Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I'm slow. Whatever. We're in the final stretch anyways.
Turn 36:

@Lord o da rings rolls a 7. She passes Pay Day, lands on Opportunity Knocks and will be informed of the card she received.
@Blakers passes the entrance exam! He rolls a 3 and wins his first duel, earning 2 Happiness!
@GM DracLord rolls a 5. He captures a rock musician as patronage, earning 2 Notoriety and 4 Happiness.

Current positions on the board:
Pirate 1 current.jpg

Pirate 2 current.jpg

Current player cards (more detailed version will be in your PMs):
Notoriety: 20 Treasure: 1601 Happiness: 8
Patronage: 300
Opportunity Knocks cards: 5 Experience cards: 3
Experience: Discovery, Mentoring, Naval Combat (x2), Looting
Training: None
Notoriety: 28 Treasure: 2040 Happiness: 36
Patronage: 100
Opportunity Knocks cards: 1 Experience cards: 3
Experience: Looting, Mentoring (x2), Navigation, Naval Combat, City Attacks
Notoriety: 4 Treasure: 398 Happiness: 10
Opportunity Knocks cards: 4 Experience cards: 1
Experience: Looting

You have 24 hours, or until 6:00 PM EST on Monday to submit what you want to do/attempt to solve the entrance challenge. Please still submit to me if you want to do nothing. If nothing is submitted to me, I will take it as you wanting to do nothing. If you have no options for what you can do, you don't need to submit anything.

NinjaPenguin

Turn 37:

@Lord o da rings rolls a 10. She lands on Discovery and can move in there next turn if she wants to.
@Blakers use his experience card to roll a 2. He's named "Best Upcoming Pirate," and receives two Opportunity Knocks cards.
@GM DracLord rolls a 3. He steals funds from Girl Scouts, earning 2 Happiness!

Pirate 2 current.jpg

Opportunity Knocks cards: 5 Experience cards: 3
Opportunity Knocks cards: 3 Experience cards: 2
Notoriety: 4 Treasure: 398 Happiness: 12
Experience: Looting

You have 24 hours, or until 6:00 PM EST on Tuesday to submit what you want to do/attempt to solve the entrance challenge. Please still submit to me if you want to do nothing. If nothing is submitted to me, I will take it as you wanting to do nothing. If you have no options for what you can do, you don't need to submit anything.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Turn 38:

@Lord o da rings enters Discovery and rolls a 2. She meets a famous pirate on route, earning her an Opportunity Knocks card.
@Blakers uses his experience card to roll a 5. His patronage increases by 200 treasure and he must choose a type of training. In addition, he lands on Opportunity Knocks and has been informed of the card he received.
@GM DracLord rolls a 4. He collects experience, lands on Training, and has been sent the entrance exam.

Pirate 2 current.jpg
Pirate 3 current.jpg

Opportunity Knocks cards: 6 Experience cards: 3
Opportunity Knocks cards: 4 Experience cards: 2
Experience: Looting (x2)

You have 24 hours, or until 6:00 PM EST on Wednesday to submit what you want to do/attempt to solve the entrance challenge. Please still submit to me if you want to do nothing. If nothing is submitted to me, I will take it as you wanting to do nothing. If you have no options for what you can do, you don't need to submit anything.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Game Over:

Since Blakers has chosen Plundering Training, he has fulfilled what he needed to win the game! In second place is Lorde, who was closer on all parts of her victory formula than Drac. The final player cards (with victory formulas and all that secret stuff) are:

In first place,
Final Scorecard:
Victory Formula: 15 Notoriety, 2,000 Treasure, 20 Happiness
Opportunity Knocks cards: Looting, Navigation, Looting, Mentoring (Special)
Experience cards: 3
Training: Plundering
In second place,
Final Scorecard:
Victory Formula: 16 Notoriety, 2,600 Treasure, 18 Happiness
Opportunity Knocks cards: Navigation, Swashbuckling (Special), Discovery, Swashbuckling (Special), Naval Combat, Mentoring (Special)
Experience cards: 1, 2, 1
And in third place,
Final Scorecard:
Victory Formula: 10 Notoriety, 2,000 Treasure, 30 Happiness
Opportunity Knocks cards: Training, Discovery, Discovery, Looting
Experience cards: 3, 1
Experience: Looting (x2)
Training: None (Sailing required.)

Miscellaneous Resources:
Entry Challenges
Other Things

Congrats to all of you guys for dealing with me so long as special congrats to Blakers for winning the season! You definitely deserved this one!

Stay tuned for ending flavor coming this afternoon and a postgame not long after that. Thanks for playing!

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Endgame:

For Blakers, the quest was finally over, as he could finally call himself the strongest pirate on the seas. He ran back into the cavern, pilfered the diamond, and held it in the air, ready to finally prove himself the savior of Morgan.
Blakers Avi new.jpg
Yet something felt strange. The diamond did not make him feel any stronger at all. In fact, all it seemed to be was just some useless shiny relic without much real power. He carried it back to Morgan, doubting himself. He had eliminated all these people standing in his way for some useless object that could only look good in a kelpto's collection. What about them? Did they not need this power as much as he did?
"Maybe," he thought, "the real power is not in the diamond itself but in what is required to wield it. After all, I am the strongest on the seas, nobody would ever dare attack me or Morgan."
He let that thought infect his mind, and became convinced of it's validity and truth. All this work he had put it and the skills he had learned slipped his mind, replaced only by the fakeness of the relic and the sound of Chapera echoing over and over again in his head.
So he solemnly sailed back and returned to Morgan a hero; the Drake pirates would never dare to attack a village that included someone as strong as him. And yet he still felt like a fraud...until one day a new threat came over the horizon, larger than he could ever imagine.

Once again, thanks for playing! You can post now if you want to.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Woohoo! Congratulations to Blakers for winning, you 100% deserved it. I had so much trouble with that Final Challenge in certain places it was driving me crazy. But I'll definitely take Runner-Up, especially after BB3.

It was a long 10 months, parts of which I wasn't fully involved in, due to this being my 3rd chance in the game, meaning I'd been eliminated twice. But it's over now, and I wish you all good luck in TC9 (which I will not compete in), whenever that ends up taking place!

Status
Not open for further replies.