly lashes at the ground. It's stuck!

"Yes! Now Corphish, use Bubble while you have the chance!"

Corphish defeats Geodude with a Bubble attack, knocking it out and sending it back in its Pokéball.

"Pretty good for a novice, but luck is the only reason why you're so far! Go, Nosepass!" she says.

Wow. Some big blue thing with a red nose stares at Corphish. I burst out laughing as it launches a commanded Zap Cannon right at Corphish.

"Phish.." it says, fainting.

Oh. My bad.

"Thanks for your help, Corphish!" I say to the Pokéball, and strap it back on my belt.

"Let's go, Treecko!" I tell Treecko, allowing it to battle.

I find on my PokéNav the updated Pokédex. I see what Nosepass really is.

"Nosepass, the Compass Pokémon. Its magnetic nose always facesnorth and draws iron objects to its body to protect itself better."

Not much help, but good enough I suppose.

"Nosepass, use Lock On!"

The Compass Pokémon locks its aim at Treecko, who stands scared beside a boulder.

"Treecko, get behind that boulder!"

Treecko hides behind the rock just as it explodes from a Zap Cannon. I think about how I could possibly defeat this powerhouse. Wait! 'Its magnetic nose always faces north!' That's it!

"Treecko, get behind Nosepass and hit it with a Bullet Seed attack!"

Treecko slides through the mud behind Nosepass, and the Pokémon can't turn around as it points north.

"Now! Use Bullet Seed now!"

My Pokémon uses the attack, and after several rounds, Nosepass finally goes down.

"I must admit, I've never had a trainer actually use the Pokédex information against me!" Roxanne laughs, and throws me a badge.

"Thanks!"

"That's the Stone Badge! Thanks for the battle. Now get going, you're worrying me with that costume!" she admits. How can people even stand me right now?

I walk out of the gym and find Matt and Sean waiting for me.

"Did ya get it?" Matt asks, leaning up against the door.

"Yep, easy! Now let me go heal," I say, and run to the Pokémon Center before Sean says anything else.

. . .​

Alex: Oshawott 14 Houndour 11 Wurmple 5

"Now Houndour, use Ember on the roof!" I command.

Houndour burns a hole in the roof, and I use Wurmple's String Shot to climb down and get into the storage room. Terra stays guard up top.

I hear a familiar male voice commanding his Pokémon, and figure it's just some battle or something with Roxanne. I look for the badges.

"Where would you hide a bunch of badges?" I ask myself quietly. Then I find a small stone jewelry box.

"Badges" is the label on the box, and I open it to find a bunch of Stone Badges in it. I grab a fistful and stuff them in my red coat pocket. I tug on the String Shot once I have succeeded, and I'm raised up to the rooftop.

"Easy enough?" Terra asks, and I nod. We then use Wurmple to get down. This Pokémon will catch up in no time!

"Hey, you can't do that!" a blue-haired woman in an officer suit says.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Officer Jenny, Team Magma! Who do you think you are, stealing Gym Badges?"

"Who are we?" I smile.

"Prepare for trou—" I begin.

Terra shakes me.

"Wrong group," she sighs. The two of us then make a break for it, before I'm discovered as my true identity. The two of us run back into the Petalburg Woods, and just as we find a hiding spot, I hear something. It's three different police cars. One coming right for me!

"Welp, that was a nice day," Terra sighs, and slumps against a tree trunk.

"Stay low, and don't say words like 'welp.' Seriously, not cool," I laugh, and we duck behind some bushes as we slowly wait for the cars to leave.

"Gotcha!" a voice whispers from behind. Uh oh.

----

Stay tuned for more chapters, I can post another whenever!

That chapter made me laugh with its usage of words that would be normally used on the Internet. :p

Loving this story. Can't wait for the next part!

RE: The Clash of Land and Sea (Chapter 4 is now up)

Luckyfire said:
That chapter made me laugh with its usage of words that would be normally used on the Internet. :p

Loving this story. Can't wait for the next part!

I'm glad you like it :D

I started a bit late, but I'm catching up! I noticed a few grammatical/typing errors but all together I think it's a great story! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it when I wake up today. (It's 9AM and I haven't slept)

It is nice to see how you use the game mechanics, although I have to admit I think I'll like it better without the levels. I think that was a smart choice. I like the fast pace, probably because I'm curious and always want to know what happens next ASAP.

Having Tony not knowing that all Nurse Joys look the same was funny and made me feel a bit nostalgic to the original series too, haha.

I'm really starting to feel like I'm connecting with the characters and I really like it!

Thanks for reading! I try to have as little grammatical errors as possible, but they'll always happen. Most of the time I just type how I think people will talk.

I think the fast-paced speed is important for me because I can stop reading something if there's nothing exciting to keep me going. The levels were a bad idea, soI got rid of them in Chapter 6. So much to keep up with.

Poor Tony has been isolated from the world of Pokemon. If it wasn't for Treecko, he wouldn't have any connection at all to it. Slowly but surely, he does start to fit in

Thanks again for reading and I'm glad you like it!

Well, well, I am impressed.

Your writing style is rather unique, to say the least, Twiggy (if I may). You do have a few grammatical errors, but they are very minor, and you should not worry much; with time, you will certainly improve. In the first chapter, especially the first segment with Anthony, I felt a connection, considering my life is a little similar. With the many fanfics I've read, I haven't quite felt that connection as... quickly as I have with yours. I really do look forward to reading more, and I encourage you to keep writing! As I have previously stated, the quality of your writing will certainly improve.

Other than that, I do see a little problem with description. When you are using adjectives to modify nouns, use lots of them. Don't get too carried away, but I want to know everything about the situation.

Best wishes!

Hi, thanks for reading! I try to make as little mistakes as possible, although there will always be a slip-up. Many of the small issues may deal with commas, which I can get out of control with lately (once I'm back in school I should be in the swing of things) and I usually use them to separate periods where the speaker pauses. There aren't many grammatical errors (very few its / it's issues, I promise) and little-to-no spelling errors.

The lack of description fades as I get a more complex storyline. For example, in my 25th chapter, there's two or three sections just to describe a move combo made by a certain character. I do usually have a lack of descriptions, although it's probably because I like getting to the meat of the story rather than the imagery. I'm trying to break the habit, although you may see it for a while. That's probably what makes it unique since I mostly just have dialogue. Since this is only my second story (and my first was somewhat of all over the place) I'm still getting used to writing comfortably, but I'm starting to understand quality work. I've learned that it's not just about the plot, but the little details that make it interesting and more imaginative.

I can sympathize with Tony too. I come from an unhappy family that has no surplus of money. I love how this story has two kids from different social classes that have to work together (whereas in modern US classes are clearly divided) to save the world. Here, differences are set aside for the greater good--and that's what makes me love to write this.

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the story! I'll post more chapters once I get the chance. Right now I'm babysitting my little brother :p

When in Doubt, Surskit Out

Alex: Oshawott 15 Houndour 12 Wurmple 5

"Gotcha!" a voice whispers from behind.

Terra and I whip around to see a Magma Admin staring back at us. Oshawott has been staring at him the whole time. The giant black "M" on his suit gives me a shiver down my spine. Even though I'm part of Team Magma, I'm still afraid. Oshawott looks up at me reassuringly, as if we can trust this guy. I smile at my Sea Otter Pokemon and decide to give the man a chance. But first...

"Who're—?"

"Shut up or get sent to jail! Your choice, princess!"

Princess…my dad used to call me that. Dad...And who does he think he's calling 'Princess?' The Magma Admin had black hair and was strongly built—but was young still. He basically picks us up and carries us through the woods and out to a small cabin by the sea. Oshawott runs beside him.

"We should be safe here. The Old Man that lives here is vacationing at Rustboro City until morning," the man tells me.

"How did you?"

"I do my homework," the guy replies.

"Who ARE you anyway?" Terra asks.

The two of us look at Terra, nearly forgetting that she was there.

"I'm Tabitha. One of the Magma Duo. I don't like to fight, but I do whatever it takes for safety. Now, are you ready to go south?"

"Can we not rest at all? I wanted to let my Pokémon and I eat before we go anywhere!" I whine, and my request is granted.

"Go, everyone! Eat up!"

I throw my two Pokéballs in the air and throw Oshawott onto the ground.

"Wurmple!" my red worm says.

"Houndour!" my other Pokémon roars.

"Not bad for a rookie," Tabitha laughs.

"You come on out, too, guys!" Terra shrieks.

Three Pokéballs are thrown into the air, and three Pokémon are released from them.

One is the same Pokémon I saw the other day—a Sandshrew. It plops into the ground with Dig and makes a quick burrow outside the cabin.

"Wurmple!" another of the same kind as mine says.

"Slugma?" a clueless, slow Pokémon coos. It seems to be a magma slug—with laval oozing from its face.

"Those are cool Pokémon!" I compliment her.

Tabitha sends out two out of the five Pokémon in his possession.

"Go, Bisharp! Lampent!"

A Power Ranger Pokémon comes out, with its bladed arms fierce.

"Bi-sharp!"

Then a fiery lamp escapes its Pokéball and dances around.

"The others already ate. Hurry, we have plenty of food but not much time!"

I had to skip lunch—there isn't any food for us. I'll have to wait until Dewford Town. Wurmple eats three bowlfuls of food as well—one hungry Pokémon!

. . .​

Tony: Treecko 15 Corphish 13

"There! Lab coats!" Sean yells to me. Ironically, there is a small lab coat sale outside of the Devon Corporation. We buy some and put them on. Treecko climbs on my shoulder.

"Take these!" Matt says, throwing us some fake IDs.

We walk into the Devon Corporation. Treecko begins climbing the walls and scoping for the police.

"All the officers are in the woods searching for some girl and an Oshawott," he explains as we slyly walk by the front desk.

Oshawott? It couldn't be her?

"There have been rumors of her being a part of Team Magma!" he laughs, seeing his rivals struggle.

Alex? Team Magma? Definitely not, that's not her… Actually…

"Excuse me, I've never seen you before. Can I see your passes?" the front desk receptionist asks nicely.

"Sure thing!" I say, and show her my fake ID.

"Um, okay, Andrew Lincoln, I hope you enjoy your work today," she comments blankly.

"Thank you," I mumble, and the three of us advance to the elevators of the gigantic building.

"There are about twenty different floors?! Okay, here's what we're going to do. Sean, stand guard here on the ground level. Don't let anyone get past this elevator. Tell them it's out of order or something. Anthony, I want you to start on floor two and go up to ten. I'll start on floor 19 and go down to ten. Floor 20 is the rooftop, so we'll do that one last. Got it?" Matt tells us.

"Got it!" Sean stands by.

"Got it," I repeat, and Matt and I enter the elevator. Treecko slips in at the last second.

"Good luck, Tony!"

The elevator doors close as we begin going up.

"So what are we looking for?" I ask him.

"Well, we're looking for the capsules of ancient Pokémon. We expect them to be that of a Pokémon we've been looking for—the Legendary Pokémon, Kyogre. There's no telling where it is, though," Matt says, combing his hair with his hand.

"Right!"

The elevator door opens on floor two, and I exit. Treecko follows, and then hops onto my shoulder again.

"Best of luck, newbie!" Matt says, and leans back against the elevator's inside. He's pretty cool.

I run down the hallways, passing by different scientists and sightseers.

"You! You were in a Team Aqua suit!" a kid slightly younger than me says.

"Sorry kid, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Run along!" I reply, pushing him away.

"You can't trick me! Or my name isn't Willis Pierce!" the kid says [Credit to Drawknight].

"Look, kid. You seem like a decent child, but I'm not looking for a snitch. Who are they going to believe, a little boy who sees things, or an older kid who's wearing a lab coat?"

"…You won't get away with this! Torchic, go! Use Ember!"

"Fine, you asked for it! Treecko, slap it down with Pound!"

Treecko slams into Torchic with its tail, and Torchic stays on the ground. I scoop my Pokémon up and run into a nearby room, slamming and locking the door. I dim the lights and crouch against the door. Willis looks around and begins peeping in the windows. He can't see me, though.

Once Willis is gone, I turn the lights back on and search the place.

"Aha!" I yell, walking up to a machine. It's labeled "Fossil Regenerator." I find some test tubes connected to it and snatch them, slipping them in my bag. I notice that the Team Aqua logo is on it, and then realize that the receptionist must have known the whole time.

A red light in the hallway begins flashing and an alarm goes off. I grab Treecko and we run to the elevator.

"Oh no you don't! You can't steal those!" Willis screams as he finds me.

"Yeah, uh...I kinda. Have to. Treecko, please use Bullet Seed!"

Treecko and I step in the elevator, and it spits a stream of seeds at Willis as the doors close. The last one slips through the small space left between the doors and it hits Willis in the nose. Torchic huffs at me. We go down to the ground floor. Outside the door I find my new friend. I pull in Sean just as the police arrive outside. He pushes the button to go up, and we end up on floor ten.

"How do we contact Matt?" Sean asks me.

"You go find him. I'll go up to the rooftop. That way the capsules will be safe!"

"Capsules? Oh, never mind that. Let's go find Matt! Go, Pokéball!"

A small water spider Pokémon slips out of the Pokéball and glides on the floor.

"This Surskit can be my equivalent of a starter Pokémon! Let's go, Surskit!"

The two of them begin going down the hallway. As they walk, the elevator closes and takes me to floor 16 automatically. Someone's waiting to come in.

An older gentleman walks in with a cane for blindness. His hair is gray and his clothes darn brown. He almost looks like a detective, but I doubt it. He feels around the elevator room with a cane. He notices me through his cane's bumping and apologizes. I tell him it's fine.

"Hello, young man! How are you and your Pokémon doing?"

"Um, just fine, sir! My Treecko and I are growing well," I awkwardly reply.

"That's wonderful. I'm the retired owner of the Devon Corporation. Some people call me Grandpa Stone! I'm a collector of stones and fossils. I can't do much against the new teams, though. Have you seen any of them around?"

"Uh, yes sir. I've heard that Team Magma is the worse of the two, though," I tell him.

"Is that so?"

Ding! The elevator stops at floor 18.

"Well, that's my stop, young man! Nice chat!"

I'm just glad he didn't see my test tubes. Or the fact that I'm from Team Aqua. Or the fact that I came here falsely.

"Oh, and good luck in Team Aqua," he smiles, and steps out the door just as it closes again to go upward.

Wh-what?! He knew? That man knew I was part of Team Aqua, yet he was blind!

The door opens on the rooftop, and Treecko and I slowly run to the edge while waiting for the others. I look down to see three cop cars surrounding the Devon Corporation.

Ding! The elevator opens back up again. I brace myself and get Treecko at the ready. In the dark I find two figures patiently waiting. I look at my little green gecko and right as I was about to order an attack, I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey, Tony! You made it!" Sean smiles, returning his Surskit.

"Not bad, newbie. Not bad," Matt walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, but we've been spotted! We need to get out!"

"Oh, please! I had to send down Smoke Balls to stop those coward policeman from coming in. The Officer Jenny characters are tough though," he explains.

Matt takes his bag off and presses a button. It suddenly begins transforming into a hang glider. The gym bag's shape begins to fold out into a triangle, and then into a larger right-angle triangle. From the bottom pops out a metal bar for support (and the only way to hold onto the thing).

"Grab hold of the bar, and when I say so, push off. Anthony, you may want to hold onto your Treecko or something!"

I slip Treecko in my backpack and grab hold of the bar. Sean grabs the bar as well. The whole glider is blue—the top having the Aqua logo on it. Matt then grabs hold, and then he counts to three.

"One…" The elevator dings as several officers swarm in.

"Two…" The policeman call out their Pokémon, and Officer Jenny calls out a Growlithe. They bare their teeth and get ready for the pounce.

"Three!" We push off the edge of the building and glide over Rustboro City above the Petalburg Woods. I see more Team Aqua grunts doing other missions at other locations, such as Cutter's House--a man that lets your Pokemon cut things. Go figure.

As we glide, I spy a cabin down by the water. I point to it and eventually get Matt's attention.

"Let's stop there for a rest," I suggest, and the others agree. The three of us land on the roof of the cabin. I land with a hard thud and smack against the the chimney. Ow. Matt hops down. Sean reluctantly does the same. As for me, though, I'm still holding my face from the chimney collision and land in a muddy garden backwards.

"Today is just not my day," I moan.

Once I clean myself off, I peek into the cabin expecting to see someone asleep this late at night. However, it is empty. There are bags of chips and Pokémon Food cans left around, and it seems that a group of people have just left. There isn't kitchen, a table, or even a bed. It's just a bare, wooden room.

"Darn, we missed the party!" Matt laughs, and then sits in a chair and calls out to one of his Pokémon.

"I'll just make one of my own. Go, Ludicolo!"

A jolly Pokémon comes out singing and dancing as I crack open a can of Pokémon food and let Treecko out of my bag. It looks like a dancing yellow-green pineapple wearing a sombrero. I give a short laugh at the Pokemon's features.

"Sing us a tune!" Matt smiles.

"Ludi-colo! Ludi Ludi-colo!"

I eat dinner with Sean and Matt, hiding gracefully behind a small house versus an entire police force. A meal of Oran Berries and Lemonade doesn't settle the stomach. It does for Treecko, though. After the meal, I grab the Devon capsules from my bag and stare at them. Each one contains small stones of fossilized remains.

Then the three of us just decide to rest in the cabin that night—taking shifts watching for any intruders. Matt sleeps in a blue sleeping bag, Sean in a red, and myself in a green one. Treecko snoozes at the foot of my "bed."

. . .​

Just Previously​

Alex: Oshawott 15 Houndour 12 Wurmple 5

"Are we almost there yet?" Terra whines.

"We're halfway there!" Tabitha struggles as he rows the boat.

"Are you sure the man won't mind that we…stole…his boat?!" I flip. I know the guy—it's Mr. Briny!

"Stop worrying, kids! Just go with it. We'll get there when we get there. Right now, just let out your Pokémon and groom them, or whatever you girls like to do!"

"Go, Wurmple!" I yell with enthusiasm.

My Wurmple comes out with a wonderful plop. It laughs and inches around. I glance to see Oshawott swimming in the water nearby beside us.

"Too bad I can't send out Houndour…it doesn't like the water!"

"Alex, it's cramped enough with your one Wurmple on this boat. We don't need another Pokemon. Plus, Houndour would rather stay inside!" Terra explains to me.

"Uh, who asked you?"

"Girls, did you hear the police? They said something about a boy and his Treecko invading the Devon Corporation!" Tabitha excitedly interrupts.

"A boy and his Treecko…?" I frown. Is that Tony…? Wait.

"Invading the Devon Corporation!?" I scream.

"Yep!" Tabitha chimes.

"We have to turn back! We have to!" I squeal.

"No way, kid. You may like that place or something, but that doesn't matter. We can't go back for some other criminal. What if he's on Team Aqua?"

Tony…on Team Aqua? Nah, he's not like that. Not like me. …Right?

-----
(Willis' explanation: Someone gave me the character Willis to use in this story as long as she gets credit for him. I should probably keep this credit in since I didn't create the character, so I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience!)

The levels of the Pokemon should be gone the next chapter. They bothered me so much anyway. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'm open to suggestion! I'll be posting Chapter 6 whenever wanted.

RE: The Clash of Land and Sea (Chapter 5 is now up)

I don't think I recall any grammar mistakes in that one. You've improved! :)

Haha, I edited a little from my older copy a couple months back. You're fast :p. And thanks, it really starts picking up eventually and I can't wait until you're able to read it!

I just finished chapter 3. I'm really getting into it. I love the work!

"Don't ask where the bacon and eggs came from," he says, laughing. I laugh too. Then I look at my food weirdly.
This made me lol! :D

I also think it's funny how both evil teams admit that they consider themselves evil. Usually they think they're good and everything they do is good, even though it's not always the case! Haha.

Edit:

I just finished chapter 4. I felt like pointing out that this was also very funny:
"Who are we?" I smile.

"Prepare for trou—" I begin.

Terra shakes me.

"Wrong group," she sighs.

xD

Haha when I wrote this, I was torn on how Archie and Maxie should be: truthful or manipulative. To be honest, I based them both on "the Governor," a villain in The Walking Dead TV series. He's very charming and straightforward at first--much like the main antagonists in this story. It just shows how far from sanity one can become if power gets to his/her head.

Hey everyone, here's Chapter 6! The highlight of this story is that the levels of the Pokemon are gone :p This chapter isn't my favorite, it was mainly just to keep the plot going and introduce the next town towards the end. There isn't much action, but I hope you all will enjoy what this chapter does provide.
----
Thieving is Believing

Alex: Oshawott, Houndour, and Wurmple

"Row! ...Row! ...Row!" Tabitha mumbles as he rows the paddle through the water.

"Faster! I see Carvanha coming!" Terra warns him.

I look back to see the Pokémon coming to us. There are about five of them--all primarily blue from what I can see. They have these yellow dorsal fins protruding from their heads. Each one jumps out of the water, revealing a yellow star-shaped mark under a ferocious set of jaws. The bottom half of these Pokemon are red, and the side and back fins are yellow. Oshawott decides to help out as well by hopping into the water and pushing the boat along.

"Oshawott, try to use the water to your advantage!" I tell it.

"Osha! Oshawott!" it replies back, and begins forcing itself through the water in a pressurized water current of its own. The water envelops Oshawott as it pushes the boat. The sight reminds me of a flaming meteor falling from the atmosphere. Very quickly we lose sight of the Savage Pokemon.

"L-look at it go!" Terra says, awing in disbelief.

"That's Aqua Jet!" Tabitha looks back in shock.

"Aqua Jet?" I ask, confused. I look at my red uniform to see that it's sopping wet from the rough waters. I don't care. I'm just enjoying the view of my Oshawott's new move.

"Keep it up, Oshawott!"

"Osha!" it smiles, and then forces the boat off course and onto a stray island.

"Sandshew, go!" Terra yells.

A Sandshrew comes out onto the boat and curls up next to Terra. Its body is yellow and dry. To me, it seems to be used to the desert. It looks over the edge of the boat and shrieks at the sight of water.

"Well, if we're off course, we may as well train for the remainder of the day!"

"That's true. You girls aren't as strong as the rest of the grunts yet," Tabitha tells them, "but Alex your Oshawott is impressive!"

"Thank you!" I beam.

We seemingly land on the island in perfection condition. The sea washes the boat onto the shore, but once Tabitha puts his foot down and stands up, the boat smashes to pieces as if turned to dust. Oshawott manages to handle the Aqua Jet by jumping into my arms and falling asleep. I guess I'll be training the others while we wait for a ride back.

"We need to get off this island now, Boss!" Tabitha yells into his cell phone.

"Dewford Town is just across the bay I believe! I need a mode of transportation. Of course I am watching the girls! Please, those two could handle themselves anyways!" he argues over the phone.

I begin walking around the island. It's shaped like a star almost—with five different points. After a short distance--with Tabitha still in my sight--I come across a large rock. I feel the surface of the boulder and then come across something jagged. There's something engraved? I dust the area off and find an inscription of weird lettering on the rock. I look at it closely and recognize that it's written in the Unown language.

After reading what hasn't faded, I'm able to decipher some of the text. It says something about the Red and Blue Orbs. I'm not sure what exactly those are, but I remember my father trying to explain them to me when I was little.

-Flashback-​

"Yes Alex, this red circle could control the big dinosaur that lives in the land. The blue circle here can control the big blue fish that controls the sea. The two of them have a lot of power in them, and you could control the world with them both!"

"Could I get a pony too, Daddy?"

Steven smiles at his young daughter.

"Of course you could! All the people in the land would give you all of their Ponyta. You'd be the strongest trainer ever!"

"I want more than just Ponyta, silly. I want Rapidash too! And I want an Aipom and a Buneary and an Eevee and a Celebi and a Jirachi and..."

They both laugh. Little Alex keeps claiming that she will get the red and blue circles. Steven smiles, picking her up.

"However, there is another orb above the red and blue ones. The Jade Orb, a green color, is stronger than the combination of them both!" Steven acts surprised. They sit on the floor of their house in Rustboro.

"You mean…Green beats Red….and Blue…AND purple?" Alex gasps.

"I'm afraid so. However, nothing can beat you and me!"

"Yeah! 'Cause we're a team, Daddy! We'll never be beaten!"

"That's right, honey. No one can separate the two of us. Not even Team Aqua, or Team Magma!"

"Team…Aqua? Magma? Daddy, what are those Pokémon?"

"Oh, honey. We'll save that for another rainy day! Let's go out and play with Aron!"

--End of Flashback--​

I snap out of my daydream to see Terra running towards me. She has an excited look on her face.

"Maxie is coming to help us! Wait…what are you looking at?"

"Oh, nothing!" I lie.

Terra looks over my shoulder, sees the weird writing, and runs off to blab to the admin. Figures.

"T-Tabitha! You need to check this out!" she says, running back towards the Magma Admin.

I sit down on a nearby stone, clutching my Oshawott.

"Oh, Daddy. I've been such a misguided fool. I hope one day…you'll forgive me," I begin crying, and hide from the others so they don't see my weakened state.

. . .​

Tony: Treecko and Corphish

I wake up to find an old man staring at me.

"Who are you?! Peeko, my darling, use your Wing Attack!" he screams.

A Wingull comes in through the doorway and begins attacking—just me—with its wings.

"No, no, no! Sir, this is a misunderstanding! I just don't have anywhere to go!" I try to explain.

"Team Aqua is not welcome in my house! Peeko, use Water Gun!"

"M-Matt! Sean! Get up!" I scream, thrashing around the cabin to wake the others up.

The Wingull flies towards us and sprays us with a stream of water.It's a white seagull with blue stripes on its wings. The thing would be pretty cool if she wasn't trying to kill us!

"Gahh!" Matt glubs through the water.

Sean dodges a Water Gun at the last second, while Treecko fires three rounds of Bullet Seed in defense against a Wing Attack.

I grab Matt's bag and out pops three small felted squares. There's a small switch on the steel handle within the shape, and I press it. Instantly a hang glider pops out like the one last night. I guess his one bag is a giant Swiss Army Knife of sorts, and its contents are fun-sized versions used in different situations. As the old man commands his Wingull to attack the others, I jump out the door of the small cabin and scramble up the roof with Treecko and the bag.

"Guys, come on!"

Sean grabs a square and climbs up beside me.

"I'm ready!"

"Go without me! I'll catch up!" a voice emanates from inside.

"Okay Matt!" I reply back, and put Treecko in my bag again. Then I kick off the small cabin and use the ocean breeze to my advantage. I fly far past the sea as Treecko applies more power with a Bullet Seed that acts as an engine.

I look behind myself to see Sean struggling to hold on. Farther back I see the old man fooling with Matt. I hope he doesn't get in trouble.

I fly beside a small island with the remains of a rowing boat. I think I see a figure of a member of Team Magma, but dismiss it and steer myself to the left.

After gliding for about half an hour more, I land with a thud on the top of a cave—Granite Cave. I've never been on top of a cave before. From that location, I patiently wait for my colleagues to join me.

. . .​

A large helicopter hovers down onto the small stray island.

"Thank you for your find, Alex. Your success will most definitely be noted," an underling of Maxie tells me.

Several grunts begin to swarm the area and take pictures.

"This rock seems to be dated back to thousands of years ago," one scientist says.

"The carving was used with what seems to be made from writing instruments!" another exclaims.

"That's definitely Unown lettering, alright," a speculator agrees with my assumption.

"Good, good. Document it. May I please have a chat with the finder of this information?" a familiar figure asks the crowd.

The group of Magma Grunts part into two different subgroups, leaving a path to me. I kinda look around to make sure he is talking about me.

"Alex?! It was…you…who found the writing of the Orbs?" Maxie asks, bewildered. He comes toward me.

"Y-yes," I'm able to muster despite my nervousness.

"Then come with me to the Magma Base of Dewford Island. The two of us need to have a talk. Don't worry, it's good news," Maxie informs me, and then has a few grunts escort me to a steamboat, where Maxie and I are boarded and sent to Dewford.

"I just have one question," I tell Maxie.

"Fire away, Alex," he says, obviously using 'fire' as a pun to Team Magma.

"This inscription…it's about the Red Orb, isn't it?"

"We'll discuss this later. Right now we're just scoping its origins and meaning—both literally and figuratively. As soon as we have the verification, I'll tell you everything. For now, let's just get to this base," he tells me, and the two of us wait to dock at Dewford.

. . .​

"This is PokéNews with your live information. I'm here with Mr. Briney, who claims to have seen a figure resembling the character whose disappearance has been talked about for days. Mr. Briney, you say you have seen Anthony, the missing child from Littleroot Town?" the female news reporter asks, shoving the microphone nearly into Mr. Briney's mouth.

"That's what it looks like, ma'am. But the person I thought he was ran off rather quickly, and I only managed to see that he had a green Pokémon with him. It may not be a big tip, but that's all I know. After he left, a Team Aqua Admin confronted me and told me to not get involved. My dear Peeko, darling! It's time for your bath! Oh, that's all the time I have for today. My little Peeko has gotten filthy while playing in the mud!" Mr. Briney laughs.

"Wingull!" Peeko confirms.

The camera moves from the old man to the news reporter, and she smiles and laughs as Wingull flies away.

"Well that's our scoop! Stay tuned for the next segment of: Small Talk with Gabby and Ty!"

. . .​

Tony: Treecko and Corphish

Sean quickly lands on the cave's top with his hang glider being torn from his hands and sinking in the ocean to our left. However, he does show me a Wingull he caught while flying. Let's just say that his face has cuts and bruises.

Matt later follows, however he doesn't land on the cave—but rather in front of it. He tells us to stay there while he checks out Dewford's main city, and we obey.

I decide to peek inside the cave. I walk in to find a small rock near the corner of the main entrance. I quickly hide behind it and unzip my bag to let Treecko out.

From the rock I can see people working around me. They're in red costumes. Wait! Those are…Team Magma costumes! I run out of the cave in time to dodge any looks—you know, since I'm in my Team Aqua outfit.

I run to tell Sean to come here. He comes in and peeks around the bend in the cave, where we can see them working. Sean then says he will go and tell Matt. I decide to go take a look around inside.

Inside there are different rocks and gaps I can hide in and slide through to avoid any sights of my being. Therefore I can work my way into finding out their plans.

"That rock with Unown inscriptions is definitely going to be a prize!" one grunt squeals loudly. I tell Treecko to listen closely.

"Maku Maku!" something says from behind me. A Makuhita is yelling about an intruder.

"No! Shh! Be quiet!" I whisper as the shadows of grunts begin walking toward me.

"Makuhita! Maku Maku!" the yellow-bellied Pokémon cries, thrusting its gloves back and forth at me.

"Treecko, use Quick Attack!" I whisper.

"'Cko!" Treecko snaps, slamming into Makuhita. It puts its twig in its mouth.

"Go, Pokéball!" I panic, throwing a standard ball at Makuhita.

"What is it Makuhita?" one grunt asks.

"It's a wild Pokémon, it's probably just showing off to its friends," another tells the first one.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry," the first apologizes.

I sigh as I watch Makuhita shake a few times in the Pokéball.

Bing! a sound comes from the ball, signaling a successful capture.

"Nice! In the bag you go, Makuhita!" I gratefully say while putting my new Pokémon in my bag.

I look at the first bend in the cave to see Sean peeking nearby. He signals for me to keep going and mouths that Matt is getting backup to take over the cave.

I begin running behind machines and shadows as I manage to make it to a storage closet without being seen. I slam the door and take a breather. Then I realize that I still have those capsules in my bag! The DNA scans from the ancient Pokémon! I decide to wrap them up in a blanket and tuck them under my Pokéballs so they aren't found if I'm captured.

I run to this big, important room. From there, I hide in yet another closet. On the desk of that room is a little name plate saying 'Magma Boss Maxie.' I throw my fist in the air silently in triumph. Then I hear two people approaching the room. I dig deep in the closet to find myself face-to-face with a Spinarak. Trying not to freak out, I realize it's a fake one used to scare off kids. They must put them out in the front of the cave or something. Sighing, I put Treecko in my lap and peek through the blinds of the door. Treecko puts its twig in its mouth. I look back—and then I see who it is.

. . .​

I'm escorted to this cave called the 'Granite Cave,' which is on the northern side of Dewford Island. Maxie brings me in the cave and takes me through several different rooms and winding tunnels until I reach the final chamber. I enter the room to see a nice, bright window by the sea and an impressive desk in the center—and it's made out of the same stone the cave is. On this desk is a computer, several different files, and a keychain. Maxie sits down in a comfortable chair and offers me a seat.

I accept and sit down. The only other things in the room are a file cabinet and a closet.

"You did a remarkable job finding that stone, Alex," Maxie compliments me.

"Why thank you, but it was just luck," I reply modestly.

"Nonsense! You may have gotten us the ticket to finding Groudon and Kyogre! With the both of them, Team Aqua will be in shatters!" he laughs. I sigh because of his greed.

"So this is about land and sea, then. So what's the big deal?"

"Big deal?! These photographs here," Maxie tells me while pointing at some printed pictures of the boulder I found, "are going to lead us right to the next clue for the Red and Blue Orbs!"

Maxie shows me the pictures, but one falls and lands under the door of the closet. He begins to lunge for it, but then the picture of the boulder is moved farther than its location—something grabbed it!

"Who's there?" Maxie mutters in fright.

. . .​

Tony: Treecko, Corphish, Makuhita
I thrust myself out of the closet and throw my two Pokéballs in the air and throw Treecko as well.

"Treecko Bullet Seed! Corphish use Bubble! Makuhita, Arm Thrust!"

Treecko takes out its twig and spits an array of seeds at Maxie and the grunt sitting at the table, while Corphish distracts them with a Bubble attack and Makuhita slamming Maxie with Arm Thrust. I grab the picture of whatever is so important and slip it in my bag.

"And I'll see you folks later!" I yell in triumph while having Treecko break the window with Bullet Seed. I return my Makuhita and grab Treecko before we jump out the window. I look back just in time to see…

"Alex?!"

"Tony?" the girl screams back in confusion.

"Well this is awkward," I gasp, but then jump in the water and swim with my Corphish (who was not recalled into its Pokeball) to safety. I look and see that my capsules are fine—and the picture is as well. Treecko and Corphish high five, and I join them. What a team—Team Aqua. I guess I do fit in.

----
So that was Chapter 6! Tony's finally having faith in himself while Alex is already regretting her choice. I actually added in more descriptions (mainly in the beginning, not so much in the last third of the story) than the original posted copy. This chapter could have been a little confusing, and I definitely could have added/subtracted some things into it, but if I remember correctly that night I had pneumonia (yet still posted). I'll be posting another chapter tomorrow, so for now enjoy :D

Back